Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"They were wearing black masks"

Go down 
+7
Lizpuff
Jenn
eli27
slippy123
sscc
Draw_It_White
anonacc489
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74541
Forum Reputation : 0

"They were wearing black masks" Empty
PostSubject: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 am

I was listening to Bones' Columbine album, and in the intro it plays some news footage, and there's a few clips in there from different anchormen/anchorwomen talking about how the shooters had black masks?

Did Dylan and Eric have masks?

Maybe there WAS more than one shooter...
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 am

anonacc489 wrote:
I was listening to Bones' Columbine album, and in the intro it plays some news footage, and there's a few clips in there from different anchormen/anchorwomen talking about how the shooters had black masks?

Definitely more than one shooter.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 1:31 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
anonacc489 wrote:

Definitely more than one shooter.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:57 am

Ugh. No there wasn't a third shooter. There is nothing even remotely close to proving it, nor even
letting it go past a rumor. I know lots of people joke about this, but some actually believe it, which boggles my mind.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 4:46 am

Some student witnesses were confused as to the amount of shooters. I remember reading an interview, I believe in the 11k?, in which a student thought that one of Eric & Dylan's known associates was a third shooter [the name was blanked, though almost definitely talking about Chris Morris]. There was also the initial worry of a third shooter on the roof, however this turned out to be an unlucky heating company employment fixing a leak.

I can assure you, there was no real third shooter.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 am

Eric did have a mask, yes. Except he never wore it. They found it inside of his trench coat which he took off as soon as the shooting started. And Dylan had a hat on, no mask.

There were just the 2 shooters. People were getting confused because the boys took their coats off so some people were saying they say 2 guys in trench coats and then other people were saying they saw a guy in a white t-shirt (which was Eric with his coat off). Then some people say they saw this other guy named Robert Perry (which was probably Dylan and they mistook him for Robert).

At first Chris Morris was arrested but they let him go. I don't think there was any other shooters, all the shots fired are accounted for and were shot by either Dylan or Eric.

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 5:56 am

There are reports from witnesses that report Eric and Dylan wearing masks but I think it just shows how eyewitness accounts can be clouded. There are numerous experiments showing how witnesses can be blinded by distraction or panic and there was def panic that day. Maybe the witness didn't remember seeing their faces so they thought there was a mask. Or maybe they heard from someone else that they were wearing masks and thought it was true.

For every 1 person claiming E&D were wearing masks, there are probably 10 accounts saying they were not wearing masks.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 6:10 am

Patrick Ireland was one of the witnesses to initially report that E&D were wearing masks. His accounts of the events were unsure however, as he was shot in the head.

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83921
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 pm

eli27 wrote:
Patrick Ireland was one of the witnesses to initially report that E&D were wearing masks. His accounts of the events were unsure however, as he was shot in the head.

That seems like a legitimate excuse for forbearance to me, if I ever heard one!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Jenn wrote:
Eric did have a mask, yes. Except he never wore it. They found it inside of his trench coat which he took off as soon as the shooting started. And Dylan had a hat on, no mask.

There were just the 2 shooters. People were getting confused because the boys took their coats off so some people were saying they say 2 guys in trench coats and then other people were saying they saw a guy in a white t-shirt (which was Eric with his coat off). Then some people say they saw this other guy named Robert Perry (which was probably Dylan and they mistook him for Robert).

At first Chris Morris was arrested but they let him go. I don't think there was any other shooters, all the shots fired are accounted for and were shot by either Dylan or Eric.
You'd think they would kill more than 13 people if there were 3 people involved.

Eric and Dylan alone didn't even kill as many as Robert Hawkins, the Westroads Mall shooter. They were horrible shots and about as bad as the kids they mocked in their journals. Eric only killed 8 people all up, Dylan 5.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

You'd think they would kill more than 13 people if there were 3 people involved.

Eric and Dylan alone didn't even kill as many as Robert Hawkins, the Westroads Mall shooter. They were horrible shots and about as bad as the kids they mocked in their journals. Eric only killed 8 people all up, Dylan 5.

Didn't Hawkins 'only' kill 8? Equalling the number Eric killed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Didn't Hawkins 'only' kill 8? Equalling the number Eric killed?
I thought he killed 9, but then I remember that included himself. Still, he killed 8 people within 10 minutes. Eric killed 8 people in an hour. Another comparison, Seung Hui Cho, killed 30 people in less than 10 minutes. Eric and Dylan played around way too much during the shooting and also didn't have a real plan before they did the shooting, they just shot.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Eric killed 8 and Dylan 5. Robert Hawkins also killed 8 but he did that in the matter of a few minutes. Eric and Dylan had nearly an hour. They spent a good amount of their time shooting at lockers, shooting the ceiling and running around laughing and throwing pipe bombs at the walls. And yes, they were horrible at shooting their guns.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 2:22 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
eli27 wrote:

That seems like a legitimate excuse for forbearance to me, if I ever heard one!

I thought so too. Very Happy

Contribution Points : 81512

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

Over 110 witnesses claim 3 or more shooters most naming the other shooters. That's not evidence?
Back to top Go down
tommydee89

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:08 am

If 110 people saw OJ do it. Trust me there would have been a different verdict.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:21 am

tommydee89 wrote:
Over 110 witnesses claim 3 or more shooters most naming the other shooters. That's not evidence?

Jenn, its time to hit em with the ban hammer. Spamming multiple threads, and not even remotely funny Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 am

The TRUTH is: Eric/Dylan killed 10 people and wounded 11 people (excluding Brian Anderson & Patricia Nielson) in less than 7 1/2 minutes
Back to top Go down
tommydee89

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:46 pm

I didn't spam. It double posted because sprint is bad. It's my opinion. You want me banned for my opinion that's different from yours?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 3:23 pm

slippy123 wrote:
tommydee89 wrote:

Jenn, its time to hit em with the ban hammer. Spamming multiple threads, and not even remotely funny Rolling Eyes

tommydee89 wrote:
I didn't spam. It double posted because sprint is bad. It's my opinion. You want me banned for my opinion that's different from yours?

This isn't spamming and no one is being banned. It seems like they accidentally posted the message twice. Sometimes that happens. A error might come up, making it look like the post didn't go through but it actually did. I will delete the double post.

Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Sadly the witness statements aren't the most reliable. Some students claimed to hear fully autos when it was really just the boys rapidly firing. The Tech-9 and carbine were mistaken for AK-47s. Pipe bombs were called grenades by some. Highschool students being shot at arent going to have the best perception. Like others said Dylan and Eric took off their coats which confused many. Also mass hysteria took over and the community was afraid of the very thought that a third shooter might have gone uncaptured. Its so much easier to explain away a third shooter using the evidence than it is to back the theory up.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "They were wearing black masks"   "They were wearing black masks" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"They were wearing black masks"
Page 1 of 1