Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Harris family on 4/20

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74989
Forum Reputation : 63

The Harris family on 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:11 am

I'm a bit confused. When the police arrived at the Harris home on 4/20, they found them to be uncooperative (denying entry etc...). But Wayne called the police to inform them that his son maybe involved in the shooting. Why then the negative reception to police arrival?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

obviously, they got defensive. they're afraid of what the police might find and seize.
and secondly aswell, all the blame and questions would go to them thinking they knew what their son was up to but didn't stop him etc

the root is, it's an absolutely expected reaction.

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 12:15 pm

I wonder when and what tipped them off... Maybe they found all the stuff in Erics room but hoped for the best. I can't imagine the horror and confusion they felt when they saw the first news broadcasts. If it was me, I wouldn't even have the strength to pick up the phone, let alone make the call...

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:15 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
I wonder when and what tipped them off... Maybe they found all the stuff in Erics room but hoped for the best. I can't imagine the horror and confusion they felt when they saw the first news broadcasts. If it was me, I wouldn't even have the strength to pick up the phone, let alone make the call...

I wonder if they had the time to check Eric's room, and maybe thought about hiding or flushing stuff down the toilet,
until they realized he had an armory full of stuff in his room Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:31 pm

slippy123 wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:

I wonder if they had the time to check Eric's room, and maybe thought about hiding or flushing stuff down the toilet,

I believe that they checked Eric's room before the news even hit the TV, but they didn't want to jump to conclusions. Only after the first reports did they piece together what their son was up to.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:53 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:

I believe that they checked Eric's room before the news even hit the TV, but they didn't want to jump to conclusions. Only after the first reports did they piece together what their son was up to.

I doubt they checked too well, Very Happy. It was probably left a huge mess with bomb making and gun materials everywhere.
Maybe it was that parental denial that Sue had too.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77620
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:10 am

Eric left bullets on his bed and various bomb making materials in his room.  The parents probably checked but didn't want to remove anything because then it would seem that they were covering up for him.... And that they had known about his plan.  I think they were defensive when the cops arrived because the home was quickly surrounded and they were met with a gun barrel in their face when they answered the front door.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:22 am

Freezingmoon wrote:
Eric left bullets on his bed and various bomb making materials in his room.  The parents probably checked but didn't want to remove anything because then it would seem that they were covering up for him.... And that they had known about his plan.  I think they were defensive when the cops arrived because the home was quickly surrounded and they were met with a gun barrel in their face when they answered the front door.

That's understandable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Harris family on 4/20   The Harris family on 4/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Harris family on 4/20
Page 1 of 1