Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brandi Tinklenberg

Go down 
+8
bubbles
Nirvana92
PaintItBlack
Vii
Lizpuff
Freezingmoon
CaptainMidnight
shades
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Does anyone else find it interesting that she is only briefly mentioned in the 11k as not on location when the incident occurred? At the very least, I would categorize her in the Harris/Klebold Associates section where a more in depth interview would be conducted.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 5:49 pm

What for.

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80572
Forum Reputation : 0

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Didn't Eric and her just met on Eric on Cafeteria?
she even says something like 'oh,so you're both Erics?' to Harris and Veik.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 6:57 pm

CaptainMidnight wrote:
Didn't Eric and her just met on Eric on Cafeteria?
she even says something like 'oh,so you're both Erics?' to Harris and Veik.

Yes, but i believe that was at the beginning of the school year. Weren't they laughing about the banner no longer saying "Congratulations 98 Graduates" or something to that effect?

I remember reading that he had a friend ask her to prom and she shook her head no and that he saw her. I think she was even in video production class with him.

It would be interesting to hear her opinion of him and/or Klebold.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:31 pm

After she said no to the prom Eric supposedly never spoke to her again.
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:

I remember reading that also.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 pm

She seemed kind of rude to Eric in the cafeteria video.  He was trying to speak to her and she just starting yelling for some other guy to come over.  Almost makes me feel kinda sorry for Eric.
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
She seemed kind of rude to Eric in the cafeteria video.  He was trying to speak to her and she just starting yelling for some other guy to come over.  Almost makes me feel kinda sorry for Eric.

Yes I thought so too. It also appears she's really trying hard to be the center of attention in that tape. I just would have liked to hear more from her for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 pm

She obviously did not like Eric and she knew that he liked her and did not care. Not saying you have to like everyone that likes you but he took rejection too hard.

I would be interested in hearing what she has to say too

Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 74180

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
He didn't really have much opportunity to speak to her since he had a friend ask her for him shortly before the prom, and then a few days later he was gone. Although, I do remember reading that he had a "mean" kind of look on his face as he was staring at her at the prom after-party. It does make sense knowing that Eric usually didn't take the rejection very well.
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:40 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
She obviously did not like Eric and she knew that he liked her and did not care.  Not saying you have to like everyone that likes you but he took rejection too hard.  

He got rejected so much because his standards were so high. If he went for a nerdy girl or something I'm sure she'd have said yes to him. But he had to go for the girls who hang off jock's arms..
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Ivan wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
She obviously did not like Eric and she knew that he liked her and did not care.  Not saying you have to like everyone that likes you but he took rejection too hard.  

He got rejected so much because his standards were so high. If he went for a nerdy girl or something I'm sure she'd have said yes to him. But he had to go for the girls who hang off jock's arms..

Probably so. His type was unattainable.
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Probably so.  His type was unattainable.  
For him? Yes. But for jocks? No. That's probably where a lot of the hate towards them stems from too - not just the bullying, but jealousy. They wanted what they couldn't have.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:31 pm

With the exception of Alyssa and Susan,I thought that most of Eric's girls were attractive but nothing extraordinary in the looks department.
I don't see them as being out of his league as far as strictly looks go.
I thought they rejected him because of social status and he was different from the norm.Anyone else think this too?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:38 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
With the exception of Alyssa and Susan,I thought that most of Eric's girls were attractive but nothing extraordinary in the looks department.
I thought they rejected him because of social status and he was different from the norm.Anyone else think this too?
Not many girls want a 5'7" 135 pound guy. The ones that do were probably turned away by his hatred/violent streak/weirdness.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:45 am

Ivan wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Not many girls want a 5'7" 135 pound guy. The ones that do were probably turned away by his hatred/violent streak/weirdness.

I honestly did not know that so many girls would be so hung up on a guys height.Probably because that is not something I have ever thought about much.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 am

pretty redundant question if you ask me. There's nothing else brandi has to offer.

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 am

Ivan wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

To be fair that's pretty standard for a teenage boy. At that age looks tend to trump personality, and being a "jock centric" school I'm sure popularity was partially based on whos dating who. I was the same way myself and so were most of my friends. I agree though that had Eric not put so much stock in looks and status that he could have gotten a girl. Unlike Dylan he actually put himself out there and tried making connections with the opposite sex. Ultimately Eric's worst enemy was himself. Had he not tried so hard to be different and had he dropped his superiority complex his Highschool experience could have been much different.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75042

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:29 am

It's weird how so many girls who consider themselves as "outsiders" lust after E&D and possibly assume that E&D would have been interested in them in return, considering Dylan and especially Eric pursued generic-looking girl-next-door types and even pretty, cheerleader-esque girls.

When taking into account E&D's own appearance, they seemed to have had relatively high standards when it came to girls (i.e. some of us on here have speculated that Dylan wasn't interested in Robyn Anderson due to her unremarkable appearance, they never really tried it on with "nerdy" girls etc).

I agree with people here who have noted that it would have been a sore spot for E&D to not be able to woo girls they found attractive as easily as a good-looking athletic guy might have.
Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:40 am

liquorvamp wrote:
pretty redundant question if you ask me. There's nothing else brandi has to offer.

Move on then. If you're not interested in the topic or have something to contribute besides snide one liners, don't waste your time. There's plenty of topics on here that I'm not interested in and I simply move on. Sheesh. And by the way, how do you know Brandi has nothing to offer?
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:53 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I agree.  All of the girls looked pretty average to me. I don't think any of them were out of Eric's league as far as looks go. No offense toward any of them, but Susan was really the only one who was  attractive. 

I think his rejection had more to do with his low social status.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I agree.  All of the girls looked pretty average to me. I don't think any of them were out of Eric's league as far as looks go. No offense toward any of them, but Susan was really the only one who was  attractive. 

I think his rejection had more to do with his low social status.

Totally agreed. I don't see any of the girls they pursued being out of their league on a strictly looks basis.
It had to be their outcast status and what was seen as general weirdness that made girls turn them down.
They were highly unusual guys for that area from everything from their dress to their music to their interests.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] how do you know Brandi has nothing to offer? Because she absolutely doesn't? Ain't nobody finding her after all these years. And most people are still fixated on disliking her due to how she has treated eric. She really has nothing relevant to say since she wasn't on the scene during the shooting. and also, pretty mature of you going to any threads I'm in to point out "redundancy" just as I did Rolling Eyes

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:29 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] how do you know Brandi has nothing to offer? Because she absolutely doesn't? Ain't nobody finding her after all these years. And most people are still fixated on disliking her due to how she has treated eric. She really has nothing relevant to say since she wasn't on the scene during the shooting. and also, pretty mature of you going to any threads I'm in to point out "redundancy" just as I did Rolling Eyes

lol! But it's true that topic has been discussed to death and back. My point being, I'm not interested in wasting my time to enter topics to which I have nothing to contribute but snide remarks. I engaged that particular topic because it's exactly what you're saying here...redundant. And, I might add, pointless.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] well sweetie, it's a forum. so smoke some weed and rub one out cuz the petty is rubbing off on me and I can't flower

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:58 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] well sweetie, it's a forum. so smoke some weed and rub one out cuz the petty is rubbing off on me and I can't flower

Likewise to you hon... I love you
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:02 pm

None of the topics created on the forum are pointless. Unless they are the obvious spam and/or trolling threads. We encourage any member who wants to create topics that interest them to go ahead and do so. If someone doesn't find that topic interesting, just go ahead and skip it, but please have respect for other forum members and questions/interests that they may have.

Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Jenn wrote:
None of the topics created on the forum are pointless. Unless they are the obvious spam and/or trolling threads. We encourage any member who wants to create topics that interest them to go ahead and do so. If someone doesn't find that topic interesting, just go ahead and skip it, but please have respect for other forum members and questions/interests that they may have.

Thank you, my thought as well.
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85015
Forum Reputation : 50

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:09 am

Rocky Mountain News wrote:
Girl turned down Harris for prom date

Days before shootings, he had friend ask her
By Ann Carnahan (Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer)

May 1, 1999  – Six days before he killed his classmates, Eric Harris tried to get a date to the prom. But the girl turned him down.

"I hadn't planned on going to the prom. It was late notice," said Brandi Tinklenberg, a junior at Columbine High School. "It was nothing against Eric. He was always really sweet to me."It wasn't the only rejection Harris endured that week. The next day, he was turned down by the Marines because of medical reasons.

In the days after the shooting, Brandi wondered if she somehow helped drive Harris to his dark side.

"I did wonder if I made him more upset about life. But he had it planned for a long, long time," Brandi said. "My friends have made me realize it was nothing I did that made him upset. He was already upset about life."

Brandi said she and Harris were in the same video productions class. Whenever she walked into class, he'd smile and say hello.

On April 14, a girl in the class approached Brandi. "She said Eric was interested in going with me to the prom and 'Are you interested?' I said, 'No, not really.' "

Harris watched from the other side of the room. "It was kind of odd that he had somebody ask me when he was right there. I figured maybe he was too shy or embarrassed."

Brandi said she felt bad after she said no "because I thought he was a nice guy. I was always comfortable around him."

Brandi said she saw Harris in her video productions class two or three more times before the shootings. "When I would walk in, he would turn his head the other way," she said.

The two never spoke again.

Brandi said she usually studies in the school library on Tuesday mornings. But April 20, she went to a tanning salon instead. "It makes me wonder if he would have spared me because he liked me," Brandi said, "or if he wouldn't have because I said no."
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 am

Gonz wrote:

May 1, 1999  – Six days before he killed his classmates, Eric Harris tried to get a date to the prom. But the girl turned him down.

"I hadn't planned on going to the prom. It was late notice," said Brandi Tinklenberg, a junior at Columbine High School. "It was nothing against Eric. He was always really sweet to me."It wasn't the only rejection Harris endured that week. The next day, he was turned down by the Marines because of medical reasons.

In the days after the shooting, Brandi wondered if she somehow helped drive Harris to his dark side.

"I did wonder if I made him more upset about life. But he had it planned for a long, long time," Brandi said. "My friends have made me realize it was nothing I did that made him upset. He was already upset about life."

Brandi said she and Harris were in the same video productions class. Whenever she walked into class, he'd smile and say hello.

On April 14, a girl in the class approached Brandi. "She said Eric was interested in going with me to the prom and 'Are you interested?' I said, 'No, not really.' "

Harris watched from the other side of the room. "It was kind of odd that he had somebody ask me when he was right there. I figured maybe he was too shy or embarrassed."

Brandi said she felt bad after she said no "because I thought he was a nice guy. I was always comfortable around him."

Brandi said she saw Harris in her video productions class two or three more times before the shootings. "When I would walk in, he would turn his head the other way," she said.

Brandi said she usually studies in the school library on Tuesday mornings. But April 20, she went to a tanning salon instead. "It makes me wonder if he would have spared me because he liked me," Brandi said, "or if he wouldn't have because I said no."

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:38 am

Gonz wrote:

Good article. I feel bad she blames herself
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83288

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 11:22 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

Concur, I think it was Eric's style/demeanor that hurt him with the girls. Eric was an attractive guy, a little of a late bloomer physically, but I just think the vibe & look he gave off hurt him most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brandi Tinklenberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandi Tinklenberg   Brandi Tinklenberg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brandi Tinklenberg
Page 1 of 1