Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confused

Go down 
+7
cyn1231
shades
ldg1414
Lizpuff
Fatheroftwo
NotYourRobot
meowitscow
11 posters
AuthorMessage
meowitscow

meowitscow

Contribution Points : 74145
Forum Reputation : 0

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm a little bit confused Question . I've read some people stated Eric and Dylan were racist, calling Isaiah n-word etc., but then there is this, from Eric's writings :

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!

---RACISM!!Anyone who belives that blacks, asians, mexicans, or people from any other country or race besides white-american....people who think that should be drug out into the street, have their arms ripped off, be burnt suht at the stumps, then have every person of the race that YOU hate come out and beat the shit out of you. and if you are female, then you should be raped by a male from the race you hate and be forced to raise the child! You people are the scum of society and arent worth a damn piece of worm shit. You all are trash. And dont let me catch you making fun of someone just because they are a different color because i will come in and break your fucking legs with a plastic spoon. i dont care how long it takes! and thats both legs mind you
(source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Contribution Points : 74599

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 6:37 pm

I think Dylan was the one to first see isiah and taunt him as he called Eric over, E might've jumped in but he quickly got frustrated and shot him . Despite what happened, I don't know how far you can trust these two obviously unstable boys
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

your confusion is related to E/D's confusion.

Troubled kids full of hate.. racism wasn't their primary issue.. for or against, but could be showcased at any moment/any direction if it served their purpose.

In the example it appears Eric was projecting his own frustration from being targeted himself.. his point appears to be related to retaliation & expressed anger for "aggressors" or "bullies".

Racism in this case was just a convenient excuse to hide his true feelings behind.

Other times E/D supported Nazi's, Eric let Dylan's Jewish heritage slide, they taunted Isah for being black etc.. all over the board. Whatever served their real purpose @ the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Eeic was a walking contradiction. He would write one thing then turn around and write the opposite. I do agree and think it was Dylan who taunted Isiah for the most part.

ldg1414

ldg1414

Contribution Points : 79074

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 pm

I noticed the same thing. It says a lot. They were constantly grasping at any motive whatsoever to justify the anger that would allow them to go through with it. Dylan did it too, working himself up over little shit that happened when he was a kid. I honestly don't think they had any coherent ideology motivating them, they just wanted to do it, for the thrill, because dylan was sick of life and eric loved violence and destruction.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 2:13 am

Eric contradicts most of the stuff he says/writes and does.

meowitscow

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 am

Yeah, I noticed many contradictions, too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That makes sence, I was thinking about that.

cyn1231

Contribution Points : 73932
Forum Reputation : 10

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 11:15 am

There are several examples of this but most recently I read his note in Kristi epling's yearbook where he says at one point that its okay to judge people because if they dont like it they shouldnt look or act the way they do, then he whines in his journal about everyone picking on him for the way he looks and acts.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74985

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 3:20 pm

I think Eric wrote something about how he hated people who judged other people but then in his rants he judges everybody and hates blacks and gays etc

I'm bet if Eric wasn't bullied he would have been an open minded and accepting person.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 pm

Racism was just another outlet for their anger. They tried their hardest to express hate for everyone as a way to add to their Reb and V characters. I don't honestly believe either boy was a true racist. Racism is just an easy way to show hate, and the N-word itself is one of the nastiest words in existence. Eric claimed to hate racists after all. I just see the racist comments as a way to "pile on the hate" and make themselves look as evil as possible.
Back to top Go down

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 pm

He knew he was contradicting himself. In my opinion, it shows how much hatred he had, especially toward himself. In his journals he even wrote, "Its ok If I am a hypocrite, but no one else." So, take it with a grain of salt?
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 pm

Contradiction is the story of Columbine. If you weren't like Eric, then you weren't a "coolio", and therefore deserved to die. Even Dylans mom said he'd grasp at the smallest things, like him saying family members treated him like a runt, when he'd only see that said family member once when he was little. Heiling Hitler, even though he has a strong Jewish background on his moms said. Like someone said, they'd literally go with whatever was the flavor of that day. Complete hypocrisy, and contradictions.
Back to top Go down
meowitscow

meowitscow

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:25 am

slippy123 wrote:
Contradiction is the story of Columbine. If you weren't like Eric, then you weren't a "coolio", and therefore deserved to die. Even Dylans mom said he'd grasp at the smallest things, like him saying family members treated him like a runt, when he'd only see that said family member once when he was little. Heiling Hitler, even though he has a strong Jewish background on his moms said. Like someone said, they'd literally go with whatever was the flavor of that day. Complete hypocrisy, and contradictions.

That's also immature and childish.

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Eric was the biggest hypocrite, and he knew it. most of the stuff he talked about hating are things he did himself, and he was talking about himself many times. "I know that I hate liars and I am one myself" best example of this.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Forum Reputation : 38

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 2:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hello Charles Whitman! Impressive shooting skills!

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confused
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: