Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
myshame

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:01 pm

The dialogue was poor, but I think the movie was way more fair to the two killers than it had to be. The two actors weren't bad at all.

Sure, blaming video games is dumb, but from the clips I've seen, it only takes up a few seconds of the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Stupid movie making a matyr out of one victim. How much money is that family making from this tragedy. Yeah they have a foundation but for what? What does actually do? And how much money is actually pocketed. For a family that hates the columbine crime they sure keep themselves and their dead daughter in the limelight about it. Also what did she do that was great? We all know the "she said yes" is a lye so what is the need to have a movie honouring her? Columbus is 15 people's stories not just hers. Watched all the Eric and Dylan bits of it on you tube and was so inaccurate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirlarkspur12

PostSubject: Those bastards are already planning a sequel    Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

yes you heard that right im not ashamed 2.0 with a muslim twist! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yet another cough* exploitative cough* film about a teenager that going to be used as a cash cow. i liked im not ashamed it was a decent film hopefully this wont be a carbon copy of the story of the perfect teenager

cicero

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:40 am

I'm not sure how many people with strong opinions on this movie have actually watched it, but I just stumbled on a link to the film. I was honestly surprised that it was not nearly as bad or heavy-handed as many people have made it out to be (at least in my opinion). Obviously, a good deal of any movie on Columbine especially one focusing on the victims would have to be fictionalized in some way due to the risk of lawsuits from people who do not wish to be portrayed. In that sense, it's a bit difficult to tell what events are real/made up unless you have researched extensively about Rachel Scott.

The most glaring falsehoods in the movie: that Rachel was known to/had a class with both Eric & Dylan and they specifically targeted her for her faith. This part I think is what makes the whole religious spin too heavy-handed. (fwiw I am not a believer myself)
Other than that, I think the film did a good job of depicting certain truths-- that Rachel was a young women who struggled with her own inner pain and with being a good person, that she found comfort in her faith (but struggled with that as well). I don't think the film makes her out to be a perfect goody-goody but obviously any film with a victim's family involved is probably going to make the person out to be a bit better than what they actually were, which is what this film does as I think it leaves out some things Rachel did that were not so perfect.

Anyway I hope that made sense?? I just wanted to post my thoughts about the movie as it seems like most of the people around here have very strong negative opinions on it or have not seen it.

Let me know if it's not okay to post this but here is the link I found (idk if the site has posted the movie legally or how to tell):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pansan78

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:51 pm

look a best moments and safe your time

I DON'T BELIVE IN GOD so is kind of annoying

I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2