Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...

Go down 
+7
Draw_It_White
Archvile
ThoughtBox
aquillina
Kida
shades
jp2892
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jp2892

jp2892

Contribution Points : 72360
Forum Reputation : 0

A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Empty
PostSubject: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:35 am

Hello all, this is my first post in this forum!
I've been wondering a lot lately about how Eric and Dylan would have reacted if either of their parents had somehow gotten into the school before it was all over.
If, somehow, Dylan's mom or dad learned of the shooting early enough to get to the school and were allowed inside. (I know this is entirely unrealistic, of course)
What would Eric and Dylan have done, upon facing Dylan's mom/dad face to face in the midst of the "quiet period"? (or vice versa with Eric's parents) I highly doubt they would attempt to hurt them. And in that case, would it have been possible for them to be talked out of finishing the job?
I know this is all purely speculation... But it's fascinating to me nonetheless.
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:21 am

good question. Good hypothetical thought. I was actually thinking the same thing but instead of a parent I wondered had a good friend came in earlier, saw them and shouted their name and told them to stop.
Would they stop?

I think..........they might've stopped. that's all. I wish I could elaborate why on a fantasised scenario but, I just feel they would stop had a parent came in.

Kida

Contribution Points : 73190

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:48 am

Imagine Eric seeing Susan or a girl who rejected him like Brandi in school.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:59 am

I feel like if it were a parent it might be possible to stop them from killing themselves in the end but if it were just someone from school they liked, they would let them go, but would still take their own lives.
A parent might be enough to completely stop the entire massacre that's what I mean.

But hey, reality ain't sentimental like the movies.

Contribution Points : 73398

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 8:16 am

Dylan I think would have had a chance to snap out of his trance-like rage if he saw his parents particularly his mom. Eric I'm not too sure about.

Last edited by aquillina on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 9:25 am

While I think it's possible Eric may have been able to be "talked down," as it were, however improbable, I feel Dylan really was completely set on dying that day. He was downright giddy about it, according to reports, IIRC, he was heard gleefully shouting "Today's the day I'm going to die."

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:11 pm

any body seen that strange Spanish (I think) documentary based on Columbine, it's not in English,but many of the library students and TCM members are in it who were not interviewed in any other documentary. If I can track it down on YouTube i'll post it. Sadly the Spanish narrator talked over all the interviews, but one library student did indeed hear them yell "We're going to die today!" and they also said 'Dylan tried to stop Eric' or something.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:39 pm

...what? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Even Dylan did want to die I'm sure there are certain people he didn't want to die with him. Like when he spared John Savage. Maybe if Robyn Anderson confronted him he would probably have a change of heart. Again this is just pure hypothetical. Someone should have confronted the two boys.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 6:35 am

In the small timeframe Eric and Dylan weren't together inside the school, what do you think would have happened if one of them had seen the others parents?

Say Dylan was in the cafeteria and Eric was in the hallway and Susan had come in the school to try and stop them. Would Eric have blown her away as to not distract Dylan and just not said anything to him?
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 8:24 am

E&D would have shot randomly in order to scare them. I cant see Eric shooting his dad or Dylan his father. As for Susan I'm 50/50. Now I remember that Chris Morris arrived at school to try to stop them. What if he had got in not long after E&D did ?
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 9:52 am

people think E+D are real 'natural born killers' and like 'mindless killing machines' that day, but it's not true or the kill count would have been higher. There's little things that I think would have snapped them out of it, i'm thinking of very unlikely circumstances, like say the creators of Doom were at the school that day to do a game design speech and a workshop for people who want to pursue that as a career and were in the halls setting up a table with posters of the game and sign up form for people who want to partake in the course. Or if one of the teachers was related to Woody Harrelson and bought him to talk to the class as surprise and Eric and Dylan either saw them while they were taking the bombs in or after they had already killed the people outside, would something like that have stopped them in their tracks?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 10:56 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
In the small timeframe Eric and Dylan weren't together inside the school, what do you think would have happened if one of them had seen the others parents?

Say Dylan was in the cafeteria and Eric was in the hallway and Susan had come in the school to try and stop them. Would Eric have blown her away as to not distract Dylan and just not said anything to him?

Susan comes in, Eric says "get out of here", Susan asks him what the hell are you doing/why are you doing this, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says, he would've shot randomly to scare her and tell her to leave so she leaves. Might've been the same if it were a close friend that's what I think.

If it were their own parents or the others' parents as I said, They might stop. But if they were determined to kill and so as themselves, blind shots just to get them to leave.

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 10:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hhahahahah aw....creators of Doom? Woody Harrelson relation? mmmmmmh.....eehhhh......lemme think......Maybe?

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 3:06 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Susan comes in, Eric says "get out of here", Susan asks him what the hell are you doing/why are you doing this, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says, he would've shot randomly to scare her and tell her to leave so she leaves. Might've been the same if it were a close friend that's what I think.

If it were their own parents or the others' parents as I said, They might stop. But if they were determined to kill and so as themselves, blind shots just to get them to leave.

What if say someone like Robyn Anderson were to say if you're gonna shoot anyone else then shoot me first, would they do it? What if their parents said to shoot them first? Hmm....I doubt they'd have the guts to do so.

Kida

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 3:48 pm

I dont think Robin would have been that stupid. Haha
As for their parents....maybe they would have stopped and boom, suicide. in my opinion being dead is better than being alive in jail...for life.
What if they shot each others parents? Eric shooting Tom or Dylan shooting Wayne.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 5:17 pm

They will definitely not shoot one another's parents. I don't think they will. If it came down to a situation like that, they would've shot themselves first as much as it sucks for 'em to end NBK early. Plus, at that time they were under the impression bombs would go off so, they would've told them it didn't matter, the whole school is gonna blow up, get the hell out of here.

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74201
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 6:29 pm

I feel Eric would have maybe threatened to shoot them or commit suicide if they tried to stop him, just to warn them away. And I could see him crying through the threats if it was one of his own parents. I think he would have been ashamed.

With Dylan I can imagine him arguing with his own parents if they tried to intervene. Giving them the "its my life" speech, similar to what he supposedly says in the basement tapes. Did't he blame them for why he was so 'full of rage'? Not sure if he would have been affected by Eric's parents. Most likely would have just warned them away also.

I'm torn between whether They could have been talked down by their parents or if they would have killed themselves right then. They were already at the point of no return by the time they entered the building. I also don't believe either would have shot the other's or their own parents.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:00 pm

my imagination of this possible prevention is someone or a couple of people last minute coming up to them hard, taking them down, sitting on them and grabbing the gun away.
it's always in my head that this happens before they shoot themselves so they get taken out alive.

Kida

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:46 pm

If they were alive, in jail, Columbine wouldn't have been what it is today. We would know pretty much all the answers and then move on. No
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Do you think they would care if their parents committed suicide along with them?

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 4:39 am

@acquillina no.

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:28 am

Thought so

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 9:32 pm

By the time they went into school that day E &D were in an altered mental state.You probably have to be to go through with doing such a thing.Seeing their parents would have snapped them back to reality but I don't think they would have allowed themselves to be talked into giving up.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80572

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:44 am

my bet's on this

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
By the time they went into school that day E &D were in an altered mental state.You probably have to be to go through with doing such a thing.Seeing their parents would have snapped them back to reality but I don't think they would have allowed themselves to be talked into giving up.

- Yup good way to put it. I know I ain't letting a loved one let alone a parent snap me back to reality if I were already in an altered state doing damage or doing whatsoever.

shades

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hahahhha. yeah that's what I said Susan might've shouted too.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 am

I had been kinda avoiding this thread because I wasn't sure of my answer.

There were a few people that thought they could have stopped them that day. I don't know if any could have.

But if their parents showed up before anyone was shot possibly they could have stopped it. And then again maybe after they lost heart after the library and when they were in the commons perhaps. But I am not sure a friend could have.....I don't think they would have shot a friend but I don't know that they could have stopped anything.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...   A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A hypothetical scenario that fascinates me...
Page 1 of 1