Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Empty
PostSubject: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 8:54 am

Is anyone else obsessed with this case?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's nothing heinous (comparatively) about the murder. The whole thing revolves around shady police work, only one eyewitness who has changed his story at least 7 times and Syed's trial lawyer being inept. He's been in prison 17 years now. The Innocence Project has also committed their efforts to this.

Just last week, on a rare PCA, the judge vacated his sentence due to inaffective assistance of counsel.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79961
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 am

I used to catch up with this case and podcasts covering it. Then, I stopped. I think the root of the failure of solving the crime is as you mentioned, shady police work.

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 am

I believe those close to him have speculated that should he would be offered an Alford plea, he would take it. I'm like NO NO NO!! I truly think if he went back to trial he would be found innocent. But I'm not the one who has rotted in prison for 17 years, so I guess we'll see. So much of that case doesn't add up.

I think Don, the new boyfriend, required further investigation, especially after learning his mother had falsified a time card for that day to give him an alibi.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:09 am

Tomb wrote:
I believe those close to him have speculated that should he would be offered an Alford plea, he would take it. I'm like NO NO NO!! I truly think if he went back to trial he would be found innocent. But I'm not the one who has rotted in prison for 17 years, so I guess we'll see. So much of that case doesn't add up.

I think Don, the new boyfriend, required further investigation, especially after learning his mother had falsified a time card for that day to give him an alibi.

If he wants his freedom but go down as the WM3 did, I can't blame him for taking it. And while he is out perhaps he could work with the people who have been trying to get his story out and offer as much as he could to clear his name. I actually don't think he would be found innocent on trial.

And now that I'm talking about this I don't actually know if I think he is innocent or not. it's literally a case where I have no clue, my instincts don't tell me anything and I'm on the fence.

Ditto on Don.

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:28 am

I think the publicity surrounding the case would definitely influence the trial outcome. The only evidence against him is Jay Wilds, whose testimony has changed numerous times. The cell phone records were debunked by the fax cover sheet which stated towers pinged during incoming calls are not reliable for location of the subscriber, thus casting doubt on the 7 pm burial time. The defense in the original trial either didn't have it or read it.

Interestingly, the judge in his ruling has prevented the State from changing their timeline of when Lee died. So it seems Adnan has an alibi from Asia McClain and another girl who saw him at the guidance counselor's office during the State's timeline of death.

And I'm sure much of the evidence has been destroyed by now, so that could play a role.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 am

Are they still making podcasts on him till this day? My bad I clocked out on this case quite awhile back already :S

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:24 am

I think they do updates occasionally. The vacated sentence was covered extensively. Unfortunately, I didn't get into this until the last few months. There's several spin offs of the original Serial podcast, Undisclosed and Truth & Justice are the most prominent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast   Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adnan Syed: Serial Podcast
Page 1 of 1