Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter

Go down 
+7
sororityalpha
Juicy Jazzy
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
Jenn
_CannibaLCorpsE_
TheSpiral
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74864
Forum Reputation : 63

Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Empty
PostSubject: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:07 am

After the CVA uploaded the video showing Eric and Dylan planting bombs in the caffeteria at 10:59 and 11:00, I came up with a timeline:

Circa 10:45- Eric and Dylan arrive at Columbine
10:59- Eric leaves one bomb in the commons concealed in a blue bag
11:00- Dylan leaves the other bomb in the commons concealed in an orange bag
Circa 11:02- They drive off to Clement Park and gear up
Circa 11:12- They arrive back at Columbine, and Brooks talks to Eric
Circa 11:14- Brooks leaves
11:19- It begins

So according to this, Brooks saw Eric the second time he pulled up in the parking lot (by which time , the bombs were already ticking). So how did he see Eric unload the blue bag from his car? It wasnt in his car. Unless he saw Eric the first time, but then after almost half an hour, he would have already been home before the shooting started. It didn't happen, at least not the way he says.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
_CannibaLCorpsE_

_CannibaLCorpsE_

Contribution Points : 66233
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 am

Yeah, I'm starting not to believe him. He's still an okay guy though, and a good insight to Columbine.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 7:27 am

Because Dylan and Eric had other duffel bags with them besides the ones that held the Cafeteria bombs. How do you think they carried around those 99 pipe bombs, Molotov's and all the other stuff they were lighting on fire? They were in the other bags they were carrying around.

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 am

No doubt about it. But it's still rather suspicious that they had two of the same lightblue dufflebags. The only other bags they seem to carry are the two straps and black backpacks.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 am

At least one witness confirmed Brooks talking with Eric minutes prior to the massacre:

11k-report
p1201-1300
page 55

Stephanie stated that she was out at the "smoking pit" at 11:15-11:20 AM and that she had started to walk to the cafeteria when she heard an explosion, but didn't think anything of it because she thought it was a senior prank. Stephanie then stated that she saw Eric Harris at the top of the stairs talking to Brooks Brown. I asked Stephanie what Eric was wearing and she stated that he was in his black trench coat and black pants. I asked Stephanie what happened next and she replied Brooks went down the stairs and Eric pulled out a "BIG" gun and started shooting into the main hall doors. I asked Stephanie if she was sure that she had seen Brooks Brown and not someone else and she stated that she was sure. I asked Stephanie what happened next and she stated that she was very scared and started running toward Clement Park, then once she got there she went home.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 am

That makes it even more confusing.
Didn't Brooks say he talked to Eric right by his car and see him unload the duffle bags. He also didn't say anything about a trench coat, just the t shirt and pants. You think he would have mentioned the coat, because unlike Dylan, Eric didn't wear it to school. One of these people is lying, but I think both of them are.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think Brooks is a liar and an attention seeker who used Columbine to get attention from fans. However, the timeline adds up for Brooks to have seen Eric the 2nd time Eric pulled up to Columbine. And if Brooks didn't see or talk to Eric, how would he have known to tell the police that he thought it was his friend doing the shooting?

Didn't Brooks call 911 and say he knew who the shooter was and how he "thought" Eric was his friend? And witnesses did say they saw Brooks walking down the street just prior to the shooting. So if this girl claims she saw Brooks start walking down the stairs as Eric pulled out a gun and started shooting down the west entrance, how the hell did these other people see Brooks walking down the street? I think this girl got Dylan confused with Brooks. She probably saw Brooks talking to Eric and then looked away for a few minutes and when she looked back up the staircase she saw Dylan and Eric because at one point Eric was shooting and Dylan did run down the stairs to go check the Cafeteria and then he ran back up the stairs and that's when he and Eric went inside.

I used to think that Brooks was lying about talking to Eric but now that I know Dylan and Eric set the bombs up 10 minutes earlier and that they came back to Columbine just as that class was getting out, I believe that Brooks did see and talk to him the 2nd time Eric got to the school. If Brooks hadn't seen and talked to Eric and was just walking down the street and heard a gun go off, why would he start panicking and think "Oh my God, Eric is shooting up the school"? He wouldn't. He knew because he was there and talked to him.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Jenn wrote:

I used to think that Brooks was lying about talking to Eric but now that I know Dylan and Eric set the bombs up 10 minutes earlier and that they came back to Columbine just as that class was getting out, I believe that Brooks did see and talk to him the 2nd time Eric got to the school. If Brooks hadn't seen and talked to Eric and was just walking down the street and heard a gun go off, why would he start panicking and think "Oh my God, Eric is shooting up the school"? He wouldn't. He knew because he was there and talked to him.

Most probably. Unless of course he already knew there was going to be a shooting at some point...

Edit to add - I don't believe that's the case myself re. Brooks already knowing. If he knew the full plan then I seriously doubt he'd have been anywhere near a building which he thought was going to blow up in 10 minutes time. I guess he could have been told a rough plan eg he knew there would be a shooting at some point and that's when he knew it was Eric and Dylan. I don't believe that either though.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Most probably. Unless of course he already knew there was going to be a shooting at some point...

Edit to add - I don't believe that's the case myself re. Brooks already knowing. If he knew the full plan then I seriously doubt he'd have been anywhere near a building which he thought was going to blow up in 10 minutes time. I guess he could have been told a rough plan eg he knew there would be a shooting at some point and that's when he knew it was Eric and Dylan. I don't believe that either though.
Yep, that would be the only other thing that could have happened - Brooks knew about it beforehand. Brooks knew it was Eric when he called 911 so either he did talk to him or he knew it was going to happen. I don't think Brooks knew though. Up until a few months before the shooting he and Eric hated each other. And we already know Brooks lied about Dylan giving him Eric's website and it was actually Brooks' brother, Aaron who found it.

So no, I don't think they would have told Brooks. Chris or Nate, maybe? And Dylan may have warned Zack but not Brooks. The most logical explanation that fits the timeline is Brooks got out of class at 11:10, got his stuff together, walked outside to have his cigarette, saw Eric pull up right around 11:12 - 11:15, talked to him for a minute or so and then started walking home.

I don't think Eric "spared" Brooks his life or Brooks got out of being shot. I don't know why so many people dwell on that. It was obvious that Eric wasn't going to shoot anyone until after their bombs went off. Why would Eric screw the whole thing up just to shoot this one guy at 11:15 when the bombs still had at least 3 minutes or so to go? It makes no sense. And besides, I don't even think Eric wanted to shoot or kill Brooks. They did make peace a few months or so beforehand.

And Eric's one of those types of people who wanted friends and wanted to be liked. He'd be the type of guy whose wife would cheat on him and he'd deal with it because he doesn't wanna be alone. Or he'd have friends who would backstab him and he'd still be nice and try to be their friend. He was like that because he had no self confidence and low self esteem and he just wanted people to like him. He even says in his journal how he wanted to hang out with people he knew were making fun of him. I don't know, this is a whole other topic and now I'm getting sidetracked. Anyway, my point was that when Brooks wanted a truce, Eric quickly agreed to it because like I said, he wanted friends and wanted people to like him.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Brooks saw a glimpse of the guns and made a run for it I reckon. Maybe Eric even threatened him. I don't believe his story at all. He's a known liar.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:13 pm

More information here about Brooks:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 am

TheSpiral wrote:
That makes it even more confusing.
Didn't Brooks say he talked to Eric right by his car and see him unload the duffle bags. He also didn't say anything about a trench coat, just the t shirt and pants. You think he would have mentioned the coat, because unlike Dylan, Eric didn't wear it to school. One of these people is lying, but I think both of them are.

He didn't usually wear it to school but sometimes he did. And he did so when he did videos as well. So it wasn't completely out of the ordinary for him to wear it. The only clothing item Brooks did mention was the hat. Eric was not wearing his hat. And that was completely out of the ordinary. He always wore his hat. But on that day he did not.

runreilly

runreilly

Contribution Points : 66504

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 11:56 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Brooks saw a glimpse of the guns and made a run for it I reckon. Maybe Eric even threatened him.

Totally possible. We'll probably never know.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 pm

TheSpiral wrote:
No doubt about it. But it's still rather suspicious that they had two of the same lightblue dufflebags. The only other bags they seem to carry are the two straps and black backpacks.

Not at all. They probably bought them at the same time.

This is no hole in Brooks's story.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Of course Brooks is not lying about seeing Eric.

How else would Brooks have known where Eric was parked, what Eric was wearing, what Eric was carrying?

Brooks reported all this information to bystanders and police within minutes of the first shots and none of it was publicly available at the time. And every detail was 100% accurate.
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 67353

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 6:25 am

Jenn wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Yep, that would be the only other thing that could have happened - Brooks knew about it beforehand. Brooks knew it was Eric when he called 911 so either he did talk to him or he knew it was going to happen. I don't think Brooks knew though. Up until a few months before the shooting he and Eric hated each other. And we already know Brooks lied about Dylan giving him Eric's website and it was actually Brooks' brother, Aaron who found it.

So no, I don't think they would have told Brooks. Chris or Nate, maybe? And Dylan may have warned Zack but not Brooks. The most logical explanation that fits the timeline is Brooks got out of class at 11:10, got his stuff together, walked outside to have his cigarette, saw Eric pull up right around 11:12 - 11:15, talked to him for a minute or so and then started walking home.

I don't think Eric "spared" Brooks his life or Brooks got out of being shot. I don't know why so many people dwell on that. It was obvious that Eric wasn't going to shoot anyone until after their bombs went off. Why would Eric screw the whole thing up just to shoot this one guy at 11:15 when the bombs still had at least 3 minutes or so to go? It makes no sense. And besides, I don't even think Eric wanted to shoot or kill Brooks. They did make peace a few months or so beforehand.

And Eric's one of those types of people who wanted friends and wanted to be liked. He'd be the type of guy whose wife would cheat on him and he'd deal with it because he doesn't wanna be alone. Or he'd have friends who would backstab him and he'd still be nice and try to be their friend. He was like that because he had no self confidence and low self esteem and he just wanted people to like him. He even says in his journal how he wanted to hang out with people he knew were making fun of him. I don't know, this is a whole other topic and now I'm getting sidetracked. Anyway, my point was that when Brooks wanted a truce, Eric quickly agreed to it because like I said, he wanted friends and wanted people to like him.
I always saw it as one of two ways. One, which was what you said (waiting for the bombs to go off), or two, they wanted a few people who knew them well enough to survive and tell the world about them. Assuming that first theory is right, I still standby if Brooks walked out a few minutes later he would've been fair game. Eric said in his journal there were people he didn't want to die...but I think he just left it up to fate. They wanted to kill as many people as possible; someone they cared about would've definitely been blown away if those bombs went off. Obviously when the bombs failed the whole plan was foiled. So obviously people like John Savage got let go. It was then up to them who would live and die. Not to get sidetracked too much but it still shocks me how many people were spared; how many times they walked past classrooms and making eye contact with students, but not even attempting to kill them. They had the ammunition to kill plenty more...unless that was before going back to the cafeteria in a last ditch effort to detonate the bombs. I guess the mental drain of the whole thing just made killing people less and less fun as time progressed.

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Still not buying most of this. Brooks talked to Eric sure. But some datils are still a needle in my eye. It didn't go down the way he said.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter   Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another hole in the Brooks-Eric encounter
Page 1 of 1