Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Dylan's mystery love?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm currently reading Sue Klebold 's book. In a section wherein she discusses the girl Dylan loved from afar, she pulls this quote from his journal:“Soon…. either ill commit suicide, or I’ll get w. [redacted girl’s name] & it will be NBK for us.” (From page 171 of the Kindle version of her book.)

w.? Does anyone know of of a girl in his class whose name that could match up with that initial?

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Also, I meant for this to be in the "thoughts on the shooting" topic, not documents.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:41 pm

He liked a few girls but since I only focus on the acrostic I prefer to identify only that girl, which, in my opinion, is Katherine Trojan (my suspicion would be her nickname might be Erin , which would fit almost all the letters in the poem) who I found worked in the theater department and spoke to Dylan very little.

For some reason she seems to fit very well : acrostic , looks, environment. He could've watched her from afar. I'm pretty convinced it is her but who knows. I hope we find out one day honestly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:53 pm

I guess I'm shocked that Sue left the initial "W" in and only redacted the rest of the girl's name. Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I read elsewhere on this board that there were multiple crushes.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 pm

From Sue's book:

The same thing appears to be true for suicide, and he turns to Eric for help: “Soon….either ill commit suicide, or I’ll get w. [redacted girl’s name] & it will be NBK for us.” Dylan appears to have “needed” Eric’s homicidal plan in order to be able to do what he most wanted to do: die by suicide. Dr. Joiner suggested to me that planning with Eric for the rampage may have been part of the way Dylan rehearsed his own death. The preparations helped him to desensitize himself.

That part from Dylan was written on Monday February 2 1998.

Katharine Trojan (Grade 11) knew Dylan from school plays and had informal conversations with him. She also hung out with Zach Heckler after school etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:02 pm

The w. means 'with'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Embarassed @sorority. You're right. Omg. So embarrassed. i wish I could delete the post, since my 'facts' were flawed, but since it has replies already, I guess it's out there forever.

Last edited by Rose The Hat on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Just my opinion, but Katherine isn't as cute as Robyn. Personality is important to chemistry, though.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:36 pm

I always choose to believe it's Marla Foust as she is hot hot meat on a sizzling pan.

That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they are in each other's arms
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well, enough said

Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I always choose to believe it's Marla Foust as she is hot hot meat on a sizzling pan.

I googled her. She is a cutie.

In the blacked out names in the above journal entry, it seems like one of the letter in the name has a tail that drops below the line...like a y or a p or a j. Just looking at Dylan's penmanship and handwriting style...could just be commas, though.

Also, after the journals were published, I wonder how many girls in Dylan's class who read the journals wondered if they were the mystery girl. That would be a strange feeling.

Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:09 pm

In the blacked out names in the above journal entry, it seems like one of the letter in the name has a tail that drops below the line...like a y or a p or a j. Just looking at Dylan's penmanship and handwriting style...could just be commas, though.

Also, after the journals were published, I wonder how many girls in Dylan's class who read the journals wondered if they were the mystery girl. That would be a strange feeling.
I think it's just a comma. Because if you look later in the writing he uses the & symbol again and right before it he uses a comma.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mystery love?   Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

I think it's just a comma. Because if you look later in the writing he uses the & symbol again and right before it he uses a comma.

Agreed. I know you guys have discussed this topic into the ground. I guess it will always remain a mystery.

Dylan's mystery love?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1