Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?

Go down 
+15
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
silentprocess
AestheticDeath
goodbyeversailles
InsaneIntruder
Sabratha
Glamazon
Ainjel
lasttrain
Jenn
Jbow89
sororityalpha
myshame
Therewereonlyvictims
19 posters
AuthorMessage
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62059
Forum Reputation : 0

What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I understand that. Just saying. Over half of our school had guns in their car, would have been a very short shooting. They may not have even made it in the school.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Dylan is a good foot and a half taller than I am. 2 guys who have 2 guns AND bombs. I couldn't fathom trying to jump them.

I think if someone tried to jump them they'd get shot and that's that. It seemed like the only thing to do was try to talk to them on some level. If you treated them like a human being, even Dylan who snapped his tether at that point.  

I think this might be giving them too much credit. Yes they had guns but they both were jumpy and uncoordinated. Neither knew their way around guns very much and I think hypothetically speaking if enough kids tackled them at the same time they would have gone down quite easily.

That would require much more coordination from the victims than possible though imho

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

I imagine you'd have to find a group of kids who were in a state of mind to work together to attack them as well. If one person tried they'd probably get shot I assume. If 4 or 5 did... maybe?

They'd end up getting arrested and it would be a very different story.

Maybe I'd surprise myself but if I was in the library that day I'd probably piss myself and play dead. I'd be terrified. I wouldn't think to try to restrain them.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60889
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 7:10 pm

I think the closest that happened to anyone restraining E&D was Daniel Mauser throwing a chair at Eric so it's not too bold of me to assume that if anyone else tried to stop either Eric or Dylan they would have been killed.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 7:56 pm

probably as many say they have a collapse when they are detained, I think they would not bear it, the objective of the two of them was to end everything right there, and it would have been ruined.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65860
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 12:09 am

Therewereonlyvictims wrote:
What if some hero snuck up from behind and disarmed Eric and took him to the ground and then Dylan, completely rattled, got bumrushed and also taken to the ground? Do you think because of all the fear and anger they caused that the students would have killed them or would they have just given them a serious beatdown like how the Thurston shooter got turned into a punching bag?

How would the shooters would have responded if they'd been restrained and taken into custody? I feel that Eric would have had a complete breakdown because he was clearly deathly afraid of being taken alive.

I actually wrote an entirely fictional story about this on the website Archive Of Our Own, I think if they had been physically taken down, disarmed, arrested, tried and imprisoned, Dylan would go emotionally nuts and try to kill himself behind bars and Eric would just grow deeper into rage and anger.
Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35567
Forum Reputation : 244

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 7:32 am

42099_4EVA wrote:
Therewereonlyvictims wrote:
What if some hero snuck up from behind and disarmed Eric and took him to the ground and then Dylan, completely rattled, got bumrushed and also taken to the ground? Do you think because of all the fear and anger they caused that the students would have killed them or would they have just given them a serious beatdown like how the Thurston shooter got turned into a punching bag?

How would the shooters would have responded if they'd been restrained and taken into custody? I feel that Eric would have had a complete breakdown because he was clearly deathly afraid of being taken alive.

I actually wrote an entirely fictional story about this on the website Archive Of Our Own, I think if they had been physically taken down, disarmed, arrested, tried and imprisoned, Dylan would go emotionally nuts and try to kill himself behind bars and Eric would just grow deeper into rage and anger.

I think Eric would do himself in too

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 3:09 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
If they couldn't use their guns or bombs I think they would try to use their knives.

Probably the reason they had knives was that, if all else failed, they could use them.

Yeah, their whole point in the video games they are copying is for when you're out of ammo.

Also, keep in mind this is basically saying "What if what happened to Kip Kinkel happened to them", which is exactly why they had bombs in the cafeteria and didn't run in there shooting.

42099_4EVA and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?   What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think would have happened if someone restrained them?
Page 1 of 1