Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

good slasher movies ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 12707

PostSubject: good slasher movies ?   Thu May 04, 2017 3:11 pm

I like Halloween the rob zombie one.
And the scream films.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 12702

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Black Christmas (1974)

View user profile
froggy

Contribution Points : 15240

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 am

LOVE the Scream films! So good.

Other than the really well-known film series, like Child's Play, Halloween, etc., I've found quite a few gems from the 80s - some which are satirical, clever, or just downright creepy..

Curtains (1983)
My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Happy Birthday to Me (1981)
Terror Train (1980)
Sleepaway Camp (1983)
Student Bodies (1981)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

There are also a few from the 90s (other than the Scream series) that I love:

Urban Legend (1998)
I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
Candyman (1992)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
froggy

Contribution Points : 15240

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Black Christmas (1974)

One of the few horror films that actually scared me, haha. Excellent film!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri May 05, 2017 9:29 am

Urban legend was good like
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

Contribution Points : 14937

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat May 06, 2017 3:11 pm

1.Death Screams,
2.Berserker,
3. Deadly Dreams,
4. Fatal Games,
5. Night School,
6. Savage Weekend,
7. Girls Nite Out,
8. Strange Behavior,
9. Blood Rage,
10. The Final Terror,

my top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aperfectchildofsatan

Contribution Points : 8168

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Redacted

Last edited by aperfectchildofsatan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 60460

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 am

Friday the 13th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 9204

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't know if it would count as a slasher but i think it partly does, The film is Brainscan (1994)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aperfectchildofsatan

Contribution Points : 8168

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:04 am

Redacted

Last edited by aperfectchildofsatan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Doom Asylum I saw that one few days ago its great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't know if it would count as a slasher but i think it partly does, The film is Brainscan (1994)

Not really a great film but good 90's cheese.

View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:12 pm

anyone seen final exam 1981? It is slasher movie that features a kid who is obsessed with Charles Whitman and stages a fake school shooting on campus. You can tell it is before Columbine because the student is telling the teacher how much he admires Whitman and the students brush off the shooting act as just a joke and nothing serious.

Scene where nerd brags about being a fan of Whitman:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

School Shooting scene:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 am

Speaking of school related films i watched "Massacre at Central High" not long ago. Its about a kid who kills a group of bullies who were controlling the school. This creates a power vacuum where everybody is trying to fill the void of being the ones who run the school. He ends up killing those who try to take advantage. Pretty interesting low budget film. More of a social commentary than a slasher though.

View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 16219

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:20 pm

A Nightmare on Elm Street is my favorite.

View user profile
04daviszoe

Contribution Points : 25733

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm

1980s "Maniac". I noticed you once referenced that Killer Klowns from Outer Space was one of Adam Lanza's favourite movies. Another he mentioned was a fucking great film called "Don't go in the House" and it's amazing! Probably the best horror film I watched in 2017.

Pretty sure the unedited version is on YouTube. HQ too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:27 pm

1980s "Maniac". I noticed you once referenced that Killer Klowns from Outer Space was one of Adam Lanza's favourite movies. Another he mentioned was a fucking great film called "Don't go in the House" and it's amazing! Probably the best horror film I watched in 2017.

Pretty sure the unedited version is on YouTube. HQ too.

Killer klowns is awesome, ill have too check that one out tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:29 am

a good follow up to Maniac would be The Last Horror Film (1982). It is a comedy spoof starring the same two cast in Maniac (Spinell and Munro)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:47 am

a good follow up to Maniac would be The Last Horror Film (1982). It is a comedy spoof starring the same two cast in Maniac (Spinell and Munro)

Ha! about 2 days ago I added The Last Horror Film to my watchlist lol!

Has anyone seen Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? I've wanted to watch that for a while..

I watched 21st Century Serial Killer on Monday- that beat my expectations lol, I especially liked the ending. Didn't realise it was a horror comedy though..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 14588

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Has anyone seen Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? I've wanted to watch that for a while..
Yeah I've seen it. It's not really what I'd call a "slasher movie" though; Most of the movie doesn't focus on the killings that the titular Henry commits, and when it does focus on the kills they comes across as disturbing rather than exciting.

We weren't in My Lai to kill human beings, really. We were there to kill an ideology that is carried by - I don't know - pawns, blobs, pieces of flesh. I was there to destroy an intangible idea. To destroy communism. Killing those men in My Lai didn't haunt me.
- Lt. William Calley

The time for dialogue is over. We gave peace a chance. The time for armed resistance has come.
- Anders Behring Brevik

One thing that I am sure of, and which I can answer truthfully, is that whatever the contingencies that may arise here, wherever I am there will be no Communism.
- Francisco Franco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cobra6

Contribution Points : 7848

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:07 pm

"Wrong Turn" movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 33303

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

AM I the only one who has been burned out with slasher movies? scratch Or really just horror films in general? I mean there is ONLY so many different ways to kill someone. Its pretty much the same things over and over and over... Rolling Eyes

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 pm

AM I the only one who has been burned out with slasher movies?  scratch Or really just horror films in general? I mean there is ONLY so many different ways to kill someone. Its pretty much the same things over and over and over... Rolling Eyes

Agreed. Much prefer a *different* weapon of choice, rather than a boring old knife, or gun.

Don't go in the house- flamethrower
Carrie- telekinesis
Peeping Tom- knife on a camera tripod
Texas chainsaw massacre- uh, chainsaw.
Driller Killer- uh, drill.

The child's play/Chucky franchise got pretty creative with their kills too.

Ect..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

AM I the only one who has been burned out with slasher movies?  scratch Or really just horror films in general? I mean there is ONLY so many different ways to kill someone. Its pretty much the same things over and over and over... Rolling Eyes

Agreed. Much prefer a *different* weapon of choice, rather than a boring old knife, or gun.

Carrie- telekinesis

Ect..

I'm more of the old school Bruce Campbell Evil Dead type of girl myself. Smile  Also the original Carrie was the best. All the modern remakes were AWFUL! Evil or Very Mad

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Carrie- telekinesis

Ect..

I'm more of the old school Bruce Campbell Evil Dead type of girl myself. Smile  Also the original Carrie was the best. All the modern remakes were AWFUL! Evil or Very Mad

Oh man, I would never put myself through watching the Carrie remake! My ex boyfriends twin brother invited me to watch it with him, but was soon put off after about ten minutes of me ranting and raging about destroying classic films. I don't see the point? I wasn't a huge fan of the original "IT" but I still won't watch te remake Laughing I'll stick to the novel thanks..

Also, Carrie was literally my favourite film during school. I always had the book checked out in school, the librarian asked me if I would be attending prom because if I was, she wouldn't go. (I did end up going, obviously nothing happened). Oh how I wish she could see me now. Less than a year later I would be more interested in real life school violence. I'm pretty sure it was Stephen Kings novel "Rage" that helped me persue said interests lol.

Sorry, weird reply! I love Sissy Spacek though, although I much prefer her in "Badlands". Such a great & artsy film. Martin Sheen was pretty dreamy in that too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Also, Carrie was literally my favourite film during school. I always had the book checked out in school, the librarian asked me if I would be attending prom because if I was, she wouldn't go. (I did end up going, obviously nothing happened). Oh how I wish she could see me now. Less than a year later I would be more interested in real life school violence. I'm pretty sure it was Stephen Kings novel "Rage" that helped me persue said interests lol.

Sorry, weird reply! I love Sissy Spacek though, although I much prefer her in "Badlands". Such a great & artsy film. Martin Sheen was pretty dreamy in that too. Smile

Not at all weird.Shocked Suspect Smile  An even if it was, this is the place for it. We are all a little strange Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 16219

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Carrie- telekinesis

Ect..

How about Hostel and Saw?

View user profile
04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 am

Carrie- telekinesis

Ect..

How about Hostel and Saw?

Imagine trying to remember every trap in the Saw franchise lol! isn't there like seven or eight now?!

I've never seen Hostel Embarassed Eli Roth must have a lengthy legacy now. My favourite has to be Knock Knock. That film was hilarious.

Also forgot to mention the Final Destination movies! Weapon being, uh, death!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

Contribution Points : 54228

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 am

I love the Saw movies. Unfortunately though, my boyfriend gave up watching them after Saw 5 and my sister gave up watching them after Saw 7. So I watched Saw 8 on my own. I'm glad I did watch it on my own though, because had either of them watched it with me, they'd still be telling me how awful it was, lol.

I'm not sure which one worse? "Saw 8" aka "Jigsaw" or "The Cult of Chucky"? My sister did like "Cult of Chucky" though. I don't see how she liked it so much though as I thought it was terrible. I still haven't gotten around to watching the new "IT" yet. My boyfriend and I had made plans to watch a few different times and never have yet. If I don't get on it soon, the new one will be out before I get a chance to watch the first one.

04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: good slasher movies ?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 am

I love the Saw movies. Unfortunately though, my boyfriend gave up watching them after Saw 5 and my sister gave up watching them after Saw 7. So I watched Saw 8 on my own. I'm glad I did watch it on my own though, because had either of them watched it with me, they'd still be telling me how awful it was, lol.

I'm not sure which one worse? "Saw 8" aka "Jigsaw" or "The Cult of Chucky"? My sister did like "Cult of Chucky" though. I don't see how she liked it so much though as I thought it was terrible. I still haven't gotten around to watching the new "IT" yet. My boyfriend and I had made plans to watch a few different times and never have yet. If I don't get on it soon, the new one will be out before I get a chance to watch the first one.

I think I've seen up to Saw 4? So your boyfriend did better than me. I feel like there are too many plot twists just to keep the story relevant. Like, didn't jigsaw die in the second or third? Now he has all these minions trying to carry on his legacy? Lol. They're okay movies, just can't seem to keep up with all the twists. My sister went on the Saw roller coaster a few years back. Fearless motherfucker. Wish I had gone.

At least the Chucky franchise did become a parody of itself for a few years. I've only seen up to The Curse of Chucky a few halloweens back, fell asleep before it ended. I'll try and watch it again at some point because I wanna watch The Cult of Chucky :p

Plus Jennifer Tilly is great in those films Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

good slasher movies ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next