Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Dylan Essay Theory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
allen27

PostSubject: Dylan Essay Theory    Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Do you think Dylan wrote the essay in an attempt of being suspended or had some kind of sanction thus unavailable for 4/20? I say this because maybe he wanted out (out of the shooting) but without telling Eric directly. He, to me, was more focused on suicide, not homicide. I really think he wanted out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrwilliams

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you think Dylan wrote the essay in an attempt of being suspended or had some kind of sanction thus unavailable for 4/20? I say this because maybe he wanted out (out of the shooting) but without telling Eric directly. He, to me, was more focused on suicide, not homicide. I really think he wanted out.

No, I think he was just very mentally unstable. He had too much fun in the library. He WANTED to do it. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgelord

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:54 am

I could see him forcing a persoha in the library, as a sort of coping mechanism with what was to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicolonoscopy

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Although this is plausible, I think if he actually wanted to remove himself from the situation he would have found a way to do so. In the end, it seems like he wanted to do it just as much as Eric did. He enjoyed it.

TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

I think he wrote it because he was excited.
Although I don't think that either of the boys were enjoying themselves that day, at least not as much as people think.
A lot of people interpret Dylan's laughing and shouting as a sign that he was having the best time of life.
But I think it's a coping mechanism like edgelord put it, to convince himself that he was having fun.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Although this is plausible, I think if he actually wanted to remove himself from the situation he would have found a way to do so. In the end, it seems like he wanted to do it just as much as Eric did. He enjoyed it.

I agree with you on this. Although, I remember a part in Sue Klebold's book where she suggests that there was a time Dylan tried to distance himself from Eric (I think after the van incident in January of 1998). She referenced an instance where Dylan was actually scared to tell Eric he didn't want to hang out, so he made up the excuse that his parents wouldn't let him. It never stood out to her until after the massacre.

Regardless of that, Dylan could have committed suicide before 4-20-99. There is a reason he did not. I think he was too wrapped up in NBK at that point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_CannibaLCorpsE_

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I think if he wanted out he would have just committed suicide.

Dylan Essay Theory
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1