Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan Essay Theory

Go down 
+2
edgelord
starrwilliams
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan Essay Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Do you think Dylan wrote the essay in an attempt of being suspended or had some kind of sanction thus unavailable for 4/20? I say this because maybe he wanted out (out of the shooting) but without telling Eric directly. He, to me, was more focused on suicide, not homicide. I really think he wanted out.
Back to top Go down
starrwilliams

starrwilliams

Contribution Points : 65699
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:28 am

allen27 wrote:
Do you think Dylan wrote the essay in an attempt of being suspended or had some kind of sanction thus unavailable for 4/20? I say this because maybe he wanted out (out of the shooting) but without telling Eric directly. He, to me, was more focused on suicide, not homicide. I really think he wanted out.

No, I think he was just very mentally unstable. He had too much fun in the library. He WANTED to do it. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
edgelord

edgelord

Contribution Points : 63264

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:54 am

I could see him forcing a persoha in the library, as a sort of coping mechanism with what was to come.

People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment. The soul shudders before oblivion and seeks connection at any price.

-- Hjalmar Söderberg
Back to top Go down
nicolonoscopy

nicolonoscopy

Contribution Points : 65606

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Although this is plausible, I think if he actually wanted to remove himself from the situation he would have found a way to do so. In the end, it seems like he wanted to do it just as much as Eric did. He enjoyed it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74864
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

I think he wrote it because he was excited.
Although I don't think that either of the boys were enjoying themselves that day, at least not as much as people think.
A lot of people interpret Dylan's laughing and shouting as a sign that he was having the best time of life.
But I think it's a coping mechanism like edgelord put it, to convince himself that he was having fun.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 3:24 pm

nicolonoscopy wrote:
Although this is plausible, I think if he actually wanted to remove himself from the situation he would have found a way to do so. In the end, it seems like he wanted to do it just as much as Eric did. He enjoyed it.

I agree with you on this. Although, I remember a part in Sue Klebold's book where she suggests that there was a time Dylan tried to distance himself from Eric (I think after the van incident in January of 1998). She referenced an instance where Dylan was actually scared to tell Eric he didn't want to hang out, so he made up the excuse that his parents wouldn't let him. It never stood out to her until after the massacre.

Regardless of that, Dylan could have committed suicide before 4-20-99. There is a reason he did not. I think he was too wrapped up in NBK at that point...
Back to top Go down
_CannibaLCorpsE_

_CannibaLCorpsE_

Contribution Points : 66233

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I think if he wanted out he would have just committed suicide.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Essay Theory    Dylan Essay Theory  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan Essay Theory
Page 1 of 1