Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Face to face with Eric or Dylan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Agent 47

PostSubject: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:22 pm

You're at Columbine on the day of the massacre. You have the choice of being confronted by Eric or Dylan and granted a chance to speak and plead/reason with them to spare your life.. Who would you rather encounter and why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sitnwatchitburn

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jollyhelpful

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:14 am

I think the answer to this question depends more on which of these two you could better relate with. Personally; I would plead my case with Dylan, just because I subscribe to the 'you kill with me, and I'll die with you theory". Even so,I still that think there's still a strong chance that Dylan would gun me down in cold blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic808

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 am

dylan, tbh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll be under your stars ~FOREVER~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:09 am

Eric, pleading worked with him at least once during the shooting.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glamazon

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:28 am

Plead for a life I don’t want? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Plead for a life I don’t want? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't want mine either. But I want to die by my own hand, by my own terms. Not anyone else's. Which is why I'd try everything in my power to survive that ordeal.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glamazon

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I don't want mine either. But I want to die by my own hand, by my own terms. Not anyone else's. Which is why I'd try everything in my power to survive that ordeal.

Which all comes down to pride and control. Nobody wants to be a victim and humans in general dislike situations where they are not in control of themselves. But there’s a bigger chance of dying by murder than by suicide, since it’s against our instincts to kill ourselves. Most suicide attempts in general are not successful, since humans cave into their instincts or use ineffective suicidal methods.
Rampage killers try to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. Their victims are mostly either complete strangers or people they’re simply acquainted with. So victims of mass murder tend to die in a quick and rather impersonal way, which usually doesn’t involve any torture. For a person who genuinely wants to perish, it’s not the worst way to die.

[ReB]

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Eric. I relate to him pretty well. Same views on the world in general, especially the whole "society as robots" bit. Think I'd have a much higher chance of talking him down from blowing my head off.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:20 am

As a female, I'm not sure which of them would be better to plead my case to. Eric wrote some disturbing things about girls in his journal. And while Dylan seemed to be more sensitive from his writings, the 911 call recording shows he was enjoying what he did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:55 am

Definitely Eric, as he seemed to be more collected during the massacre. According to noises from that 911 call, Dylan was ecstatic and out his mind.

I share a lot of characteristics with Eric, especially when it comes to a grudge towards the people at school and society in general.

In a best case scenario, I think they wouldn't even notice me in library as I would probably hang around on an isolated table away from others, where I could read in peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andromeda

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm

I feel like I would have a better chance surviving with Eric, not particularly a high one but still. There was more to him than what Dave Cullen wants us to believe. Not sure how I would react in such a situation, but I don't think I would plead. I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction of having such power over me. (Kinda stupid, I guess, to think like that while having a gun pointed at you.)

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Eric.
We are almost the same people. And deep down i know he would appreciate someone picking through the right things inside him and talking to him about it. It was all he ever looked for when he was alive.

Face to face with Eric or Dylan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1