Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grenier_VoDKa

PostSubject: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:18 pm

After doing some research on the case I found out that Eric and Dylan had subtlety tried recruiting one of their close friends Chris. How would it affect the shooting and the infamy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 am

From the limited exposure we have of Chris, he seems smarter than Eric and probably Dylan as well. I believe this would have made the massacre far more severe. He would have been a meticulous planner and already had knowledge of bomb making. I am confident the bombs would have gone off and we'd be talking about a whole lot more casualties.

Conversely, I think the infamy would be slightly less for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I believe the cafeteria and library would have been destroyed. Do you think they would've rebuilt the school and reopened it? No way, the rest of the school would be professionally demolished and cease to exist. This would lead to people forgetting about the shooting and moving on from it.

Secondly, the massacre would've been less interpersonal. We would not have the "he said she said" accounts from eye witnesses. We would not have chilling 9-11 tapes that we can only imagine what the full versions are like. We would not have any details about how the killers acted and what they said during the shootings. It would have felt a lot more like a terrorist attack.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Adding another wheel to the plan would have only increased their chances of being caught and the plan being foiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Moordenaar

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:20 pm

I feel like more people would've died and it would've been more intimidating. I think the shooting would've had more of an effect on america.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm

limpfisch wrote:

From the limited exposure we have of Chris, he seems smarter than Eric and probably Dylan as well. I believe this would have made the massacre far more severe. He would have been a meticulous planner and already had knowledge of bomb making. I am confident the bombs would have gone off and we'd be talking about a whole lot more casualties.

Conversely, I think the infamy would be slightly less for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I believe the cafeteria and library would have been destroyed. Do you think they would've rebuilt the school and reopened it? No way, the rest of the school would be professionally demolished and cease to exist. This would lead to people forgetting about the shooting and moving on from it.

Secondly, the massacre would've been less interpersonal. We would not have the "he said she said" accounts from eye witnesses. We would not have chilling 9-11 tapes that we can only imagine what the full versions are like. We would not have any details about how the killers acted and what they said during the shootings. It would have felt a lot more like a terrorist attack.

Excellent answer from head to toe. and great question OP!

If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1