Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...

Go down 
+5
QuestionMark
shades
Juicy Jazzy
limpfisch
Grenier_VoDKa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Grenier_VoDKa

Grenier_VoDKa

Contribution Points : 61757
Forum Reputation : 0

If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 9:18 pm

After doing some research on the case I found out that Eric and Dylan had subtlety tried recruiting one of their close friends Chris. How would it affect the shooting and the infamy?
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 78641
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 am

From the limited exposure we have of Chris, he seems smarter than Eric and probably Dylan as well. I believe this would have made the massacre far more severe. He would have been a meticulous planner and already had knowledge of bomb making. I am confident the bombs would have gone off and we'd be talking about a whole lot more casualties.

Conversely, I think the infamy would be slightly less for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I believe the cafeteria and library would have been destroyed. Do you think they would've rebuilt the school and reopened it? No way, the rest of the school would be professionally demolished and cease to exist. This would lead to people forgetting about the shooting and moving on from it.

Secondly, the massacre would've been less interpersonal. We would not have the "he said she said" accounts from eye witnesses. We would not have chilling 9-11 tapes that we can only imagine what the full versions are like. We would not have any details about how the killers acted and what they said during the shootings. It would have felt a lot more like a terrorist attack.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98519
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Adding another wheel to the plan would have only increased their chances of being caught and the plan being foiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 4:20 pm

I feel like more people would've died and it would've been more intimidating. I think the shooting would've had more of an effect on america.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm

limpfisch wrote:

From the limited exposure we have of Chris, he seems smarter than Eric and probably Dylan as well. I believe this would have made the massacre far more severe. He would have been a meticulous planner and already had knowledge of bomb making. I am confident the bombs would have gone off and we'd be talking about a whole lot more casualties.

Conversely, I think the infamy would be slightly less for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I believe the cafeteria and library would have been destroyed. Do you think they would've rebuilt the school and reopened it? No way, the rest of the school would be professionally demolished and cease to exist. This would lead to people forgetting about the shooting and moving on from it.

Secondly, the massacre would've been less interpersonal. We would not have the "he said she said" accounts from eye witnesses. We would not have chilling 9-11 tapes that we can only imagine what the full versions are like. We would not have any details about how the killers acted and what they said during the shootings. It would have felt a lot more like a terrorist attack.

Excellent answer from head to toe. and great question OP!

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Shooting would have been more deadly.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm

This question hinges a great deal on if the bombs would go off or not. If they do then the equation is changed so drastically that we're dealing with an entirely different question. So for our purposes we'll have to assume that the bombs are failures.

However, this still leaves us with complex problems that aren't easily solved. What's Morris's role during the attack? What weapons will he be working with? Is he a subordinate, an equal, or a superior in the group dynamic? How will he proceed under the pressure of killing people, getting shot at by police, and completing what amounts to a suicide mission? The last one is most important; it takes a truckload of resolve to do what Eric and Dylan did, and the fact that the real Chris Morris didn't join in indicates to me that if he were to join, he'd be a reluctant participant.

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Adding another wheel to the plan would have only increased their chances of being caught and the plan being foiled.

I think it'd be more likely to be foiled simply because too many egos would clash in a three man team compared to a duo.

lognifiiskurk, DeltaDeltaDawn and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60889
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

If there were more people then it would have been harder to get equipment that would have been needed for the attack therefore it would have been easier to carry out the attack as a duo. Eric and Dylan probably tried to recruit Chris because they wanted the most damage done to the school by the most people. Dylan originally wanted to carry out the shooting with Nate Dykeman so there was obviously some desire to have other friends of theirs in the attack, but that never worked out.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 7:58 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:
Dylan originally wanted to carry out the shooting with Nate Dykeman

Nate Dykeman or Zach Heckler?
Back to top Go down
johncena

Contribution Points : 30154

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 pm

morgenroede wrote:
lognifiiskurk wrote:
Dylan originally wanted to carry out the shooting with Nate Dykeman

Nate Dykeman or Zach Heckler?

since the name is redacted we don’t know but probably both
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42399
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 10:50 pm

There are zero reasons to think he wanted to commit massacre with Nate (of all people) OR Zach. According to his journal, Dylan wanted to commit the shooting on his own, or with his halcyon girl. He never mentioned commiting it with any of his friends, other than Eric. I have no idea when and why this idea started.
And i'd like to know why OP thought they wanted to recruit Chris Morris (and why another poster thought Chris was especially smart, considering Chris did one interview, and pretty much it). Because they blew up bombs or started fires in front of him? They did it with everybody.
Back to top Go down
AZ20

Contribution Points : 35030

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am

Doesn't Chris elude to this himself in an interview or witness statement? I think Eric commented to Chris "wouldn't it be fun if we sat on the hill and shot up the school" or something like that. I don't think he ever asked Chris to participate. If anything, it was more like he wanted Chris' approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...   If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If they successfully recruited their friend Chris Morris...
Page 1 of 1