Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.

Go down 
+5
Lizpuff
sororityalpha
silentprocess
InsaneIntruder
Jenn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Empty
PostSubject: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

I've been following this case very closely since it happened. Right now she's still a missing a child and no one really knows yet exactly what or if there is an actual "crime", so for the time being I'm going to put this in "Other Crimes".

This case is about a 3 year old disabled, adopted child who disappeared in Texas on the morning of October 7th between 3:00 - 3:15 A.M.

According to this child's Father, he gave her some milk to drink but she wouldn't drink it so he made her stand outside next to a large tree that was 100 yards away from her house and behind a wooden fence. He left her outside, alone at 3:00 in the morning and said when he came back to check on her at 3:15, she was gone.

He says that he looked around for her but couldn't find her. He then decided he would go inside and do some laundry until she came home and if she wasn't home by the time the sun came up, he'd go out and search for her. Once the sun came up, sometime after 5-6:00 A.M, and she still wasn't home, he then went to go look for her. He claims he looked for her until 8:00 and that's when he decided to finally call the police. She had been missing for over 5 hours by then.

He also claims that he knew that an ally behind his house was "infested with coyotes" but he still made her go stand outside anyways.

Needless to say, the police aren't buying this story. I don't think even the village idiot would buy this story, so he was arrested for child endangerment and was held in jail with a 250 thousand dollar bail. Apparently his church got the money together and bailed him out. However he had to surrender his passport and wear an ankle monitor so the police can keep track of him.

The little girl is only 3 years old and she is disabled/has a learning disability and her parents say that she's unable to communicate as well as other children who are around her age. Her Father said the reason she was up in the middle of the night to drink milk is because she is under weight and malnourished because of her disability.

She isn't their biological daughter. She was adopted when she was a baby. They have a biological daughter who is 4 and she was taken away by child protective services.

The Mother claims she was asleep during this whole ordeal and doesn't know what happened to the little girl.

Yesterday, there was a police update saying that one of the family's cars left the house that morning sometime between 4-5 A.M - an hour after the Father claims he put her outside. Police have not said how they know someone left in one of the cars or who they think was driving the car.

They have been asking neighbors to check security cameras or call with any information about who was driving the car or where the car may have been going.

No evidence whatsoever has been found so far.

Personally, I do not think she was attacked by a coyote because 1. A coyote is not capable of eating an entire 22 pound child without leaving behind blood/body parts/clothes. A coyote is only about 30 pounds and they very rarely attack humans unprovoked. Chances are if a coyote saw a human, they'd run away. Most coyote bites/attacks happened because people were trying to corner/capture them.

Of course, it's not impossible that a coyote or even a group of coyotes could have attacked her but they'd find some evidence of that. It would be devastating to the child's body if a wild animal mauled her to death.

Sadly, I think that her "Father" murdered her and then left in the car to dispose of her body. I really hope that's not the case but that's how it's looking. The longer she's missing, the less likely she's still alive and she's been missing for nearly a week now. I'm not sure if the Mother is involved or not. I'm not sure whether it was an accident or intentional.

Has anyone else been following this case? If so, what do you think has happened to her? Do you think it could have been coyotes? A kidnapping? Her Father murdered her?

What kind of parent puts a child outside all alone at 3 in the morning as a punishment for not drinking milk? Is this story at all believable to anyone?

Anyway, I'd love to hear what others think of this case.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 am

I have watched this one too. I still can't get over the fact he put her outside ALONE! Who the hell does shit like that to a three year old child? Let alone a disabled three year old child? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 7:55 am

I have dealt with coyotes. No way in hell one would attack a child and not leave blood everywhere, much less a pack. If he truly did place her outside, then it is possible that someone just took her. We live in a very screwed up world. But another point that gets me in his story is who the hell would just do laundry knowing that their kid was missing, a disabled 3 year old! Just not buying it at all.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I have watched this one too. I still can't get over the fact he put her outside ALONE! Who the hell does shit like that to a three year old child? Let alone a disabled three year old child? Sad
Exactly. This story is so unbelievable. In 5 hours that's the best he could come up with? I think he did something to her and wanted the police to believe that she was attacked by coyotes. I mean, come on, they are coyotes not sharks. They're not going to just swallow a whole child. I don't know if even a shark could just swallow up a whole child but I do know that no coyotes did this.

I guess it could be possible someone took her but she wasn't out in the middle of the street. She was in the back of her house standing behind a fence next to a tree. What are the chances that someone would just so happen to be lurking around in someone's back yard in that 15 minute time frame in the middle of the night to snatch up a little girl?

And then one of their cars left the house an hour after he claims she went missing even though he told police he was inside folding laundry during that time and his wife claims she was asleep.

I remember my cat got outside once before and even though she loves me and trusts me I just knew that she wouldn't just come back to me once she was outside. She was gonna be scared and she'd hide. It took me 7 days to finally figure out where she was hiding. Once I knew where she was, I could set up a trap and catch her. In those 7 days I hardly slept. I was outside every 15-30 minutes looking for her and calling her. I was sad and depressed. I couldn't stop looking at pictures of her and crying. It was devastating to me. I can only imagine if I ever had a child and something like that happened to me. How in the hell can someone who loves their child just nonchalantly go inside and fold towels knowing their child is gone? He did something to her. I just know it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am

Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Exactly. This story is so unbelievable. In 5 hours that's the best he could come up with? I think he did something to her and wanted the police to believe that she was attacked by coyotes. I mean, come on, they are coyotes not sharks. They're not going to just swallow a whole child. I don't know if even a shark could just swallow up a whole child but I do know that no coyotes did this.

I guess it could be possible someone took her but she wasn't out in the middle of the street. She was in the back of her house standing behind a fence next to a tree. What are the chances that someone would just so happen to be lurking around in someone's back yard in that 15 minute time frame in the middle of the night to snatch up a little girl?

And then one of their cars left the house an hour after he claims she went missing even though he told police he was inside folding laundry during that time and his wife claims she was asleep.

I remember my cat got outside once before and even though she loves me and trusts me I just knew that she wouldn't just come back to me once she was outside. She was gonna be scared and she'd hide. It took me 7 days to finally figure out where she was hiding. Once I knew where she was, I could set up a trap and catch her. In those 7 days I hardly slept. I was outside every 15-30 minutes looking for her and calling her. I was sad and depressed. I couldn't stop looking at pictures of her and crying. It was devastating to me. I can only imagine if I ever had a child and something like that happened to me. How in the hell can someone who loves their child just nonchalantly go inside and fold towels knowing their child is gone? He did something to her. I just know it.

While it is unlikely someone did take her it should still be investigated just to cover every possibility, but I agree with the fact that his story is utter bullshit. Also the fact that he didn't wake the mother up to tell her the child was missing?!

I have two kids age 7 and 5. They are never out of my sight when outside. Even though we do live out in the country and have a fenced in yard, with two huge ass dogs that worship the ground my brats walk on. I just cannot imagine throwing a disabled 3 year old outside in the middle of the night and leaving her.

I also can't imagine not worrying about her being gone enough to be folding clothes waiting for her to come back. She was 3! The sudden car trip is very suspicious as well. Another red flag is the fact that child protective services have had issues with them before. I am also wondering why the other child was removed from the home but not Sherin.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:48 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

While it is unlikely someone did take her it should still be investigated just to cover every possibility, but I agree with the fact that his story is utter bullshit. Also the fact that he didn't wake the mother up to tell her the child was missing?!

I have two kids age 7 and 5. They are never out of my sight when outside. Even though we do live out in the country and have a fenced in yard, with two huge ass dogs that worship the ground my brats walk on.  I just cannot imagine throwing a disabled 3 year old outside in the middle of the night and leaving her.

I also can't imagine not worrying about her being gone enough to be folding clothes waiting for her to come back. She was 3! The sudden car trip is very suspicious as well.  Another red flag is the fact that child protective services have had issues with them before.  I am also wondering why the other child was removed from the home but not Sherin.

That's a great point you bring up that I had forgot to mention. It was mentioned that they had an issue with Child Protective Services before in the past. It didn't go into depth though what that was about. As for the child being removed, I was under the impression that the older daughter (their biological one) wasn't removed from the home until after Sherin had gone missing. That would explain why only one child had been removed.

Did you read anything about any children being taken away by CPS prior to Sherin's disappearance?

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

And yes, I agree with you that the police should definitely look into the possibility of her being abducted. Whatever it takes to for them to figure out what happened to her. I was just saying why I personally thought a kidnapping seemed unlikely because it was the middle of the night in the back of the house and there wouldn't really be a lot of people around during that time of night.

I watched a video where a neighbor had security cameras set up in the front and back of his house and they were reviewing them to see if they saw any people around the Mathew's front and back yard when she went missing.

I'm wondering if maybe that's how they found out someone left their house in the car? They could have caught it on the neighbor's CCTV footage.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 am

Jenn wrote:
Did you read anything about any children being taken away by CPS prior to Sherin's disappearance?

SORRY! That was a misread on my part. I was scanning though a few reports at the same time. The older daughter was removed following the investigation. BUT I still wanna know why CPS had been involved with the family in the past.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am

While the father's sleeping, someone should sneak in, pour gasoline all over him and set him on fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
While the father's sleeping, someone should sneak in, pour gasoline all over him and set him on fire.

If he did do anything to that child, then I agree wholeheartedly with you. Though he would deserve a much more painful punishment. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If he did do anything to that child, then I agree wholeheartedly with you. Though he would deserve a much more painful punishment.

It's really pointless to care about some random kid across the world. But if that gets you then here's a Video for you: Video . It's a 5-year-old Girl who was kidnapped and is about to be killed to have her organs harvested. She's crying throughout the video and calling out for likely her parents. Will you create the Facebook memorial or shall I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm

mordupen wrote:
If he did do anything to that child, then I agree wholeheartedly with you. Though he would deserve a much more painful punishment.

It's really pointless to care about some random kid across the world. But if that gets you then here's a Video for you: Video . It's a 5-year-old Girl who was kidnapped and is about to be killed to have her organs harvested. She's crying throughout the video and calling out for likely her parents. Will you create the Facebook memorial or shall I?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You are right about one thing. I do not personally know that little girl, but why should that keep me from caring about her? I have several nieces, nephews and cousins around her age. I have two small children myself. As a mom hearing about things like this does effect me. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a soft heart when it comes to children.

The simple fact you could even say or think that it is pointless to care about a lost child is one of the very reasons I choose to care. To many people just don't give a shit.

As for the video you linked for me. Sorry, didn't watch it. I'm not sure why you would feel the need to "get" me. I also find it funny that you directed the post towards me and not Jenn, considering she started the thread about the missing child to begin with. I'm assuming you didn't want to irritate the forum owner.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

mordupen wrote:
Will you create the Facebook memorial or shall I?
Considering I don't have Facebook, you should. Or anyone else here should.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You are right about one thing. I do not personally know that little girl, but why should that keep me from caring about her? I have several nieces, nephews and cousins around her age. I have two small children myself.  As a mom hearing about things like this does effect me. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a soft heart when it comes to children.

The simple fact you could even say or think that it is pointless to care about a lost child is one of the very reasons I choose to care. To many people just don't give a shit.

As for the video you linked for me. Sorry, didn't watch it. I'm not sure why you would feel the need to "get" me. I also find it funny that you directed the post towards me and not Jenn, considering she started the thread about the missing child to begin with. I'm assuming you didn't want to irritate the forum owner.  
Basically my opinions except I'm not a mother. Also I heard they've been banned on other accounts and have been given another chance but don't quote me on that. They, however, have been called out on some shitty behaviour by Jenn previously so there's that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 pm

mordupen wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You are right about one thing. I do not personally know that little girl, but why should that keep me from caring about her? I have several nieces, nephews and cousins around her age. I have two small children myself.  As a mom hearing about things like this does effect me. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a soft heart when it comes to children.

You shouldn't care about her because you never knew her. What's caring about some Girl who's likely 4 feet under at the time of writing going to do anyway? Caring won't do anything but bring yourself down when it's a case like this. Pointless. The only thing I agree with is caring about your kids, nieces, nephews and other children you're either related to or know. I'm not saying don't care about any kid.

Also, Just because not enough people care doesn't automatically mean you should nor choose to. Again. Pointless.

And I don't mind that you didn't. Also, Also, Also I directed my post toward you because you said her father should be killed. Not because I "Didn't want to irritate the forum owner". Regardless Jenn doesn't ban people because they disagree with her views or mildly offend her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Basically my opinions except I'm not a mother. Also I heard they've been banned on other accounts and have been given another chance but don't quote me on that. They, however, have been called out on some shitty behaviour by Jenn previously so there's that.

Useful Intel Comrade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 pm

mordupen wrote:
mordupen wrote:

You shouldn't care about her because you never knew her. What's caring about some Girl who's likely 4 feet under at the time of writing going to do anyway? Caring won't do anything but bring yourself down when it's a case like this. Pointless. The only thing I agree with is caring about your kids, nieces, nephews and other children you're either related to or know. I'm not saying don't care about any kid.

Also, Just because not enough people care doesn't automatically mean you should nor choose to. Again. Pointless.

And I don't mind that you didn't. Also, Also, Also I directed my post toward you because you said her father should be killed. Not because I "Didn't want to irritate the forum owner". Regardless Jenn doesn't ban people because they disagree with her views or mildly offend her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I understand that we have very different points of view. I care because it is in my nature to care. You either don't care or choose not to.  I think more people should care, you don't see the point in people caring. So we have come to a impasse. So lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62084
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's ok not to care.  I personally don't care about the kid at all and if the kids dead, whatever, don't bother me any.  But I believe people have the right to care and shouldn't be mocked for caring.  The world would be much worse off if it was filled with people that don't give a rats ass about missing kids.  

It's ok to express your opinion of course, but not at the expense of others.

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 3:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Why would the mother all of a sudden stop cooperating? Seems very fishy.  If that was my child I would be doing anything and everything I could to help, not trying to hinder the investigation.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 6:15 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Why would the mother all of a sudden stop cooperating? Seems very fishy.  If that was my child I would be doing anything and everything I could to help, not trying to hinder the investigation.
I couldn't read that article. It was asking me to pay $1 to read it. That's weird. They charge you to read newspaper articles online now?

I've still been following the case and I did read that both parents have stopped cooperating with the police. I imagine the Mother is no longer talking because it seems as though her husband is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suspect. And now they've been caught in a lie as well. The Father said he went inside and was doing laundry while he was waiting for the little girl to come home but they now have evidence someone left the house for an hour in one of the family's SUVs.

It's unclear though who they think went out driving and where the driver went.

I don't believe the Mother was sleeping. I'm thinking that maybe the little girl woke up in the middle of the night and was being difficult and one of the parents perhaps lost their temper and maybe hit her or threw her too hard and killed her. There was another child in the house. Perhaps the sibling could have done something to her by accident and they wanted to cover that up to protect that child? (A totally different case but I think that's what happened with JonBenet Ramsey. Her brother killed her and the parents covered it up). Although he was a few years older than these children but I guess it's still possible.

Like you said though, something's off with this whole thing. If they weren't involved, they would be doing anything they could to find the child and give the police any information they could to help the police find her. I don't even have kids and I already know if this were me, I'd be hysterical. These people are worried more about what's gonna happen to them than finding their daughter.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 am

Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I couldn't read that article. It was asking me to pay $1 to read it. That's weird. They charge you to read newspaper articles online now?

I've still been following the case and I did read that both parents have stopped cooperating with the police. I imagine the Mother is no longer talking because it seems as though her husband is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suspect. And now they've been caught in a lie as well. The Father said he went inside and was doing laundry while he was waiting for the little girl to come home but they now have evidence someone left the house for an hour in one of the family's SUVs.

I don't believe the Mother was sleeping. I'm thinking that maybe the little girl woke up in the middle of the night and was being difficult and one of the parents perhaps lost their temper and maybe hit her or threw her too hard and killed her. There was another child in the house. Perhaps the sibling could have done something to her by accident and they wanted to cover that up to protect that child? (A totally different case but I think that's what happened with JonBenet Ramsey. Her brother killed her and the parents covered it up). Although he was a few years older than these children but I guess it's still possible.

Like you said though, something's off with this whole thing. If they weren't involved, they would be doing anything they could to find the child and give the police any information they could to help the police find her. I don't even have kids and I already know if this were me, I'd be hysterical. These people are worried more about what's gonna happen to them than finding their daughter.

I have no clue why it would ask you to pay to be able to read it. That is weird. I didn't have to pay when I read it. scratch

I agree, they seem more worried about themselves then about that little girl. I just don't understand it. Sad I also do not understand the fact that they adopted this child only to mistreat her. I mean adoption is a long drawn out, very expensive process. Maybe the fact that she was adopted made them not care as much about her as their biological child. I am still trying to track down anything on why CPS was investigating them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:41 am

I am still trying to track down anything on why CPS was investigating them.

They adopted a 3 year old "disabled" child. Of course CPS would keep an eye on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 am

mordupen wrote:

They adopted a 3 year old "disabled" child. Of course CPS would keep an eye on them.

Possibly. Although I would still like to know exactly why CPS was involved with the family. It may have been just normal Adoption case work. Or maybe issues involving the children were brought to CPS attention and they were looking into them.

Either way, no one can say that the father is not guilty of very bad judgement, and of mistreating a disabled child that was completely dependent on him for care.  Even if his very fishy story does turn out to be true, he should still be held accountable for  his actions that most likely have lead to this poor baby's death.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have no clue why it would ask you to pay to be able to read it. That is weird. I didn't have to pay when I read it. scratch

I agree, they seem more worried about themselves then about that little girl. I just don't understand it. Sad  I also do not understand the fact that they adopted this child only to mistreat her.  I mean adoption is a long drawn out, very expensive process. Maybe the fact that she was adopted made them not care as much about her as their biological child. I am still trying to track down anything on why CPS was investigating them.

Yea, it's weird. I'll try and get a screenshot of it so you can see what I mean. They ask me to pay $1 and then when I click on it, my choices are to pay $1 every 4 weeks or something like $100 for the year. That's nuts. It could be cuz I use AdBlocker, but who knows?

The parents are saying the child was malnourished and sickly. I wonder if they are over exaggerating on that? She is 3 years old and they've had her since she was a baby. If she was being taken care of properly, she shouldn't still be malnourished 3 years later. She's slightly underweight for her age though.

I know the police say they are hopeful she's still out there alive somewhere but in case she isn't, they should probably start trying to figure out where he could have driven to in that hour that he was gone. If he did murder her, I could possibly see them taking the death penalty off the table if he comes clean and tells police where he hid her body.

I just wish investigators would stop beating around the bush and give us some real details on what's going on. Instead of the vague information. I guess there's some stuff they don't want the public to know just yet but they really aren't telling us much at all.

mordupen wrote:

Exactly, they "adopted her". She wasn't a foster child who bounces around the system. They would have been checked out before the adoption even took place, not after.

It's not normal, not in the United States anyways, for CPS to keep an eye on every single child that is adopted both inside and outside of the country. And even so, this wasn't a case where CPS was just keeping an eye on the little girl, the parents were investigated which means that there was some sort of child mistreatment that someone reported to CPS.

Edit to add: This is the pop up I get whenever I try to read the article and there's no way for me to close out of it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Article is fine for me as well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

The parents now have a lawyer. So safe to say they will not be aiding the investigation. I think lie detector tests should be the next action.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am

Washington Post supposedly allows you 1 free article every so often...so once you read a story on there and try to open a new one it will ask you to pay to see it. It seems random to me though because sometimes it allows me to read more than one at a time.

In any case though, as a mom to a 3 year old this sickens me. If my daughter did not want to drink milk for any reason my next thought would never be "stick her outside until she decides to do what I ask". They don't call them threenagers for nothing. 3 year olds do not quite understand action and results from that action. Sticking her outside is not going to teach her a life lesson.

It seems to me that they probably regretted their decision to adopt this child figuring her needs were too much. I have read stories like this in the past.

Both parents have something they are hiding. I do not believe for a second some random person or wildlife got to that baby. Either they did something to her, or they hired someone to do something to her. Just disgusting.

And that mordupen person...condoned what happened to baby Briana so.... I am not surprised they are spitting vitriol here.

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Washington Post supposedly allows you 1 free article every so often...so once you read a story on there and try to open a new one it will ask you to pay to see it.  It seems random to me though because sometimes it allows me to read more than one at a time.

In any case though, as a mom to a 3 year old this sickens me.  If my daughter did not want to drink milk for any reason my next thought would never be "stick her outside until she decides to do what I ask".  They don't call them threenagers for nothing.  3 year olds do not quite understand action and results from that action.  Sticking her outside is not going to teach her a life lesson.

It seems to me that they probably regretted their decision to adopt this child figuring her needs were too much.  I have read stories like this in the past.  

Both parents have something they are hiding.  I do not believe for a second some random person or wildlife got to that baby.  Either they did something to her, or they hired someone to do something to her.  Just disgusting.

And that mordupen person...condoned what happened to baby Briana so.... I am not surprised they are spitting vitriol here.

The Amber Alert was called off due to lack of any evidence that anyone actually took her. There apparently was no evidence she was attacked by coyotes. So that leaves the parents. Mainly the father since he was the one who supposedly saw her last. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Washington Post supposedly allows you 1 free article every so often...so once you read a story on there and try to open a new one it will ask you to pay to see it.  It seems random to me though because sometimes it allows me to read more than one at a time.

In any case though, as a mom to a 3 year old this sickens me.  If my daughter did not want to drink milk for any reason my next thought would never be "stick her outside until she decides to do what I ask".  They don't call them threenagers for nothing.  3 year olds do not quite understand action and results from that action.  Sticking her outside is not going to teach her a life lesson.

It seems to me that they probably regretted their decision to adopt this child figuring her needs were too much.  I have read stories like this in the past.  

Both parents have something they are hiding.  I do not believe for a second some random person or wildlife got to that baby.  Either they did something to her, or they hired someone to do something to her.  Just disgusting.

The Amber Alert was called off due to lack of any evidence that anyone actually took her. There apparently was no evidence she was attacked by coyotes. So that leaves the parents. Mainly the father since he was the one who supposedly saw her last. Sad

I see. I am a bit behind.

I do not think they adopted this girl out of the goodness of their hearts. THere is a man at my work who is working on adopting his 3rd. He adopts them for the money. Sad to say but he doesn't hide it. I think it was something like that initially. Then they realized how much 'trouble' the disabilities would be and wanted out.

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Mediums are now unofficially involved with the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I see.  I am a bit behind.  

I do not think they adopted this girl out of the goodness of their hearts.  THere is a man at my work who is working on adopting his 3rd.  He adopts them for the money.  Sad to say but he doesn't hide it.  I think it was something like that initially.  Then they realized how much 'trouble' the disabilities would be and wanted out.  

I read one report that said the parents had issues with infertility, that may have been why they decided to adopt. Also the man that is using innocent children to make money needs a very hard kick to the groin area.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84848

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Crazy case and that’s about the dumbest story one can make up about making her stand outside at 3 in morning. She’s either dead accident or not and he dumped her or he gave her away because he couldn’t handle her anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 7:28 pm

I read this article here earlier today and according to the people at the place the little girl was at before she was adopted, she wasn't fussy or picky when it came to eating and drinking her milk. They said she always drank her milk and gave them no trouble at all and that she'd eat whatever was given to her.

I'm wondering if her adoptive parents were even giving her enough food and milk? Being that she was malnourished once she started living with them and she had no problems drinking and eating when she was in India?

Of course there's always the possibility that if he did put her outside in the middle of the night in a coyote ridden ally behind his house because she didn't drink her milk, that maybe she wasn't feeling good or wasn't hungry and that's why she didn't take it?

That wouldn't explain though why she was any where from 4-12 pounds underweight for her age and height.

I too think that she probably was mistreated because she wasn't their biological child. I'd hate to think they took her just for the money and mistreated her. I really don't know much about adopting children be it inside or outside of the United States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - You mentioned that you know someone who adopts children just to receive their money? I thought that if a couple wanted to adopt a child, that they were the ones who would pay money to adopt, not receive money for adopting? Or are you referring to foster children that ended up being adopted?

Here's the article I was referring to. The place she stayed at in India say she never had any problems eating and/or drinking her milk.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I saw that one too. Strange that they would say she had no issues with eating/drinking, yet the adoptive parents had problems to the point of her being malnourished and under weight.

Regardless of how this plays out both need to be held responsible for whatever has happened to her. Especially the father, but I also have my doubts that the mommy was really sleeping while this all went down.

I wonder if anyone has thought to gently question the older child? She is four, that would be somewhat old enough to maybe talk about if her mommy and daddy was mean to Sherin or not.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 am

Jenn wrote:
I read this article here earlier today and according to the people at the place the little girl was at before she was adopted, she wasn't fussy or picky when it came to eating and drinking her milk. They said she always drank her milk and gave them no trouble at all and that she'd eat whatever was given to her.

I'm wondering if her adoptive parents were even giving her enough food and milk? Being that she was malnourished once she started living with them and she had no problems drinking and eating when she was in India?

Of course there's always the possibility that if he did put her outside in the middle of the night in a coyote ridden ally behind his house because she didn't drink her milk, that maybe she wasn't feeling good or wasn't hungry and that's why she didn't take it?

That wouldn't explain though why she was any where from 4-12 pounds underweight for her age and height.

I too think that she probably was mistreated because she wasn't their biological child. I'd hate to think they took her just for the money and mistreated her. I really don't know much about adopting children be it inside or outside of the United States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - You mentioned that you know someone who adopts children just to receive their money? I thought that if a couple wanted to adopt a child, that they were the ones who would pay money to adopt, not receive money for adopting? Or are you referring to foster children that ended up being adopted?

Here's the article I was referring to. The place she stayed at in India say she never had any problems eating and/or drinking her milk.

Ah yes. He fosters first and then tries to adopt. He gets paid monthly for the kids he fosters. He has 5 of his own bio kids, 2 adopted, 1 being adopted and 2 others that are fosters. IDK how he lives

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am

These people should never be given their daughter back.  I can't imagine what that poor little girl went thru that we don't and may never know about.

Hearing about her not having issues before just makes my blood boil. Obviously the issues she had were caused by the adoptive parents. One way or another.

Last edited by Lizpuff on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more thoughts)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 am

My best guess is that the 3:15 to 4 am load of laundry was likely done to get rid of evidence. I mean really, who the hell does laundry when their disabled 3 year old is missing at 3 in the morning?

They also didn't report her missing to the police until like 8 am, so around 5 hours later. Why would they have waited? Unless they were trying to come up with a way to explain her disappearance in such a way as they couldn't be held accountable for it?

Probably why the father said he placed her outside near an alley that coyotes were known to lurk. He was just hoping that the police would automatically assume she had been kidnapped or dragged off by animals. Thankfully the police had issues with his story from the start. Now I'm just waiting to see if they find her or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Articles of interest found, but police not saying if it pertains to Sherin or not. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Going on 11 days, and no sign of this poor baby, or none that have been released yet. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 am

Seized from home on 900 block of Sunningdale
Trash bags, shopping bag, roll of fabric
Blue string and "dark, hair-like fibers"
Piece of red plastic
iPhone with case
Desktop computer
Three laptop computers
Five cell phones
Folder with banking documents
Adoption papers
Joint banking account book
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate
Medical bills
Vacuum contents
Exam gloves
Contents of power equipment
Digital camera with adapter
Wooden spoons
Gloves and dish scrubber
Fitted sheet
Five pairs of shoes
Two pairs of boots
Tax return
Financial paperwork
Internet router
Wooden fork and spoon wall hanging
Pink T-shirt
iPad
DNA swabbing
Blanket
Changing table cover
Hair sample
Washer and dryer

Seized from Acura MDX
Floor mat
DNA swabs
USB drive
Interior sunroof slide cover
Seatbelt
Cabin air filter
Radio module
Display monitor

Seized from family’s Lexus
Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
Driver’s side floormat
5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls

Seized from family’s Toyota Sienna
Six DNA swabs

Sad
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

If he did do anything to that child, then I agree wholeheartedly with you. Though he would deserve a much more painful punishment. Twisted Evil
Even if he didn't harm her, his story still makes him bad enough to be set on fire. Who'd leave a disabled girl on her own outside and once she goes missing just continue to do stuff around the house like nothing happened? Even if this story wasn't a lie and was true (which is unlikely, but I'll give him a chance) then he still deserves a very painful punishment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 pm

In my opinion his story was shit from the start. Nothing made sense. Also he did some VERY strange things that only made him seem more guilty. Like doing a load of laundry, not reporting her missing for 5 very long hours, leaving for an hour after he said she had been missing, etc.

At this point its not likely she will be found alive, but I hope they at least find her. Sad
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62084

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 pm

More details here perhaps?

They were in an uninvolved with the case legal battle.

Wonder if they had life insurance on her?

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have watched this case closely. Sad to say but I doubt she is still alive at this point. She has been missing since the 7th. I find it funny they are trying so hard to get their other child back, but won't help the police find Sherin. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Police have blocked off an area near the home.  Yet have not said if they have found Sherin or not. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 pm

They're saying they found a body at Spring Valley & Bowser Road in the town she lived in. They haven't confirmed yet that it's her, but we all know that it is.

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 3:25 pm

I just watched the news conference. Sad
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 64373

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm

The only time I think of E&D or any other mass murderer killing people without me feeling any remorse is when I imagine them killing fu*kers like these parents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 am

This poor baby had been abandoned by her biological family before she was taken into an adoption center in India. What kind of people could just throw away a child!? Then she was adopted by her current family who again tossed her away, or at least played a HUGE roll in her death as the police haven't released a cause of death yet.  Breaks my heart. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:53 pm

The Father has been arrested for causing injury to a child. There's no details about that yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.   Disappearance of Sherin Mathews. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappearance of Sherin Mathews.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: All Other Crimes-
Jump to: