Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.

Go down 
+11
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
REB10
QuestionMark
shouldbeshot
23september
Sarin Gas Attack
sscc
munchkinphone
Littlelo
slippy123
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

This is really good i wonder if in version 7 we will see ammo casings and what guns they are shooting
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63814
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 5:19 pm

On page 5993 Melissa Walker says the time was 11:40 before her and her friend Stephanie Munson got told to escape the school and Stephanie got shot in the ankle, so why does it happen within 11:26 and 11:29 in this video?

Edit: She later changed it to 11:25. I wonder why tho :/
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 am

munchkinphone wrote:
On page 5993 Melissa Walker says the time was 11:40 before her and her friend Stephanie Munson got told to escape the school and Stephanie got shot in the ankle, so why does it happen within 11:26 and 11:29 in this video?

The creator of this video posted in this thread, I'd send that question his way.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 11:31 am

slippy123 wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

The creator of this video posted in this thread, I'd send that question his way.

Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
shouldbeshot

Contribution Points : 60167

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 pm

You really do wonder why th3ycdidjt enter different classrooms and suxh, they were probably so disappointed that the bombs failed
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 pm

shouldbeshot wrote:
You really do wonder why th3ycdidjt enter different classrooms and suxh, they were probably so disappointed that the bombs failed

That's what I think. I don't think they saw a point if the bombs didn't go off; they wanted to kill hundreds, not dozens.

REB10

Contribution Points : 74385

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 pm

There's also reports that the boys turned on the gas lines in some of the science rooms in an effort to cause more destruction. This should be noted in the video as well. I think it helps explain some of the 'random' paths they took.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 pm

REB10 wrote:
There's also reports that the boys turned on the gas lines in some of the science rooms in an effort to cause more destruction. This should be noted in the video as well. I think it helps explain some of the 'random' paths they took.

I never heard that, where is that from?
Back to top Go down
REB10

Contribution Points : 74385

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 am

I've seen it multiple times but here's one link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
REB10 wrote:

I never heard that, where is that from?

Comes from the 11k.

They went into science rooms and turned on the gas hoping to start an explosion. They also were starting fires in that wing.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am

Thank you! I’m surprised I missed that!!

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Thank you! I’m surprised I missed that!!

Don't feel bad, this is the first time I've heard about it to.

I do think it's kinda funny that they thought that some gas leaks would cause an explosion. Seems like they watched too many action movies.  Laughing

Mojo11

Contribution Points : 55429

PostSubject: No plan   Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:12 pm

You’d think with all the planning they did, that they should’ve made a plan for if bombs didn’t work! Honestly it seems like they had no idea what they should’ve done when bombs didn’t go off!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Mojo11 wrote:
You’d think with all the planning they did, that they should’ve made a plan for if bombs didn’t work! Honestly it seems like they had no idea what they should’ve done when bombs didn’t go off!

I think it was mostly due to Eric's arrogance. I think he thought he was a master bomb maker. I don't think the thought of the bombs failing ever entered his head

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Mojo11 wrote:
You’d think with all the planning they did, that they should’ve made a plan for if bombs didn’t work! 

I would agree with you but I think Eric and Dylan figured that if they weren't able to kill hundreds then there's no real point for a plan B.

DownieChicken

Contribution Points : 54250

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 3:06 am

I think a reason that they didn't go inside classrooms was because if they were to open a door there was a chance a group of like 6 jocks would charge them or one of them getting knocked in the face by a chair but that's just a theory i have

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:57 am

Does this video say that Dylan shot Danny Rohrbough? I'm skeptical.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm

I didn't know that Anne Marie Hochhalter was shot at from so far away.
Back to top Go down
Mojo11

Contribution Points : 55429

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 4:02 pm

It was crazy to see all those green dots run out of library when e&d left.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 1:43 pm

I never heard about the gas lines being turned on. I do know they thew a Molotov in a science closet or something of the sort that started a fire that a teacher eventually put out.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 4:58 pm

I tried watching the animation on 0.5 speed to get it closer to real time and then also listen to the 911 call (with transcripts) from the point when they are entering the library.

They are only in the library for one minute in the end of pattis call.

If the 0.5 speed is close to real time it would mean that Kyle, Steven and Cassie are killed within the time of the call.

The time spent in the library on the 0.5 speed is 5 minutes and in the video it says 7 minutes but since there are no precise timestamps or anything I think 0.5 speed is pretty accurate anyways..

If this is correct then it seems like Eric saying "Heeey" is right before Dylan kills Kyle, this makes sense because I remember witnesses saying they heard that. It seems the "Peekaboo" was then directed at Steven and the "That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" was directed att Cassie.

Does anyone have info to back this up or ruin this theory?  Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 5:21 pm

slippy123 wrote:
I never heard about the gas lines being turned on. I do know they thew a Molotov in a science closet or something of the sort that started a fire that a teacher eventually put out.

They had tried to cause an explosion by turning on the gas lines and likely tossed the Molotov cocktail at it. Thankfully it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 2:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

They had tried to cause an explosion by turning on the gas lines and likely tossed the Molotov cocktail at it. Thankfully it didn't work.

The Molotov was thrown into a closet, I'm sure someone can post the 11k section where this was explained, I've seen it before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 2:56 pm

slippy123 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

The Molotov was thrown into a closet, I'm sure someone can post the 11k section where this was explained, I've seen it before.

Either way they were trying to cause an explosion, which is why they turned on the gas lines in the first place.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 7:34 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Either way they were trying to cause an explosion, which is why they turned on the gas lines in the first place.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Contribution Points : 60459

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Watching this video really reinforces how scatterbrained this whole attack really was. They make so many mistakes. It's frightening to realize how easy the death toll could've been much higher with just slightly better decision making by both boys.

The decision to start immediately shooting outside was a costly one. Yeah they got a couple 'money shots' but it lets the entire school know something odd is happening while both boys are at a distance. By the time they get inside the school, the 'pool' of thousands of potential victims is now spreading out.

The shooting of Sanders a huge waste of time, no offense to him or his family. Chasing down this one person right after entering the school another costly mistake. The adrenaline rush is thankfully impacting both boys decision making. On the other hand, its also obvious the way he tracked Sanders helped lead to the decision to enter the library where the real horror begins.

They're simply winging it at this point.

The post-library phase of the attack which was the longest portion of the attack has always been an oddity. The adrenaline high is clearly gone and the massacre is over. Due to the nature of their action and movements we will never know exactly what they were doing, why they were doing it, or what they were saying.

Lizpuff wrote:

I think it was mostly due to Eric's arrogance.  I think he thought he was a master bomb maker.  I don't think the thought of the bombs failing ever entered his head
My feelings are the exact opposite. I think they were both smart enough to know the chances of those bombs exploding were minimal at best, which is why they so quickly moved forward with the shooting.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Tracy wrote:

Watching this video really reinforces how scatterbrained this whole attack really was. They make so many mistakes. It's frightening to realize how easy the death toll could've been much higher with just slightly better decision making by both boys.

The decision to start immediately shooting outside was a costly one. Yeah they got a couple 'money shots' but it lets the entire school know something odd is happening while both boys are at a distance. By the time they get inside the school, the 'pool' of thousands of potential victims is now spreading out.

The shooting of Sanders a huge waste of time, no offense to him or his family. Chasing down this one person right after entering the school another costly mistake. The adrenaline rush is thankfully impacting both boys decision making. On the other hand, its also obvious the way he tracked Sanders helped lead to the decision to enter the library where the real horror begins.

The post-library phase of the attack which was the longest portion of the attack has always been an oddity. The adrenaline high is clearly gone and the massacre is over. Due to the nature of their action and movements we will never know exactly what they were doing, why they were doing it, or what they were saying.

Lizpuff wrote:

I think it was mostly due to Eric's arrogance.  I think he thought he was a master bomb maker.  I don't think the thought of the bombs failing ever entered his head
My feelings are the exact opposite. I think they were both smart enough to know the chances of those bombs exploding were minimal at best, which is why they so quickly moved forward with the shooting.

I agree with the first part almost to a tee. I think they knew that there was a good chance the bombs might not go off, but their arrogance got the best of them, which is why they didn't really have a through plan B. Once the bombs failed, they should of came into the cafeteria through the side doors and started spraying into the crowd of 400+ kids. Maybe they were scared they would be overtaken or rushed by kids, which I doubt would of happened. It's human instinct to run once you see a shooter or hear gunshots. Thankfully they didn't do what I said because the casualties would of probably been tripled. As you stated, the fact they started shooting outside gave a huge portion of the school a chance to escape before they even entered.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 2:59 pm

[quote="slippy123"]
Tracy wrote:

Lizpuff wrote:

I agree with the first part almost to a tee. I think they knew that there was a good chance the bombs might not go off, but their arrogance got the best of them, which is why they didn't really have a through plan B. Once the bombs failed, they should of came into the cafeteria through the side doors and started spraying into the crowd of 400+ kids. Maybe E&D were scared they would be overtaken or rushed by kids, which I doubt would of happened, but who knows their thought process. It's human instinct to run once you see a shooter or hear gunshots. Thankfully they didn't do what I said because the casualties would of probably been tripled. As you stated, the fact they started shooting outside gave a huge portion of the school a chance to escape before they even entered the school, so in hindsight their actions at the start of the massacre saved kids in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Contribution Points : 60459

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 4:12 pm

slippy123 wrote:

Once the bombs failed, they should of came into the cafeteria through the side doors and started spraying into the crowd of 400+ kids.
Yes...it's the logical place to start the attack not just for the fact the bombs were placed there but also timing wise.

I've always wondered if there was a specific 'trigger' outside that caused an instant change. FBI profilers like Douglas and Ressler have said that a killer(s) is revealing something about themselves and their crime by their choice of victim(s), especially the first victim, even if only accidentally or subconsciously.

Columbine overall is random when it comes to victims but a case could be made for the possibility that the victims outside were not as random as it appears on the surface. They took great risk by kicking things off outside, there has to be a reason why even if we never get to know that reason.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Tracy wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Once the bombs failed, they should of came into the cafeteria through the side doors and started spraying into the crowd of 400+ kids.
Yes...it's the logical place to start the attack not just for the fact the bombs were placed there but also timing wise.

I've always wondered if there was a specific 'trigger' outside that caused an instant change. FBI profilers like Douglas and Ressler have said that a killer(s) is revealing something about themselves and their crime by their choice of victim(s), especially the first victim, even if only accidentally or subconsciously.

Columbine overall is random when it comes to victims but a case could be made for the possibility that the victims outside were not as random as it appears on the surface. They took great risk by kicking things off outside, there has to be a reason why even if we never get to know that reason.

I think it was a mixture of rage and not having a thorough plan b. I can imagine that when the bombs failed, a wave of anger probably rushed through both of them, as most likely their arrogance made them think the bombs would go off without incident. Thus they probably thought "fuck it", the bombs didn't explode so let's just start this shit right here by shooting at anyone in the vicinity, which in hindsight saved alot of students.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Quote :

I am not sure. Eric did so many tests with pipe bombs and other explosives to see what blew the best and fastest but he never tested his actual bombs. Was it due to running out of time? Did he think they would work because he was so great at bragging about his explosives skills? Or did Eric know that he actually sucked at bombs so he gave up?

My thought is that if he truly thought he sucked he would have given up that part of the plan and worked harder on a Plan B. As it was they had nothing. They ran around like deer in headlights not knowing what to do. As such their victim count suffered. As slippy stated they could have just run into the commons guns blazing but instead they took shots at a handful of kids in the yard giving a lot of potential victims time to run and hide.

The fact that they had no other plan shows me that they really thought the original plan was going to work fine

slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Quote :

I am not sure.  Eric did so many tests with pipe bombs and other explosives to see what blew the best and fastest but he never tested his actual bombs.  Was it due to running out of time?  Did he think they would work because he was so great at bragging about his explosives skills? Or did Eric know that he actually sucked at bombs so he gave up?

My thought is that if he truly thought he sucked he would have given up that part of the plan and worked harder on a Plan B.  As it was they had nothing.  They ran around like deer in headlights not knowing what to do.  As such their victim count suffered.  As slippy stated they could have just run into the commons guns blazing but instead they took shots at a handful of kids in the yard giving a lot of potential victims time to run and hide.  

The fact that they had no other plan shows me that they really thought the original plan was going to work fine

Exactly Liz! There were 400+ students who were sitting ducks 100 feet away in the cafeteria, yet they decided to shoot randomly outside even wasting time trying to hit kids 100's of yards away out on the sports fields. If they had a thorough plan b, or even thought things through more clearly they could have easily killed dozens of students in 30 seconds. That clearly shows to me that their arrogance got the best of them, which in turn saved alot of kids that day, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Quote :

I am not sure.  Eric did so many tests with pipe bombs and other explosives to see what blew the best and fastest but he never tested his actual bombs.  Was it due to running out of time?  Did he think they would work because he was so great at bragging about his explosives skills? Or did Eric know that he actually sucked at bombs so he gave up?

My thought is that if he truly thought he sucked he would have given up that part of the plan and worked harder on a Plan B.  As it was they had nothing.  They ran around like deer in headlights not knowing what to do.  As such their victim count suffered.  As slippy stated they could have just run into the commons guns blazing but instead they took shots at a handful of kids in the yard giving a lot of potential victims time to run and hide.  

Agreed. I do think Eric was just that arrogant. Also with as much time, money, and effort he wasted on the explosives, I fully believe he expected them to work.

In my opinion if Eric had any real doubts then he would have planned for them accordingly. The fact they went with a rushed and hasty plan B is just more proof that they thought the bombs would work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.    Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video of Eric and Dylan's exact movements during the massacre.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next