Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's parents reactions on 4/20

Go down 
+3
Littlelo
Ericishuman
Screamingophelia
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:00 am

In Jeff Kass's book page 221, he writes that Officer Wheeldon wrote down in his report, "Neither Mr. nor Mrs. Harris appeared upset or surprised of what was happening"

With all we know of Wayne, him having a poker face and showing no real reaction is about right. His Military background would have provided him the means of trying to control himself even under such stress.  But I'm having some trouble believing that Kathy was standing there stone faced as well.

Almost anytime Kathy is mentioned in the other Columbine related books, she has always been portrayed as the emotional type. She reportedly teared up and was about to cry when confronted by Judy Brown about Eric's behavior concerning Brooks. Which paled in comparison to what she had just learned about her son.

So unless this woman was so deeply in shock that she couldn't function, I just can't picture her showing no emotion when faced with the fact that her child had killed people and then committed suicide. As a mom myself, this just seemed strange to me.

The Harris's reactions or lack there of also seems to be the reason many think they were hiding something or even possibly knew that Eric was a danger to others and didn't act on it.

Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 am

I'm torn because the time that Wayne called 911 vs when the police showed up at the house vs when they showed up at the Klebolds have always seemed odd.

When it comes to Kathy I honestly think she was in such shock. They returned home to find Eric's journals , videotapes, pipe bombs and the smell of gas. She was probably to use Eric's words, shocked beyond belief.

Did the police talk to Kevin or Byron? I assume they did.

You are right though whenever I read a book and Kathy's mention she's always teary-eyed or weeping.

It sounds like from AMR Sue tried to be very logical when talking to the police but she cried into a dish towel before they arrived.

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I'm torn because the time that Wayne called 911 vs when the police showed up at the house vs when they showed up at the Klebolds have always seemed odd.

When it comes to Kathy I honestly think she was in such shock.   They returned home to find Eric's journals , videotapes, pipe bombs and the smell of gas. She was probably to use Eric's words,  shocked beyond belief.

Did the police talk to Kevin or Byron?  I assume they did.  

You are right though whenever I read a book and Kathy's mention she's always teary-eyed or weeping.

It sounds like from AMR Sue tried to be very logical when talking to the police but she cried into a dish towel before they arrived.

Yeah the timeline has never made sense. I have always wondered if the 911 call was made before or after they had checked the house to see why the hell it reeked of gas, which likely would mean they had looked down in the basement as well.

But I can't tell by the 911 call if Wayne already knew Eric was involved or not. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ericishuman

Contribution Points : 59949
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:50 am

I wonder if they had any life insurance policies in Eric's name
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:56 am

I often wonder if they were playing their cards close to the vest because they didn't want to be judged for any emotion by law enforcement. If they broke down they would be admitting they accepted his involvement before they had all the information. I don't think they wanted to give up anything to investigators, information-wise or emotion-wise.

Just a theory !
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:58 am

I can't either. Tom sounds strained and tired to me when he called.

I get the vibe Sue and Tom didn't know the TCM was a thing.

Wayne did, I assume from Eric and Chris Morris.

I would love a better timeline for that morning regarding the Harris's. I think Dylan left the house around 5/5:30.

I'm hoping they were being stoic and strong. I think the Harris's seem more guilt since they've never spoken out.

Only a few more years until the depositions... I fear that may be the next crop of evidence released

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

Ericishuman wrote:

I don't know! Dylan had one I think from his grandmother
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

Littlelo wrote:
I often wonder if they were playing their cards close to the vest because they didn't want to be judged for any emotion by law enforcement. If they broke down they would be admitting they accepted his involvement before they had all the information. I don't think they wanted to give up anything to investigators, information-wise or emotion-wise.

Just a theory !

I can get behind that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Ericishuman wrote:

I don't know! Dylan had one I think from his grandmother

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! But I think they used the money from that to pay legal fees, or restitution to the victims families. scratch
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 am

Does anyone else think Wayne called 911 more to get information than to provide it? It's bizarre because he pretty much revealed that he believed Eric could be involved, but I think at that point he just wanted to know what was going on with his son and if he was still alive (hence him asking if they "picked anyone up yet").
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 am

Littlelo wrote:
Does anyone else think Wayne called 911 more to get information than to provide it? It's bizarre because he pretty much revealed that he believed Eric could be involved, but I think at that point he just wanted to know what was going on with his son and if he was still alive (hence him asking if they "picked anyone up yet").

That is a possibility. The calmness of both Wayne's and Tom's 911 calls are weird to me. I would have been out of my mind. Which is likely why Sue or Kathy were not the ones to make the calls.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:13 am

Ericishuman wrote:

I don't think you can collect life insurance on someone whose committed suicide.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Ericishuman wrote:

I don't think you can collect life insurance on someone whose committed suicide.

The Klebolds did with Dylan. In AMR Sue said the payout paid for her first bill to Gary Lozo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:26 am

Sue states in her book that Dylan had two policies that were paid out after he died.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Only a few more years until the depositions...

That will be a wild day for sure. You know there will be some die hard Columbiners call sick into work or take a vacation day JUST to stay home for it! Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Only a few more years until the depositions...

That will be a wild day for sure. You know there will be some die hard Columbiners call sick into work or take a vacation day JUST to stay home for it! Haha

Heck yes. We will have the information, analysis and gifs before lunch lol
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ericishuman wrote:

The Klebolds did with Dylan. In AMR Sue said the payout paid for her first bill to Gary Lozo

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Sue states in her book that Dylan had two policies that were paid out after he died.

Strange. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Mojo11

Contribution Points : 55429
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 2:56 pm

I thought they used money from their home insurance.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Mojo11 wrote:
I thought they used money from their home insurance.

I think that was Robyn
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Quote :

I once looked this up (in regards to E&D) and it seems that's usually only for the first couple of years after taking the policy out.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Conspiracy theorists be like:" false flag "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric's parents reactions on 4/20   Eric's parents reactions on 4/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's parents reactions on 4/20
Page 1 of 1