Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+5
23september
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
Littlelo
Guest83142
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 70823
Forum Reputation : 163

Empty
PostSubject:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 pm

How would Eric be able to do that? Dylan was nearly a foot taller than Eric.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 90

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

While I don't believe this is plausible, as I've mentioned before Dylan would likely try to paint Eric as the evil mastermind to soften the blow of his legal repercussions. But at the same time, as the only living perpetrator people would want to see him punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Littlelo wrote:
While I don't believe this is plausible, as I've mentioned before Dylan would likely try to paint Eric as the evil mastermind to soften the blow of his legal repercussions. But at the same time, as the only living perpetrator people would want to see him punished to the fullest extent of the law.

It is funny how people paint Eric as the physically dominate one as well, Dylan's height and build would be an advantage over Eric. Granted he was emaciated by NBK but look at his DL photo and the RNN interview, he was pretty built.

I imagine they would try to use Dylan's depression and his magical thinking as proof that he wasn't in his right mind and that Eric manipulated him into doing this with him.

They'd probably make him wear his glasses, give him a haircut and tell him to look down the whole time so he would look sad. In the end he would probably find a way to kill himself and that's that.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 64339
Forum Reputation : 0

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Man, that is the darkest thing I have ever imagined. pale

I think he would just become completely apathic and just wait around for a chance to end it all. Maybe even hope for death penalty if he cant commit suicide in prison. I think for the sake of his family and friends he might portray Eric as more responsible for the attack but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 1:44 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Man, that is the darkest thing I have ever imagined.  pale

I think he would just become completely apathic and just wait around for a chance to end it all. Maybe even hope for death penalty if he cant commit suicide in prison. I think for the sake of his family and friends he might portray Eric as more responsible for the attack but that's about it.

He could even say Eric threatened him so he kept having to play along.. hence his behavior on the BT, yearbook messages and how he acted at the school that day.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66790
Forum Reputation : 50

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:44 pm

feels like it'd be more the other way around?
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm

23september wrote:

The only way I could see Dylan "betraying" Eric is by committing suicide alone before NBK.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Littlelo wrote:
23september wrote:

The only way I could see Dylan "betraying" Eric is by committing suicide alone before NBK.

I agree. I know there's been talk about Dylan not really caring about Eric as a friend, but there's little things that Robyn said about Dylan making sure people got together for Eric's 18th birthday so he had a nice party and Dylan's 7 pages to Eric in his junior yearbook that show Dylan did value him as a person... I think that would be the only way Dylan would betray him.

I think by the end even if Marla Faust, who was supposedly one of his dream girls, showed up at his doorstep on April 19 to show him a good time and profess her undying love to him, he was so far gone and so motivated by NBK he would say no.

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:59 pm

I agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Back to top Go down
23september

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 am

Littlelo wrote:
23september wrote:

I don't know about that, the Dylan the day of the massacre seemed like a completely different person as to who he was before. He had nothing holding him back, and unleashed whatever demons he had restrained. He was really mean for a lack of better words, and not because of the killing, but because of the way he did it.

I do think about if they got into any bigger arguments than the one that supposedly happened with John Savage. They had killed so many, what's keeping him from turning on Eric? Dylan was gonna kill himself any way, I think most of us agree on NBK being mostly a suicide for him. He didn't care about anything anymore, only doing damage and not really caring about if they failed (he barely participated in the planning and making of it, while Eric fought for the guns and such). For Eric, this was his whole life, what he choose to dedicate his mind to. And it failed, making him very disappointed in himself. I doubt Eric would've turned on Dylan, while I can see the potential of Dylan doing it simply because why not/who cares, just another person dead/another person I screwed over before dying.

Also, during the last tape with Eric seeming more apologetic, taking more time to say his goodbyes, while Dylan just wanted to go away and do it. I think it shows how little Dylan cared, he just wanted to go out there and finally just not care about anything and letting go

just some ramblings, I'm real sleep deprived so hopefully most of it makes sense?

Last edited by 23september on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed unnecessary word)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am

23september wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
23september wrote:

I don't know about that, the Dylan the day of the massacre seemed like a completely different person as to who he was before. He had nothing holding him back, and unleashed whatever demons he had restrained. He was really mean for a lack of better words, and not because of the killing, but because of the way he did it.

I do think about if they got into any bigger arguments than the one that supposedly happened with John Savage. They had killed so many, what's keeping him from turning on Eric? Dylan was gonna kill himself any way, I think most of us agree on NBK being mostly a suicide for him. He didn't care about anything anymore, only doing damage and not really caring about if they failed (he barely participated in the planning and making of it, while Eric fought for the guns and such). For Eric, this was his whole life, what he choose to dedicate his mind to. And it failed, making him very disappointed in himself. I doubt Eric would've turned on Dylan, while I can see the potential of Dylan doing it simply because why not/who cares, just another person dead/another person I screwed over before dying.

Also, during the last tape with Eric seeming more apologetic, taking more time to say his goodbyes, while Dylan just wanted to go away and do it. I think it shows how little Dylan cared, he just wanted to go out there and finally just not care about anything and letting go

just some ramblings, I'm real sleep deprived so hopefully most of it makes sense?

Dylan is interesting. I wonder how much his friends knew, not about his planning NBK of course but about his anger issues, about how depressed he was... maybe in hindsight they see it but it's hard for me to believe that one day Dylan was this happy go lucky goofy kid and then he kills 13 people with his friend the next day.

I know Nate and Zach said a few things about his mood and what not, and Zach was in French with him and they did cause some problems and were a bit disorderly. Zach had no love loss of Dylan, but he did go to his funeral. I think a lot of what Zach said was out of anger I'm sure.

Devon drawings guns on his birthday card shows me that they knew he at least had an interest in firearms, which for the area is not odd.

I think Dylan wanted to be detached towards the end. He avoided his parents a lot that weekend, refusing family dinners and he probably didn't want to see his mom before he left that Tuesday, she would have known something was up.

Another reason I would love to see at least the goodbye message is because while Dylan doesn't say a lot, it would be interesting to see his facial expression and tone of voice. Was he cold? Sue said in AMR that he wasn't. She said there wasn't any of the bravado, nastiness or sarcasm.

I could see Dylan shooting Eric on accident. He wasn't one for gun safety or accuracy and with his mindset being what it was that day it is plausable. I'm sure that would have created a very different outcome.

I guess Dylan was playing around with a loaded gun in the BT too. Though I don't think I have confirmed that for sure.

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:20 pm

"I could see Dylan shooting Eric on accident. He wasn't one for gun safety or accuracy and with his mindset being what it was that day it is plausable. I'm sure that would have created a very different outcome. "

How do you think it would change the outcome?

How would Eric react?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
"I could see Dylan shooting Eric on accident. He wasn't one for gun safety or accuracy and with his mindset being what it was that day it is plausable. I'm sure that would have created a very different outcome. "

How do you think it would change the outcome?  

How would Eric react?

First would it be before or after he broke his nose?

I assume Eric would be pissed off, it also depends on where Eric got shot. If he hit an artery and started bleeding out, Eric would be dead pretty quickly I assume.

Could anyone in the library have then tackled one of them? I know people love to ask why the kids in the library didn't jump them, so that question is for them ;)

Would Dylan have put Eric out of his misery and killed himself right after?

I wonder too if Dylan would have been embarrassed, accidentally shooting Eric. This was his final fuck you and curtain call to his awful life that he hated. First the bombs didn't go off then he accidentally shot his friend. He felt embarrassment to his core and already felt unworthy, underneath all of his "godlike' feelings.

I try not to laugh at the absurdity of Eric breaking his nose and Dylan asking "why did you do that?" Between Eric's face full of blood and Dylan being his angry, sadistic clown self that had to have been terrifying.

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:38 pm

I am mostly interested in what would have happened if Eric got shot by Dylan in his arm or foot or something that doesn't kill him right away. How mad would he get and how much time would he spend yelling at Dylan when he knows both of them is gonna be dead soon anyways, and would Dylan waste time saying he's sorry or would he just be like get over it and keep going.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
I am mostly interested in what would have happened if Eric got shot by Dylan in his arm or foot or something that doesn't kill him right away. How mad would he get and how much time would he spend yelling at Dylan when he knows both of them is gonna be dead soon anyways, and would Dylan waste time saying he's sorry or would he just be like get over it and keep going.

Eric would scream at him more than likely, probably for a minute until Dylan told him to shut up and get back to the task at hand. Dylan was pretty good at shrugging off Eric's outbursts. A day like 4/20 he probably would have less patience for Eric's anger issues. Case in point when he yelled at Dylan at soccer, then when Eric jumped out of the car to yell at the girl who hit Dylan's car and Dylan simply said "get back in the car" and he listened.

They only actually got into a fight for a couple of days from what their old boss said, and stopped speaking to each other, other than that they always seemed to get along.

Dylan didn't seem big on fighting with friends, he ignored Devon for a week but then they made up. I would love to know what she said to him, she said it was bad and something she shouldn't have said.. though with Dylan it could have been anything... he was sensitive.
Back to top Go down
23september

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Gah that's why we need the BT, the dynamics!!
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 59783

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 10:29 am

More's the question what if Dylan betrayed Eric. Out of the two of them, I would assume it would have been Dylan that would rat Eric out. Especially after the whole Brooks Brown thing.
Back to top Go down
23september

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 3:14 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
More's the question what if Dylan betrayed Eric. Out of the two of them, I would assume it would have been Dylan that would rat Eric out. Especially after the whole Brooks Brown thing.

do you mean the "dylan rated eric out"? I thought it wasn't him who told him?
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 59783

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 1:44 pm

23september wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

do you mean the "dylan rated eric out"? I thought it wasn't him who told him?

Apparently Dylan handed Brooks a slip of paper that had the web address of all Eric's threats and rantings.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 66358

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm

That’s the story that Brooks tells but it was actually Brooks brother who found the website and showed it to Brooks.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83962
Forum Reputation : 698

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Ainjel wrote:
That’s the story that Brooks tells but it was actually Brooks brother who found the website and showed it to Brooks.
How was this confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 66358

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm

From School Shooter Info.
The “torn scrap paper” also attached to the 1997 Directed Report with a paperclip was shown to both of them. Randy and Judy both identified the writing on the “scrap” as being the writing of their sons, Brooks and Aaron Brown. Brooks Brown wrote the top portion and Aaron wrote the bottom portion. Again it was there believe [sic] that the “scrap” was turned in to Deputy M. Miller on March 18, 1998.
4. The Browns told us that on March 17, 1998 Brooks Brown came home from school (Columbine) with the “torn scrap paper” saying that someone at school told him that he needed to get onto the web site because their [sic] was something that he had to see.

This goes on to say that Brooks says Dylan told him about the website but...

On August 7, 1997 Aaron Brown made an anonymous report as a concerned citizen about Eric Harris webpage.  A report came out with this information but didn’t reveal Aaron’s name.  However, after this complaint was made, that afternoon dispatch was called to the Browns home within 45 minutes of the complain being made.  This was also found on the School Shooter Info.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 7:14 am

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42924
Forum Reputation : 53

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Why would Eric do something like that?

Guest83142 and Raposa like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: