Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dan Lab punching incident

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102553
Forum Reputation : 0

Dan Lab punching incident Empty
PostSubject: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Anyone have any information regarding the incident between Dan Lab and Eric Harris. It had something to do with Dan punching Eric in the face, but I can't find any information regarding why it happened in the first place.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102787
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

On page (10720) of the 11k Kristi Epling stated that she knew "Eric has been angry with two sophomores Dan Lab and his friend Brandon Larson..." "Lab had apparently punched Eric in the face in 1998." She mentions not finding out about the incident until November / December '98 when she was dating Lab "In talking with Eric around then, Eric mentioned the fight." There is no mention here as to why this incident occurred.

This incident is also mentioned on page (12995) in the class notes passed between Kristi and Eric. Eric mentions "He will always be under the (fun??) and in the sights since he hit me in the face, even though it didn't hurt at all." Eric says "I will always be pissed at him and his dick head friend." I presume he's talking about Lab and Larson here?? He says if they want off (his hit list) "tell them to show some fuckin' respect to their elders (me and dylan) and never make another smart ass remark about (can't read this bit) to us." On the same page as part of the same conversation Eric mentions someone who always makes fun him so telling him to "shut the fuck up about it" he also mentions yelling at the same person after they had come up to him and said "what's up" in his little smart ass tone."

I'm not sure where else the incident is mentioned, to me it sounds like it was possibly a case of comments being made to Eric him responding and eventually getting hit.

I would have quoted the whole bit but i have real trouble reading Erics handwriting.

Back to top Go down
Lifetime

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Strange how Dan Lab never mention his encounter with Eric in the statements he made for the 11k. I wonder if he was trying to hid it, maybe because of guilt or he thought he might get into trouble for it?

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, i always thought there were people who possibly had some kind of negative interactions with Eric and/or Dylan prior to the shooting, to be fair as some some do in high school.
But then either played it down or just didn't mention it at all. Like you said through guilt / fear of getting in to trouble and drawing attention to themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Didn't they fight over a girl?
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Ivan wrote:

I don't think so. With the information Queen gave us it seems like it had something to do with "a smart ass remark."

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm

The only fall out over a girl i remembered was with Eric and Nate Dykeman mentioned here:
"Dykeman had a falling out with Harris over a girl Nathan was dating in January." From this site
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The quote is near the bottom of the page

But the Dan Lab incident just sounds to me like an exchange of insults / "smart ass remarks" that resulted in Eric getting hit. But I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 am

Lifetime wrote:
Ivan wrote:

I don't think so. With the information Queen gave us it seems like it had something to do with "a smart ass remark."
OK, that must be a rumor.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101463
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 am

queenfarooq wrote:
The only fall out over a girl i remembered was with Eric and Nate Dykeman mentioned here:
"Dykeman had a falling out with Harris over a girl Nathan was dating in January." From this site

But the Dan Lab incident just sounds to me like an exchange of insults / "smart ass remarks" that resulted in Eric getting hit. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, maybe as these two incidents were discussed by people throughout the years, the details became mixed up.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Yeah, maybe as these two incidents were discussed by people throughout the years, the details became mixed up.

I think so, it's so easily done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Lab punching incident   Dan Lab punching incident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan Lab punching incident
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: