Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"

Go down 
+4
James411
sororityalpha
QuestionMark
aperiogaming
8 posters
AuthorMessage
aperiogaming

Contribution Points : 58403
Forum Reputation : 0

School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Empty
PostSubject: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

It's literally your job.

Is this another similarity to Columbine?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Empty
PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 pm

aperiogaming wrote:
It's literally your job.

Is this another similarity to Columbine?

I'd call it Murphy's Law in action. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Fight, Flight, or Freeze.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85264
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

I am not a police officer,but police are not going to go in immediately, they have to access the situation, I mean it would not be smart to rush toward gunfire.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

Contribution Points : 56630

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm

I dont know guys. This man was close to retirement and was one man with one pistol going up against a semi automatic AR 15 and combat armor. Supposedly 2 months from retirement and he would have lost his life almost certainly. He was guilt-tripped into resigning 2 months from retirement No

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
I dont know guys. This man was close to retirement and was one man with one pistol going up against a semi automatic AR 15 and combat armor. Supposedly 2 months from retirement and he would have lost his life almost certainly. He was guilt-tripped into resigning 2 months from retirement No  

Somehow I still lack any sympathy for the guy.

Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 4:24 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:

Somehow I still lack any sympathy for the guy.

I find it hard to believe that so many people would really run into AR15 fire with no armor and only a pistol lol. scratch

He's a security guard, not a fucking trained soldier.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 4:26 pm

But i see everyones point of view. It's still cowardice ..

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 58404
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Turns out there was 4 officers there and they still didn't go in. Reminds me of columbine alot. confused
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that so many people would really run into AR15 fire with no armor and only a pistol lol. scratch 

It's his job to put his life on the line for the people in that school. If we were talking about a random civilian with a gun I'd understand, but this guy was literally hired to protect people and he failed.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 am

I understand it. He was armed with only a pistol against a guy with an AR15. If he was with other officers he probably would've tried to stop Cruz.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
I understand it. He was armed with only a pistol against a guy with an AR15. If he was with other officers he probably would've tried to stop Cruz.

IIRC there were other officers who arrived and they sat outside as well. Not a good picture that's being painted here.

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Stoneman Douglas' resource officer radioed about gunfire in 1200 building but didn't go inside

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The armed resource officer for Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who didn't enter the building where an active shooting was taking place said through his attorney that he thought the shots were coming from outside. But in dispatch audio of the incident, he said he had heard that it was "by, inside the 1200 building."

The discrepancy was revealed in an updated timeline and dispatch audio of the Florida school shooting released Thursday by the Broward County Sheriff's office.

Broward County Deputy Scot Peterson, who worked as the school's resource officer, was publicly shamed by Sheriff Scott Israel and President Donald Trump in the aftermath of the February 14 massacre that left 17 students and teachers dead.

Israel told reporters that when he saw video of Peterson staying outside Building 1200 and never going in, it made him "sick to his stomach." Trump said Peterson "did a poor job" because he "didn't have the courage" to do what he was trained to do.

Peterson initially defended himself in a statement through his attorney by saying he'd received a call about "firecrackers" and that he didn't enter the building because he "believed those gunshots were originating from outside of any of the buildings on the school campus."

The release of a more detailed timeline of law enforcement operations comes days after Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered an investigation into the response to the deadly shooting at the Parkland school.

The latest timeline does corroborate Peterson's account about the reports of "firecrackers" but it contradicts his assertion that he thought the shots were being fired outside.

At 2:25 p.m., or about four minutes into the shooting, a deputy says over the radio "some students thought it was firecrackers, but we're not sure, by the football fields."

Peterson responds "We also heard it's by, inside the 1200 building."

"That contradicts the statement his attorney gave, that he didn't know where the shots were fired. After multiple gun shots you would have to know where the shots were coming from," said the head of the Broward County Sheriff's Deputies Association Jeff Bell.

CNN's calls to Peterson's attorney were not immediately returned. Peterson resigned after he was suspended without pay.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's active shooter protocol, if real-time intelligence exists and a sole deputy is on site, he "may" enter the structure to preserve life. It does not specify that the deputy "must" enter the structure.

Bell points out that Peterson also acted against everything deputies learn about an active shooter situation when he radios to responding officers to tell them to "stay at least 500 feet away" from the building.

"Our job is to eliminate the threat," Bell said.

Peterson commanded incident for a time

According to the timeline, Peterson was the commanding officer during this incident for more than 10 minutes, until a captain took command of the scene.

During the first two to three minutes, he radioed, "I need to shut down Stoneman Douglas, the intersection."

The first two Broward County Sheriff's deputies who arrived on scene, according to the timeline, appear to follow his instructions and block the west-bound and east-bound lanes of Holmberg Road, the street on the north side of the school.

More than six minutes into the incident, Peterson radios "make sure no one comes inside the school."

"Peterson is the eyes on the ground so it's appropriate for him to relay that information and direct responding personnel," Broward County Sheriff's Col. Jack Dale said, regarding Peterson's response.

While Bell said Peterson should have gone into the building to stop the shooter, he warned against passing judgment on the overall law enforcement response solely based on the recently released timeline and dispatch audio.

"All this is preliminary. Without getting all the radio transmissions, all the dispatch logs, it's premature," Bell said.
Back to top Go down
Sporttster

Sporttster

Contribution Points : 56591
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 5:41 am

Could have possibly saved lives had he gone in and confronted the shooter. Cruz may have ended himself had he known that there was fire coming back at him. They usually don't want to be confronted by another armed individual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"   School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School deputy resigns after admitting he "didn't have the courage to go in"
Page 1 of 1