Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived

Go down 
+3
UncontinuedProcess
InsaneIntruder
log_1987
7 posters
AuthorMessage
log_1987

log_1987

Contribution Points : 58056
Forum Reputation : 0

Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Empty
PostSubject: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 5:59 am

After researching a number of mass shootings, I've noticed a trend where those that were specifically targeted survived. Examples of specific targets that survived include Chun Mal-soon (Uiryeong Massacre 1982), Con Margelis (Queen Street Massacre 1987), Robert Bisig (Zug Massacre 2001), and Gabrielle Giffords (Tucson Shooting 2011). It's as if the ill-will towards them kept them safe.

Are there any other examples of survivors that were specifically targeted?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85978
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:59 am

Tracy Murphy, Arapahoe High School shooting. If I recall correctly he didn't even encounter Karl Pierson (the shooter) during the shooting, however Karl had came there specifically looking for Murphy and shouted "Where the fuck is Murphy?" while looking for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm

3 taxi drivers that Derrick Bird shot at were injured but survived, he also couldn't find another man he wanted to shoot dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm

I mean shit, do you consider Brooks browns to be a targeted survivor?
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67207
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Laura Black was one of Richard Farley's main targets but survived despite being wounded.
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 59006

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 3:41 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Laura Black was one of Richard Farley's main targets but survived despite being wounded.
Farley intended for Black to survive “Did you find out if Laura’s doing okay?… I hope she’s doing good. She can’t regret it if she doesn’t live."
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 59006

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Breivik intended to kill Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland

Pat Sherill (most likely) intended to kill one of the supervisors who reprimanded him the day prior.

Robert Steinhäuser intended to kill Headmistress Christiane Alt.

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 pm

D-FENS1993 wrote:
Breivik intended to kill Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland

Pat Sherill (most likely) intended to kill one of the supervisors who reprimanded him the day prior.

You mean former prime minister? Stoltenberg was the Norweigen PM in 2011

Postman Pat from Oklahoma. Smile
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120528
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Population Control wrote:
I mean shit, do you consider Brooks browns to be a targeted survivor?

I wonder who among Eric and Dylan's "shit lists" survived.

DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29703
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 am

Do mass shooters who planned to kill themselves but ran out of bullets count?

Amokauliflower and Kaynhyde dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15896
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 12:13 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
Do mass shooters who planned to kill themselves but ran out of bullets count?

Not really, just other people they couldn't locate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived   Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Specific Targets of Mass Shootings That Survived
Page 1 of 1