Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc

Go down 
+11
Wumselito
Oldmare
QuestionMark
munchkinphone
MysteryMan
Screamingophelia
runreilly
Lunkhead McGrath
Lizpuff
rebootoX
EthanEmerson
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 82034
Forum Reputation : 475

What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 am

There definitely are plenty of unanswered questions! Some I've never thought about until reading other people's responses...

I've always wondered how they came up with the idea, like who said what, was it presented as a joke to test the waters to see how the other person felt? Dylan wrote in his journal something like "maybe going NBK with Eric is a way to find relief" (last part is not a direct quote, I don't remember the exact words) but there was a definite point in time when Dylan was aware of the idea, and did not seem completely sold on the idea...

One question that has remained in my head for years is if Dylan was the one who called the school and said, "this is Eric Harris, there's a bomb in the building" - I was told this directly in person (phone call) by someone on the cafeteria team. He was telling me that the secretary who received that call was extremely shaken by this call. This was way early on in the investigation, within that first year or two. I have never read that in the testimony but there were tons of people who did not have testimony appear in the 11k! People who were at the school.

There was someone who saw Dylan on the payphone prior to the shooting, at about the same time that call supposedly came in.

It sounds cliche to paint Dylan as the kind of person who didn't really want to go through with it as much as Eric, but it's very clear that he wasn't in it for the same reasons as Eric.

I even studied the wounds received by the people they both shot and found that every single victim who died that was shot by both Eric and Dylan - Eric inflicted the mortal wounds while Dylan either inflicted wounds in extremities OR he shot them multiple times well after Eric had already shot them. Dylan technically only killed a few people. I will share my research on this in a different thread, but I dove into it to find out the truth and I was not surprised to see that he really only killed a couple people when you look at the actual wounds he inflicted.

Plus, he started shooting with his double barrel shotgun outside... from long range... sawed off, at that... that is not a smart move if you're aiming to kill as many people as possible. I think he just wanted to die and was willing to take out his rage on everyone else to make that happen, but he was still clearly reserved a bit compared to Eric.

I'd also love to know if any of their friends helped them build their pipe bomb arsenal. There were at least three of their friends who regularly made bombs with them. It was something their group did.

Another question I have is how the heck did Eric get to go pick up clips that he ordered in his father's name? Did they allow him to pick it up because he was 18 and it was supposedly for his father? By that logic, anyone could go in to pick up anyone else's clips as long as they were 18. What if that person had a criminal record and wasn't allowed to have ammo or guns?

So many unanswered questions is right!!
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59349
Forum Reputation : 0

What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 2:35 am

The clip question I think Eric ordered under his family name or account? Special orders the store would need personal info and contact #. He could have requested no calls bit that raises suspicions.

I read and article in a psychology magazine written by a DR thst did a thorough analysis about Dylan for Sue/ or Sue requested the information afterwards from the guy. He said a similar thing about Dylan that he fired less shots and less fatal shots. Dylan also let people go during the massacre. Eric didn't let anyone go unless he was with Dylan who did. At the same time though Dylan did participate in the planning and during the massacre.
Good questions!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 2:49 am

Oldmare wrote:
The clip question I think Eric ordered under his family name or account? Special orders the store would need personal info and contact #. He could have requested no calls bit that raises suspicions.

I read and article in a psychology magazine written by a DR thst did a thorough analysis about Dylan for Sue/ or Sue requested the information afterwards from the guy. He said a similar thing about Dylan that he fired less shots and less fatal shots.  Dylan also let people go during the massacre.  Eric didn't let anyone go unless he was with Dylan who did. At the same time though Dylan did participate in the planning and during the massacre.  
Good questions!

Do you have a link to that article?
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 3:23 am

Hmmmm

Last edited by EthanEmerson on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
I've always wondered how they came up with the idea, like who said what, was it presented as a joke to test the waters to see how the other person felt? Dylan wrote in his journal something like "maybe going NBK with Eric is a way to find relief" (last part is not a direct quote, I don't remember the exact words) but there was a definite point in time when Dylan was aware of the idea, and did not seem completely sold on the idea...

As much as I loathe the movie I'm Not Ashamed, I have to admit that the part at which I've timestamped this video is roughly how I imagine it was conceived:

Oldmare wrote:
Eric didn't let anyone go unless he was with Dylan who did. 

Eric let Brooks go.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:43 am

That's what I thought, too when I saw that clip. It's more realistic than anything.
Back to top Go down
Wumselito

Wumselito

Contribution Points : 64649

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 am

I would like to know what they thought during the last moments in the library before they blew their brains out. Did they think of anyone? Mom? Dad?
Did they look forward to killing themselves and were relieved to get it done, or was there even some dread/fear now that it was finally time to do it with no way out?
Was there regret?
What did they say to each other?

Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61861
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 11:22 am

I wonder as well if there is any paranormal activity that occurs on April 20th that no one in the school knows about (that is if they still have the full day off as a memorial day). If there is such a thing as ghosts, who would have chosen to stay behind and who would have moved on. Is the paranormal activity a blow by blow (excuse the pun) replay of the shooting or is it just the souls of the victim's returning each year and then going "home" as it were?
Back to top Go down
Heyheyhey

Heyheyhey

Contribution Points : 56403

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Wumselito wrote:
I would like to know what they thought during the last moments in the library before they blew their brains out. Did they think of anyone? Mom? Dad?
Did they look forward to killing themselves and were relieved to get it done, or was there even some dread/fear now that it was finally time to do it with no way out?
Was there regret?
What did they say to each other?

I am most curious about the time before they committed suicide. I wish I could have been in their heads in those final moments. I just want to know (as you said), what were they thinking. I especially want to know if they felt any sort of regret. Not towards their failed plan, but doing the whole thing to begin with. Gosh, it actually pains me not knowing.

I've always wondered that if they did Columbine in this modern time, would they like strap a go pro on themselves like police cams or something? To make an even bigger impact, though I would think those videos would never ever be released. A random question, but I do think about it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Eric didn't let anyone go unless he was with Dylan who did. 

Eric let Brooks go.[/quote]

I was thinking of once the massacre started. I've always thought he let Brooks because if he had killed him the plans for the day would be interrupted.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Do you have a link to that article?[/quote]

Here it is. An interesting article although it's doesn't mention what I thought. I was reading a lot of different articles and books that week. I'll check them to see if I can find who says it to Sue? I'm wondering if Kate Battan mentioned those things about Dylan during the massacre? Does anyone remember if she said that in Sue Klebolds book?

I tend to read multiple things at once so info sometimes overlaps... Probably not the best thing to do!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Wumselito wrote:
Oldmare wrote:
Does anyone have a list of all the books written about Columbine?

I've read:
Columbine by David
A Mothers Reckoning - Sue Klebolds
Rachel's Tears- Darrel Scott
No Easy Answers-Brook Brown

Any others?

Was the entire 911 call ever released? I've heard the main one and the one Valeen Schnurr was heard in.

Walking in Daniel's Shoes by Tom Mauser

Have you read Cassie's book. I did a LONG time ago. It was back when people thought Cassie died because she was Christian.

Also not a book of course but the movie Dawn Anna is about Lauren's mom and we don't know it is about Lauren until the end. I remember watching it and the camera pulls out while Lauren is getting out of the car and she has her blue and white jacket on and it has "Columbine' on the back and I'm like "NO!!!! It's Lauren Townsend' Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Do you have a link to that article?

Here it is. An interesting article although it's doesn't mention what I thought. I was reading a lot of different articles and books that week.  I'll check them to see if I can find who says it to Sue? I'm wondering if Kate Battan mentioned those things about Dylan during the massacre? Does anyone remember if she said that in Sue Klebolds book?

I tend to read multiple things at once so info sometimes overlaps... Probably not the best thing to do!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App[/quote]

Thank you!

Are you talking about the forgiveness line? I don't recall Sue saying anything about it in the book. Sue is right, Sue doesn't need forgiveness. Empathy and understanding- yes but forgiveness... I don't know that Sue's parenting created Dylan, I just reread a thread here where someone thought that Sue was very responsible for harming Dylan and creating this "monster"

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Hmmm. I don't think so. Sue was speaking to someone about Dylan's actions that day and the person replied that Dylan had let people go during the massacre as a way to comfort her may be? I'm thinking Kate but maybe someone else. I'll dig into it more...

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:24 pm

I don't think anyone is responsible for Dylan's actions that day but Dylan.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Hmmm. I don't think so.  Sue was speaking to someone about Dylan's actions that day and the person replied that Dylan had let people go during the massacre as a way to comfort her may be? I'm thinking Kate but maybe someone else.  I'll dig into it more...

Sent from Topic'it App

I feel like she found that out in October through Kate Battan... also many witnesses said that Dylan saw them and didn't shoot. Dylan and Eric had the "opportunity" to kill Val,John, Evan Todd and Bree but didn't. Then there is the leg straddling story. Dylan was reloading and was straddling a girls leg, he knew she was there and chose not to. I'm not sure if this was Dylan's humanity coming through (it may have been for someone like John Savage or Tim Kastle since Dylan knew and liked them) or playing god?
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 am

Leg straddling story?? I've never heard about that before.details please!!
In the article I just posted the link for he talks about how Dylan waa starting to disassociate from his well mind. The closer NBK came the more of a separation there was and thst dissociation. I'd like to think his humanity was creeping out. He was not determined to be a psychopath like Eric so he might have felt something. Then you wonder if he did feel something, enough for him to not be as aggressive as Eric with fatal shots and also letting people go...how could he have done it at all? He was more verbally abusive I have read, then Eric. If he was able to feel anything for the people he attacked then how could he go through it at all? Are we just hoping there was humanity there? I have not heard anything about Eric acting that way during the massacre.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 am

Oldmare wrote:
Leg straddling story?? I've never heard about that before.details please!!
In the article I just posted the link for he talks about how Dylan waa starting to disassociate from his well mind. The closer NBK came the more of a separation there was and thst dissociation. I'd like to think his humanity was creeping out. He was not determined to be a psychopath like Eric so he might have felt something. Then you wonder if he did feel something, enough for him to not be as aggressive as Eric with fatal shots and also letting people go...how could he have done it at all? He was more verbally abusive I have read, then Eric. If he was able to feel anything for the people he attacked then how could he go through it at all? Are we just hoping there was humanity there? I have not heard anything about Eric acting that way during the massacre.  

Dylan was particularly vicious with his words. You can hear him in the 911 call and that's not even the worse of it. It almost sounded like he was trying to sound like a bad guy in a movie.

Dylan wrote that he felt like his humanity was overtaken by an entity...

It was Jessica Holidays statement from the 11k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:28 am

Dylan was particularly vicious with his words. You can hear him in the 911 call and that's not even the worse of it. It almost sounded like he was trying to sound like a bad guy in a movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

Thanks! I've read part of that before. For some reason when you said straddle I pictured Dylan sitting on someone's leg...anyways...

Was anyone found with any stab wounds? I read over the autopsy reports but never found any mention of knife wounds.

Dylan was intelligent enough to see himself being separated from his sanity I think. He wasn't eating properly according to his weight loss and was consuming alcohol. That would set him up for possible diet deficiencies and the side effects that go along with those. Not a good mix. Those things alone will cause someone to feel "off" and mentally blurry and that's without a depressive disorder on top of it all.

So he was suffering a great deal and for whatever reason in his mind decided NBK and suicide was the only reason. Yet as abusive as he was verbally he only shot several victims after Eric did and let others go. Maybe he was over doing the verbal abuse to meet what by then had become Eric's expectations? Play up the rage like in TBT and other videos.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 am

Oldmare wrote:

Thanks! I've read part of that before. For some reason when you said straddle I pictured Dylan sitting on someone's leg...anyways...

Was anyone found with any stab wounds? I read over the autopsy reports but never found any mention of knife wounds.

Dylan was intelligent enough to see himself being separated from his sanity I think.  He wasn't eating properly according to his weight loss and was consuming alcohol. That would set him up for possible diet deficiencies and the side effects that go along with those. Not a good mix. Those things alone will cause someone to feel "off" and mentally blurry and that's without a depressive disorder on top of it all.  

So he was suffering a great deal and for whatever reason in his mind decided NBK and suicide was the only reason. Yet as abusive as he was verbally he only shot several victims after Eric did and let others go.  Maybe he was over doing the verbal abuse to meet what by then had become Eric's expectations? Play up the rage like in TBT and other videos.

Sent from Topic'it App[/quote]

No one was found with knife wounds.

That is a good point... I’m not entirely sure how Eric acted in the cafeteria, a witness says they heard a kid yell “I want to kill myself”
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 5:17 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Am I missing something here or is this passage from the 11k suggesting that it was Eric, not Dylan, who said that it would be fun to stab people?  scratch

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 12:35 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Am I missing something here or is this passage from the 11k suggesting that it was Eric, not Dylan, who said that it would be fun to stab people?  scratch

No, I read it too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc   What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your unanswered questions, curiosities, dilemmas, frustrations etc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next