Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?

Go down 
+3
fatlittleparasite
queenfarooq
MarmaladeSkies
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101416
Forum Reputation : 0

Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Empty
PostSubject: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Found this picture online that indicates Kelly's boyfriend was killed at Columbine on the same day and buried beside her. I'm guessing this would be Daniel Mauser since he was also buried at the same cemetery and they had their funerals together. The only other person buried there to my knowledge is Mathew Kechter.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102412
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 am

Yes Kelly Flemmings funeral was held the same day as Daniel Mausers.
I took the following quote from Daniel Mauser.com - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"The funeral Mass was held at 5:15 that evening, jointly with that of victim Kelly Fleming. When we entered the church, it was not raining. Just as the Mass began, the rain came. Near the end of the Mass, the two caskets were moved from one part of the church to another for the final prayers. Suddenly the rain stopped and the sun broke through and shone brightly through a window onto the two caskets. One could not help but be touched by the sight of that bright light on the caskets."

The following quote was taken from this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"A priest approaches the coffin bearing the body of Kelly Fleming during the funeral for Fleming and her boyfriend Daniel Mauser at a church 25 April 1999 in Littleton, Colorado. Fleming and Mauser were two of the victims of two heavily armed Colombine High School students who killed thirteen fellow students and a teacher before killing themselves in the school's compound 20 April 1999."

I have seen a couple of media sites that say Daniel was Kellys boyfriend but never anything official.
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97727
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Wow, that's the first time I've heard of that rumor. I haven't finished Walking in Daniel's Shoes yet, but you'd think Tom would have mentioned something about it.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't think they were boyfriend and girlfriend at all. I personally think they had the funerals together because the town needed to have so many funerals within a short amount of time that maybe the families decided to hold theirs together. And also that way the community didn't have to choose whose funeral to go to.

You have to take everything reporters say with a grain of salt. Half the time they have no idea what they're talking about.

Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96964

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:58 am

Doesn't Daniel's father say at the very beginning of Walking in Daniel's shoes that he relented to the idea of a joint funeral at the suggestion of his priest/pastor?

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97692

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Also, if they were boyfrind/girlfriend wouldn't they have been under the same table ?

Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:43 am

True fact. I always huddle under the same table with my girlfriend.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
mrc123

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Lol! Jay jay! But, really if I , or anyone was in that library and scared, wouldn't one cling close to those who they were closest to, as the girls under table #2?
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:55 pm

I think if a couple were to die in that sort of situation, there would have been a huge deal made about it. People love dramatic substories like that. I realize that Daniel and Kelly weren't popular in the widely used sense, but someone would have known they were dating and eventually their story would be romanticized as the most tragic tale of Columbine.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
mrc123

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:59 pm

True , they wOuld have been made out to be the real life Rose and Jack.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:32 pm

mrc123 wrote:
Lol! Jay jay!  But, really if I , or anyone was in that library and scared, wouldn't one cling close to those who they were closest to, as the girls under table #2?
;)
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 am

mrc123 wrote:
True , they wOuld have been made out to be the real life Rose and Jack.

Especially in that era. Then we'd have people complaining about how there was totally room under the table for both of them Razz
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

They were not dating. My older brother was friendly with Daniel they were in the same Confirmation group. I was at the funeral, it was a decision by the Archdiocese to hold one big funeral mass for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?   Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was Kelly Fleming's boyfriend?
Page 1 of 1