Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June Empty
PostSubject: Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June   Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 8:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The teenager accused of fatally shooting 17 at a Florida high school willl not be in court Friday as scheduled.

A status hearing on the murder and other charges facing 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz was scheduled for Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, but has been moved to June 21st.

No trial date has been set for Cruz, who could get the death penalty if convicted. His attorneys have said he would plead guilty in exchange for a life sentence.

I was hoping this trial would finally get started, but looks like this is gonna take a LONG time.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June   Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

The teenager accused of fatally shooting 17 at a Florida high school willl not be in court Friday as scheduled.

A status hearing on the murder and other charges facing 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz was scheduled for Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, but has been moved to June 21st.

No trial date has been set for Cruz, who could get the death penalty if convicted. His attorneys have said he would plead guilty in exchange for a life sentence.

I was hoping this trial would finally get started, but looks like this is gonna take a LONG time.

I imagine the delays are an attempt by the defense to wear down the prosecutors and get them to drop the death penalty. 

That or the court is not looking forward to the trial so they're moving the date.

PostSubject: Re: Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June   Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 2:51 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I imagine the delays are an attempt by the defense to wear down the prosecutors and get them to drop the death penalty. 

That or the court is not looking forward to the trial so they're moving the date.

It's hard to tell at this point. I couldn't find anything stating why it had been pushed back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June   Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Has Friday Hearing Moved to June
Page 1 of 1