Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244

avatar

Posts : 194
Contribution Points : 33784
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 18

PostSubject: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 pm

How badly was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1196
Contribution Points : 29243
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Start reading here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and in the process, you will be linked to several different threads that cover the topic of bullying. I'm sure that there are other threads on the forum as well, if you do a search for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4089
Contribution Points : 64613
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:20 pm

There is a thread that had all the bullying incidents from the 11 K I think.So you’ll definitely be able to find them and SSCC gave you a great place to start :-)

One thing I want to say about bullying. We also have to remember everyone is different. I think the tampon ketchup and a few other things was pretty horrible. However one person can handle bullying better than maybe another person can. Just like someone can tolerate someone yelling at them and another person is reduced to tears if Someone raises their voice.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just like someone can tolerate someone yelling at them and another person is reduced to tears if Someone raises their voice.

Agreed. Some people just have thicker skin. So something that would make one person ball like a baby, wouldn't have much effect on someone else.

Especially the ones that take the "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you" rhyme to heart.  BUT honestly words do hurt. Sometimes the after effects of verbal abuse can get buried in your head, on repeat, and lasting far longer then most physical attacks.

There is a reason some say the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body. You can break a person down with mere words faster then you can with your fists at times. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher73



Posts : 47
Contribution Points : 5269
Join date : 2018-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Especially the ones that take the "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you" rhyme to heart.  BUT honestly words do hurt. Sometimes the after effects of verbal abuse can get buried in your head, on repeat, and lasting far longer then most physical attacks.

I remember reading an article in which Nick Baumgart took issue with this proverb, saying that words can indeed cause a great deal of damage.

Reminds me of the story of the father who made his son hammer a nail into their wooden fence every time the boy lost his temper. Over time, the boy learned to control himself. His father then told him to remove a nail for every day that he was able to keep his cool. Eventually, all the nails had been removed.

The father then pointed to all the holes in the fence, and told his son that the fence would never be the same again. He said that angry words have a similar effect. You can apologize all you want, but your words will leave a mark.

Another saying that doesn't hold up is the one about forgiving and forgetting. You may be able to forgive someone, but good luck with the forgetting part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You can apologize all you want, but your words will leave a mark.

Another saying that doesn't hold up is the one about forgiving and forgetting. You may be able to forgive someone, but good luck with the forgetting part.


Very true on both.

After something is said there is no real way to take them back, or lessen the first impact of them. Also telling someone to just forget about something is more easily said then ever done.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher73



Posts : 47
Contribution Points : 5269
Join date : 2018-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After something is said there is no real way to take them back, or lessen the first impact of them. Also telling someone to just forget about something is more easily said then ever done.

To quote an expression that does hold up, "You can't unring a bell."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1519
Contribution Points : 25935
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 am

They were bullied bad enough to kill people.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After something is said there is no real way to take them back, or lessen the first impact of them. Also telling someone to just forget about something is more easily said then ever done.

To quote an expression that does hold up, "You can't unring a bell."

Exactly!

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4089
Contribution Points : 64613
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 pm

It is interesting, I posted something in a group about true crime (that post was not about Columbine, just true crime misconceptions in general) I got a bunch of people saying that a misconception about Columbine was that E & D were bullied, when I pressed them they either said because of Cullens books or because a friend of a friend said they weren't. They are local to the area I live in now. None of them went to CHS.

When I mentioned what others who knew them said and stuff from the 11k they conceded. One said she felt like it wasn't the ONLY reason, which I agreed with. I said I thought it was a contributing factor. Toxic school culture and bullying SHOULD be looked at and dealt with among other things.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: