Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Empty
PostSubject: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Richard Benjamin Smith was a 18 years old young man who was obsessed with the mass murders of Richard Speck and Charles Whitman, that greatly shocked the nation.
On the 12th of November 1966 he entered the Rose-Mar College of Beauty to kill people and become famous. At the College he forced five women and two children into a back room, lie down in a circle with their heads towards the center and killed 5 of them and wounded 2 with a gun.
The newspaper would call it "The wheel of death".
He even idolized figures such as Lee Harvey Oswald (Even if he really like president Kennedy) and Adolf Hitler.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120878
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I've heard a theory that Whitman himself was inspired to commit his murders after seeing the press attention Richard Speck got. Make of it what you will.

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92442
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 3:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've heard a theory that Whitman himself was inspired to commit his murders after seeing the press attention Richard Speck got. Make of it what you will.
Really? I've always thought it was Whitman's brain tumour that made him commit his shooting.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 71191
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Really? I've always thought it was Whitman's brain tumour that made him commit his shooting.

That was debunked decades ago.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92442
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Oh, I never knew that.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67557
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Source?
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43332
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2022 5:12 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Honestly, I think it was the brain tumor combined with intrusive homicidal thoughts, as well as PTSD. A lot of serial killers had some form of PTSD, and considering that the brain tumor was located right near the part of the brain that controls impulse control, as well as Whitman writing that he doesn't understand why he thought the way he did makes me think it was a cocktail of those three things that led him to do what he did.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter   Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richard Benjamin Smith: The first fame seeking pseudo-copycat shooter
Page 1 of 1