Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollybeth328

Contribution Points : 54875
Forum Reputation : 0

Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Empty
PostSubject: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 4:16 am

I’m doing my masters thesis on Columbine and I’d love to some pointers. There’s a lot of information to sort through online and so I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some good sites on Columbine. I know acolumbinesite.com and this are the obvious sites, but are there any other imformative site? I don’t mind if they’re tumblr pages, instagrams, etc. as long as there informational to some degree.

Also any non religious based documentaries and books you could recommend would be great.

Sorry if this is a repeat of past posts, I just thought it’d be helpful to me to have them in one post.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 4:38 am

Stay away from Cullen's book, I'll say that right now.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 4:44 am

QuestionMark wrote:

Read A Mother's Reckoning, Jeff Kass's "Columbine a True Crime Story" and No Easy Answers, those are great books.

I think the Lost Boys documentary is pretty good, but it may be because it has the roast and the beginning has Dylan talking like a duck.... I'm serious and I THINK it is Dylan... he has a high pitched voice yelling at a video game, it's a home video from Brooks.

I would also watch the boys student films

There are a few good research based blogs but I am not sure if I can link them because they are tumblr.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

QuestionMark wrote:

Except if you want to comment the medias treatment of the massacre, which could also be interesting. There was a lot of misinformation, especially about Eric and Dylan themselves. I think first they said they were bullied and it was revenge. Then later, perhaps around 2004/2005 idk they changed their view about them and said Eric was the evil psychopath and Dylan the poor depressed teenager who was influenced by Eric. They said Eric wanted to kill and didn't mind if he died, whereas Dylan wanted to die and didn't mind if some people were killed. This is obviously in reality more complex: if Dylan really didn't want to kill he could have commit suicide alone. He wrote about being "godlike" in his diary, so I guess he also wanted to kill to feel powerful.

You should also read their diaries.
Back to top Go down
Hollybeth328

Contribution Points : 54875
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:24 pm

[quote="Screamingophelia"][quote="QuestionMark"]Stay away from Cullen's book, I'll say that right now.[/quote]

Read A Mother's Reckoning, Jeff Kass's "Columbine a True Crime Story" and No Easy Answers, those are great books.

I think the Lost Boys documentary is pretty good, but it may be because it has the roast and the beginning has Dylan talking like a duck.... I'm serious and I THINK it is Dylan... he has a high pitched voice yelling at a video game, it's a home video from Brooks.

There are a few good research based blogs but I am not sure if I can link them because they are tumblr.

[/quote]

Would you mind PMing me the links? Is that allowed?
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

I think its worth a read after you get your facts elsewhere as its quite hilarious how bullshit it is.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Hollybeth328 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Would you mind PMing me the links? Is that allowed?

Let me see if you can receive PM's and I will do it!
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45455
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

It is Dylan. I think he's saying "watch out" or "black out" but I'm not really sure. The audio isn't from the video game clip, it's just placed over it for some reason. The Lost Boys documentary does this a lot and it's really quite annoying.

PostSubject: Re: Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries   Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Informational Sites/Books/Documentaries
Page 1 of 1