Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Realization?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92606
Forum Reputation : 225

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 am

I’ve been thinking about the events of Columbine for awhile now. What has really spiked my curiosity is the fact near the end of the shooting, Eric and Dylan just walked around the school shooting at random windows and lockers. They saw people in the classrooms but didn’t fire at them. Do you think they did this because they realized that what they had just done was terrible and they should’ve taken another path, and that once they shed blood they didn’t find it satisfying?
Back to top Go down

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 am

Rebbie556 wrote:
I’ve been thinking about the events of Columbine for awhile now. What has really spiked my curiosity is the fact near the end of the shooting, Eric and Dylan just walked around the school shooting at random windows and lockers. They saw people in the classrooms but didn’t fire at them. Do you think they did this because they realized that what they had just done was terrible and they should’ve taken another path, and that once they shed blood they didn’t find it satisfying?

I don't think it was a moral issue. Perhaps it wast just the adrenaline that had less effect, they were tired, less exited. The attack lasted much longer than usual:

Nikolas Cruz: 5 to 7 minutes
Lanza: about 6 minutes
James Holmes: less than 7 minutes
Eric and Dylan: about 17 minutes

Stephen Paddock : 15 minutes
Charles Whitman : 96 minutes but I guess when you shoot that far, like Paddock also did, you are less into the action

Marc Lépine: 20 minutes, perhaps it is different when you have a real motive).

I am impressed by the school shooting at Sante Fe, Texas. Apparently it lasted 30 minutes, but I don't know how long the shooting itself lasted and how long the siege lasted.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 64414
Forum Reputation : 0

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 am

Witnesses said they enjoyed killing. I think they just were finished with proving their power to themselves and they were ready to die but wanted to make sure they didn't leave anyone they had planned to kill behind... but after a while realizing they failed their plan so they might as well just end it.
Back to top Go down

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 am

They had shot 34 different people, so I guess even if you enjoy killing it gets quite boring after a certain point, especially when you are exhausted.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:28 am

I saw in the basement tapes transcript yesterday that Eric wanted to shoot a specific person in the groin area and I've also read witnesses saying he said he shot someones dick off.

I just find it weird he wanted to do that... and did. It kind of shows they wanted to commit to their plan and try all the things they had discussed so to me it doesn't sound to crazy that when they where walking through the hallways they might've been lowkey looking for someone while calming down to figure out if the plan was worth committing to anymore at all.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193821
Forum Reputation : 1317

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

munchkinphone wrote:
I saw in the basement tapes transcript yesterday that Eric wanted to shoot a specific person in the groin area and I've also read witnesses saying he said he shot someones dick off.

I just find it weird he wanted to do that... and did. It kind of shows they wanted to commit to their plan and try all the things they had discussed so to me it doesn't sound to crazy that when they where walking through the hallways they might've been lowkey looking for someone while calming down to figure out if the plan was worth committing to anymore at all.

Can you link to the transcript that is in? I don't remember seeing that.

I know Brandon Larson was mentioned a few times.

I think they were coming down from their high and maybe realized it was not as 'fun' as they thought it would be, the bombs didn't go off and they were done...

I think the dick comment was about Isaiah, he had a death erection and they made fun of him Sad but he wasn't shot in the head or the groin.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They talk about a couple of people, one of whom Eric says he wants to “shoot in the groin
area.”
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193821
Forum Reputation : 1317

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

Thank you!!!

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:

I think it all goes back to the failure of the bombs. Eric and Dylan felt like there wasn't any point in killing another dozen people since the original goal was to kill hundreds and they fell far short of that.

Sponsored content

Realization?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realization?    Realization?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realization?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: