Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death penalty or not

Go down 
+3
Tommy QTR
Smiggles94
QuestionMark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91581
Forum Reputation : 255

Death penalty or not Empty
PostSubject: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 pm

I don't think Cruz should get the death penalty, because when his brother comforted him and told him he loved him in the video, he started showing emotion and you can tell he was a really broken down kid, it doesn't excuse what he did, but he needs to live with what he's done. Maybe he can get psychiatric help in prison. How can his own brother bully him much less those idiots at the school?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

He is still going to die. Either sometime in the coming years from lethal injection,  OR who knows when if he is given a life sentence.

But from a parent's view point I can see how/why some would want his immediate death. That being said, I can also see why some think killing him would be the easy way out, and want him to be locked up for the rest of him life.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 am

I'm surprised he didn't commit suicide after he did it, most of them do.

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am

I am against death penalty so I hope he will not be killed, but I also understand that it could be helping parents to grieve the death of their child. Maybe Nikolas Cruz would also prefer to be executed than to stay in prison his whole life. So I am against the concept of death penalty and yet in this case it could satisfy everybody...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

bradt93 wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 am

I don't think he deserves the death penalty, he clearly needed help, I think the best option would be that he is placed in a mental health institution.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 pm

bradt93 wrote:

I still maintain he tried to get away with it.

Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71239
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm

I don’t belive in the death penalty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

I agree. He actually did manage to leave the scene of the crime. What he was thinking on doing next is anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

I agree. He actually did manage to leave the scene of the crime. What he was thinking on doing next is anyone's guess.

So the story is true, he ran out with everyone? Did someone really say"I thought it would be you?"

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71239
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I don't think he deserves the death penalty, he clearly needed help, I think the best option would be that he is placed in a mental health institution.  

I don’t belive in the death penalty, but as for a mental health institution maybe m, but it could just be a ruse imagine doing what he done and being caught you would be insane to not pretend to be insane
But he could be at the same time.
Professionals need to determine this first
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I don’t belive in the death penalty, but as for a mental health institution maybe m, but it could just be a ruse imagine doing what he done and being caught you would be insane to not pretend to be insane
But he could be at the same time.
Professionals need to determine this first
There's a difference between being mentally ill (which Cruz was) and being insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

So the story is true, he ran out with everyone? Did someone really say"I thought it would be you?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Yes. He did in fact blend in with a group of kids leaving the school. Now the other about someone saying "Oh I thought it would be you" has really never been proven. Some said it happened, some say it didn't. So who knows. scratch
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Well, he did go to McDonalds after the shooting, all I know is I wouldn't be hungry if I did something like that. Wait, didn't Eric and Dylan have burger king before they went on the massacre that morning?

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Well, he did go to McDonalds after the shooting, all I know is I wouldn't be hungry if I did something like that. Wait, didn't Eric and Dylan have burger king before they went on the massacre that morning?

All we know is that Dylan had potatoes is some shape, way, or fashion, etc. recently enough to have still had their remnants in his stomach. That is all I will say!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It always comes back to the potatoes! Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

All we know is that Dylan had potatoes is some shape, way, or fashion, etc. recently enough to have still had their remnants in his stomach. That is all I will say!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It always comes back to the potatoes! Haha

It always will! cheers cheers lol!

I don't know that potatoes from Outback would have stayed in his stomach that long so it was either morning leftovers, they went to Burger King or he ate potatoes from someones tray in the cafeteria.

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

he'll get it
Back to top Go down
Cresearch

Cresearch

Contribution Points : 27214
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 10:57 am

If he gets death penalty it might serve as a warning to future school shooters
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36858
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Honeslty I dont really care if he gets death penalty or not

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Cresearch wrote:

Some criminals aren't really deterred by the death penalty

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cresearch

Cresearch

Contribution Points : 27214
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:
Cresearch wrote:

But hopefully it will help make people aware of what will happen if you commited a crime
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 1:56 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:
Cresearch wrote:

The overwhelming vast majority of criminals don't consider the death penalty when committing their crimes because they either:

1. Think they can get away with it
2. Are too emotional to consider the ramifications of their actions (crimes of passion)
3. Don't care about getting caught

Rampage killers almost always fall under category 3. This is underscored by the fact that more than half either kill themselves or die in police shootouts.

Engel

Engel

PostSubject: Re: Death penalty or not   Death penalty or not Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 2:31 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Panzerfaust wrote:
Cresearch wrote:

The overwhelming vast majority of criminals don't consider the death penalty when committing their crimes because they either:

1. Think they can get away with it
2. Are too emotional to consider the ramifications of their actions (crimes of passion)
3. Don't care about getting caught

Rampage killers almost always fall under category 3. This is underscored by the fact that more than half either kill themselves or die in police shootouts.

And another factor to some rampage killers: they aren't afraid to die

QuestionMark likes this post