Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Unpopular opinions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the shooting that others think is a bit out there?

Let’s all be nice Smile

I’ll start

- I think Eric and Dylan were bullied.

- I think Adam Kyler exaggerated.

- I don’t think it’s weird to think Dylan had his first kiss at some point. I also don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that he gave in and kissed Robyn. I don’t think Dylan would have cared enough to shout it from the rooftops and I doubt Robyn is going to write an op-ed entitled “I boinked Dylan Klebold and he still killed my friends”



_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1704
Contribution Points : 34099
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 pm

- I don't think either of the boys manipulated each other.

- I think NBK never would of happened if they weren't bullied.

- I don't think Dylan was a evil sociopath.

- I think they were bullied.

- I don't think Eric saying "I'm going to pull out a goddamn shotgun and blow you're damn head off" in the Hitmen for Hire video is him hinting that he was going to commit suicide.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger


Last edited by Tommy QTR on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 193
Contribution Points : 12110
Forum Reputation : 110
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:07 pm

- I think if Eric and Dylan never met, they'd both be alive today and living productive lives

- I don't think Eric met enough of the traits for a psychopath to be considered one and I think that law enforcement just put him in that box to make it easier to explain things and wipe away their own mistakes

- I don't think Dave Cullen realized how many people were going to be researching Columbine and thus have the ability to fact check what he was writing about and that's why he initially included lies, like Brenda Parker, in his book. He only took some of them out later because he got caught.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 897
Contribution Points : 18926
Forum Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:38 pm

-I don't think they were bullied. Annoyed sometimes by a few people maybe, but not bullied.

-I think they committed the shooting more to prove something to themselves than to others (for example feeling powerful was more important than actually be powerful, even if they were not aware of it).

-I think the shooting was preventable.

And not about this shooting in particular, especially since I don't think it even applies to this specific case but, and I know this is very unpopular on this forum...

-I think most mass shootings in America would have never taken place if people were not allowed to have guns, and there would not be many more mass murders with other weapons. And yet I'm pro-gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:00 pm

-I think Robyn Anderson should have been charged for helping E&D get weapons, yet she pretty much was let off with nothing.  

-I think Mark Manes and Phi Duran were used as whipping boys for Columbine.

-I think it's possible that one or more of E&D's really close friends knew more then they would ever admit to.
Back to top Go down
Neah
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 897
Contribution Points : 18926
Forum Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

- I don't think Eric saying "I'm going to pull out a goddamn shotgun and blow you're damn head off" in the Hitmen for Hire video is him hinting that he was going to commit suicide.

I agree.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
- I think if Eric and Dylan never met, they'd both be alive today and living productive lives

I agree, probably not productive lives but at least alive.


ShadowedGoddess wrote:

-I think it's possible that one or more of E&D's really close friends knew more then they would ever admit to.

I don't know about that one. I think it is possible indeed, but then they would not have been fully aware of it, not would they know that Eric and Dylan were planning something that big. Maybe more "I've got a bad feeling about them, could they hurt someone or themselves if things get worse one day?", without being aware that it was already the day things would get worse. Just like Dylann Roof's so called friends who said there were warning signs and that yet they didn't took those seriously. They thought that he could hurt himself if he was drunk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

- I don't think Eric saying "I'm going to pull out a goddamn shotgun and blow you're damn head off" in the Hitmen for Hire video is him hinting that he was going to commit suicide.

I agree.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
- I think if Eric and Dylan never met, they'd both be alive today and living productive lives

I agree, probably not productive lives but at least alive.


ShadowedGoddess wrote:

-I think it's possible that one or more of E&D's really close friends knew more then they would ever admit to.

I don't know about that one. I think it is possible indeed, but then they would not have been fully aware of it, not would they know that Eric and Dylan were planning something that big. Maybe more "I've got a bad feeling about them, could they hurt someone or themselves if things get worse one day?", without being aware that it was already the day things would get worse. Just like Dylann Roof's so called friends who said there were warning signs and that yet they didn't took those seriously. They thought that he could hurt himself if he was drunk.


I think with help their lives could have been productive. Plenty of people turn their lives around.


I don’t want to argue about the bullying. I think there’s evidence to say they were, their friends say they were and people I know who knew them and the school culture said so too...

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2785
Contribution Points : 40634
Forum Reputation : 140
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:28 pm

I don't think any of the opinions here so far are particularly unpopular. Contested, maybe, but outright unpopular is a bit of a stretch.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think any of the opinions here so far are particularly unpopular. Contested, maybe, but outright unpopular is a bit of a stretch.

I imagine unpopular would be things like

-Eric was raped

-Eric killed Dylan

-I’m not ashamed was 100% accurate

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm

@Screamingophelia wrote:


-I’m not ashamed was 100% accurate

Roll
Back to top Go down
Adzybear



Posts : 32
Contribution Points : 7225
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 pm

I still think they shot them selves at the same time. The Molotov Cocktail that was thrown could easily have be thrown before they shot themselves. Yes, Dylan landed on Erics leg....but instantly Erics legs would have gone dropped straight into that position kneeling with his back to the book shelf. Dylan just dropped as quick slightly face down onto Erics right leg. For some reason, I hate to think Eric just quickly scurried round the corner and blew his brains out without saying a word after all that. That would mean Dylan being in that Library ALONE with his only friend with half his head missing. No, I believe they started together, finished together. They even set clocks for bombs to go off in Synch. They both pulled the trigger at the same time IMO :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2785
Contribution Points : 40634
Forum Reputation : 140
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think any of the opinions here so far are particularly unpopular. Contested, maybe, but outright unpopular is a bit of a stretch.

I imagine unpopular would be things like

-Eric was raped

-Eric killed Dylan

-I’m not ashamed was 100% accurate

Pretty much.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm

@Screamingophelia wrote:

I imagine unpopular would be things like

-Eric was raped

-Eric killed Dylan

-I’m not ashamed was 100% accurate

LOL All of those are hilarious, I'm not ashamed being 100% accurate is the funniest one.

You forgot to add Eric being a psychopath, Eric getting lots and lots of chicks and Dylan being a follower while Eric was the leader.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Halcyon666 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I imagine unpopular would be things like

-Eric was raped

-Eric killed Dylan

-I’m not ashamed was 100% accurate

LOL All of those are hilarious, I'm not ashamed being 100% accurate is the funniest one.

You forgot to add Eric being a psychopath, Eric getting lots and lots of chicks and Dylan being a follower while Eric was the leader.

Yes!! I forgot those lol glad you filled me in

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1835
Contribution Points : 33375
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:55 am

-they both had small pee pees

-they had a GAY SECRET THAT MADE THEM KILL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
"I'm in pain, wanna put ten shots in my brain
I've been trippin' 'bout some things, can't change
Suicidal, same time I'm tame"
- XXXTentacion

AAG KA DARIYA
mdhbht altafah hi alshay' alsahih
masakra e mollëve është gjëja e duhur
uhu uhu
haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat my haat hierdie lewe
daar is geen god nie maar god en muhammad is die boodskapper van god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:14 am

@InsaneIntruder wrote:
-they both had small pee pees

-they had a GAY SECRET THAT MADE THEM KILL

Roll Good ones, i forgot to add the gay stuff.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 547
Contribution Points : 15292
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I still think they shot them selves at the same time. The Molotov Cocktail that was thrown could easily have be thrown before they shot themselves. Yes, Dylan landed on Erics leg....but instantly Erics legs would have gone dropped straight into that position kneeling with his back to the book shelf. Dylan just dropped as quick slightly face down onto Erics right leg. For some reason, I hate to think Eric just quickly scurried round the corner and blew his brains out without saying a word after all that. That would mean Dylan being in that Library ALONE with his only friend with half his head missing. No, I believe they started together, finished together. They even set clocks for bombs to go off in Synch. They both pulled the trigger at the same time IMO :/

one of the arguments as to why Eric shot himself first is that the liquids from the molotov cocktail was on Erics brainmatter which means the cocktail must've been thrown after Eric shot himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
-they both had small pee pees

-they had a GAY SECRET THAT MADE THEM KILL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Debunked!! Laughing


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 am

@Screamingophelia wrote:
@InsaneIntruder wrote:
-they both had small pee pees

-they had a GAY SECRET THAT MADE THEM KILL

Debunked!! Laughing



BAHAHAH! Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:26 pm

If we want to go those places I think one of my most unpopular opinions is that Dylan was attractive

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SandraSmit19

avatar

Posts : 104
Contribution Points : 53039
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 35
Location : The Lowlands

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:12 pm

This one isn't so much an unpopular opinion as it is just a feeling and I don't know how relevant it is but... I think Richard Castaldo lied about having lunch with Rachel Scott. I think he just happened to be sitting near her having lunch and that they weren't having lunch together at all. I have absolutely no evidence of this...just none whatsoever.

_________________
I don't trust joggers, they're the ones always finding the bodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:05 am

@SandraSmit19 wrote:
This one isn't so much an unpopular opinion as it is just a feeling and I don't know how relevant it is but... I think Richard Castaldo lied about having lunch with Rachel Scott. I think he just happened to be sitting near her having lunch and that they weren't having lunch together at all. I have absolutely no evidence of this...just none whatsoever.


@SandraSmit19   OH wow! I am very much intrigued by that. DO tell me about what made you even think this. Richard has indeed changed his story about that day enough to raise suspicion. But whether these changes were do to the trauma he suffered, or maybe even survivor's guilt is hard to know.
Back to top Go down
Pixie13



Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 6730
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 pm

My unpopular opinion: Based on his writings I don't think Dylan was particularly suicidal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 pm

I think he was when he was 15/16 then became angrier and instead of feeling line he was less than, he felt like he was simply better

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2281
Contribution Points : 38413
Forum Reputation : 66
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 am

I don't think DeAngelis deserves any of the praise he is getting. I think he is a coward and a liar

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:27 am

@Lizpuff wrote:
I don't think DeAngelis deserves any of the praise he is getting.  I think he is a coward and a liar

@Lizpuff I agree that he really doesn't deserve much praise at all. In my opinion the only time he stepped up to try to do the right thing was AFTER the fact and well that was just 15 fucking deaths to late. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 193
Contribution Points : 12110
Forum Reputation : 110
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This one isn't so much an unpopular opinion as it is just a feeling and I don't know how relevant it is but... I think Richard Castaldo lied about having lunch with Rachel Scott. I think he just happened to be sitting near her having lunch and that they weren't having lunch together at all. I have absolutely no evidence of this...just none whatsoever.

This might make you feel better about Richard-
Anthony Doty, pg. 777
"He informed he was walking down towards the lunch area to meet Richard Castaldo and Rachel Scott for lunch when the incident occurred."

Devin Kathol, pg. 922
"He said that he drove to Columbine High School arriving about 11 15 am He said that he usually ate lunch with Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo"

Kari Klapper, pg. 945
"She said that Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo were also sitting on the side walk near the entrance having lunch. Kari said that they always have lunch there. She related that she spoke briefly to Rachel and Richard"

Janine Roberts, pg. 1109
"she observed Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo. She advised that she knew both Scott and Castaldo by name only and not personally. She advised that it appeared that they were having lunch together."

Patrice Doyle, pg. 781 (was with Janine Roberts)
"She advised that as she and Roberts exited the door she observed both Rachel Scott and a male sitting right outside the door eating lunch. She advised that Rachel Scott and the male were seated approximately five feet apart. She advised she could not tell if they were having lunch together or separately. Doyle advised Investigator Eaton that on a later date she learned that the person sitting with Rachel Scott was Richard Castaldo."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebel2013



Posts : 61
Contribution Points : 54260
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the shooting that others think is a bit out there?

Let’s all be nice Smile

I’ll start

- I think Eric and Dylan were bullied.  

- I think Adam Kyler exaggerated.

- I don’t think it’s weird to think Dylan had his first kiss at some point. I also don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that he gave in and kissed Robyn. I don’t think Dylan would have cared enough to shout it from the rooftops and I doubt Robyn is going to write an op-ed entitled “I boinked Dylan Klebold and he still killed my friends”




I think its possible that he kissed her but as far as sex idk lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 262
Contribution Points : 25157
Forum Reputation : 100
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If we want to go those places I think one of my most unpopular opinions is that Dylan was attractive
If it makes you feel any better.... I share the same opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4675
Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm

It does!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Unpopular opinions
Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Opinions on Crack Pairings
» Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!
» Current Shichibukai & Admirals in One Piece. Opinions ?
» Opinions please
» Who stays, who goes? Your opinions.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: