Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylans brother?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91031
Forum Reputation : 255

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 11:23 am

We haven't heard anything about Dylans brother and if he misses Dylan or not? Do you think those two shared secrets before the massacre that Sue doesn't even know about to this day? My point is do you all think his brother is holding back secrets that their mom should know? I can probably imagine Dylans brother promising him to keep this or that secret between us and never tell anyone. Would his brother really put their mom through that though knowing how much she misses Dylan? Would he keep Dylans secrets even to the grave?
Back to top Go down

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 11:38 am

To be honest I don't think Dylan and Byron had a very good relationship. Dylan even said it himself in his division records. Saying something along the lines of his brother wasn't really in his life and that it wasn't a problem. So I doubt there were any long lost secrets that Dylan had entrusted to Byron.

Although I'm sure he does miss who he thought his baby brother to be. Also I doubt Byron will ever talk about Columbine or his brother. Sue even said in her book that Tom and Byron wanted to be pretty much left out of it.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 12:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
To be honest I don't think Dylan and Byron had a very good relationship. Dylan even said it himself in his division records. Saying something along the lines of his brother wasn't really in his life and that it wasn't a problem.

Dylan also accused his brother of acting like a bully towards him on TBT.

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 1:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
To be honest I don't think Dylan and Byron had a very good relationship. Dylan even said it himself in his division records. Saying something along the lines of his brother wasn't really in his life and that it wasn't a problem.

True. Dylan didn't seem to have much love for his older brother.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

True. Dylan didn't seem to have much love for his older brother.

I think the stories of when Byron and Dylan were older were a lot of Dylan keeping up appearances.

I imagine Byron probably has gone through a lot since that day. He probably has a lot of regrets when it comes to his little brother.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 pm

As others have said, in the Basement Tapes Dylan basically said that Byron and his friends treated him like crap.

When Byron was interviewed by police on 4/20, he told them that he and Dylan were not very close since he had moved out in July of 1997. The last time he had seen Dylan was on their father's birthday which I believe was a few weeks before (don't quote me). It's not likely he knew anything at all about what Dylan was thinking or planning.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 11:32 pm

thelmar wrote:
As others have said, in the Basement Tapes Dylan basically said that Byron and his friends treated him like crap.

When Byron was interviewed by police on 4/20, he told them that he and Dylan were not very close since he had moved out in July of 1997. The last time he had seen Dylan was on their father's birthday which I believe was a few weeks before (don't quote me). It's not likely he knew anything at all about what Dylan was thinking or planning.

You are right. I think it might’ve been Sue’s birthday not Tom’s but it was very close to the massacre. And Byron had said that Dylan was completely normal they rode in the same car together and Tom and Sue rode in another

It doesn’t surprise me too much but it’s kind of heartbreaking because I get the feeling that Sue thought
Byron and Dylan and Tom and Dylan were very very close. And yet Dylan doesn’t seem to

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
It doesn’t surprise me too much but it’s kind of heartbreaking because I get the feeling that Sue thought
Byron and Dylan and Tom and Dylan were very very close. And yet Dylan doesn’t seem to

Very true. Tom considered Dylan his best friend, and Dylan couldn't even muster a "Bye Dad" on the basement tapes. While poor Sue thought her family was almost perfect relationship wise. No
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Very true. Tom considered Dylan his best friend, and Dylan couldn't even muster a "Bye Dad" on the basement tapes. While poor Sue thought her family was almost perfect relationship wise. No

yea Sad just like Tom saying that he thought Dylan sounded upset the morning of 4/20 and that he would talk to him when he got home. I think Tom loved him very much but I think Dylan saw him as an adversary especially as he got older. I also think Tom had a lot of expectations about Dylan and he didn't feel he could live up to them.

There was an interesting article I read about Tom and Dylan's relationship a while back.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 11:17 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
There was an interesting article I read about Tom and Dylan's relationship a while back.

If you can remember the source or have a link please post it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

If you can remember the source or have a link please post it. Smile

I will PM you, and find a way to share it on the board.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 3:39 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It's weird to think the only person who really knew how Dylan really felt was Eric.

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It's weird to think the only person who really knew how Dylan really felt was Eric.

Agreed. The person who came the closest to "knowing" the real Dylan was Eric. But to be honest Dylan probably didn't even know what was going on in his own head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylans brother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylans brother?   Dylans brother? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylans brother?
Page 1 of 1