Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank DeAngelis

Go down 
+8
Lunkhead McGrath
Pixie13
Tuga
rebootoX
Emanation of Darkness
Tragiccityrn
Lizpuff
Kerea2244
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123650
Forum Reputation : 40

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 am

Just a thought here, what do you think Frank DeAngelis opinions were on E & D??
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am

While the two were alive, I don't think he ever noticed them. DeAngelis was a sports man and I think he completely ignored that sub section of his student population

After the fact I think he wanted to make himself seem more involved than he was and claimed to know them and know they got in trouble etc.

After he lied about the whole Dave Sanders event I really don't trust this guy at all.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tragiccityrn

Contribution Points : 52175
Forum Reputation : 0

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:50 am

I’m sure he looked at them and the TCM the same way the rest of the jocks did...”freaks”
Back to top Go down

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:50 am

Lizpuff wrote:
While the two were alive, I don't think he ever noticed them.  DeAngelis was a sports man and I think he completely ignored that sub section of his student population 

Agreed. I think he was mostly in-tune with the Athletic kids, as that was where his passion lay.  They all seemed to think he was the best, while the rest of the school population wasn't as enthusiastic in their adoration of DeAngelis.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52809
Forum Reputation : 50

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 pm

I think he was responsible for the atrocities conducted by the athletes and should be in prison. Also, I think he has degenerate facial features.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

Contribution Points : 56629

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Brooks Brown stated in his book that DeAngelis was never interested in those people who didn't fit in the school's environment (like the TCM and Eric & Dylan). And as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, he loved sports and therefore only cared about the athletes who would bring the school recognition.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52809
Forum Reputation : 50

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:31 pm

rebootoX wrote:
the athletes who would bring the school recognition.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Degeneracy.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64442

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't think he ever gave them much thought, if any.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56726
Forum Reputation : 270

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 pm

I always think that what E&D feared most of all was being forgotten and ignored.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76136
Forum Reputation : 225

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: brooks   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 pm

rebootoX wrote:
Brooks Brown stated in his book that DeAngelis was never interested in those people who didn't fit in the school's environment (like the TCM and Eric & Dylan). And as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, he loved sports and therefore only cared about the athletes who would bring the school recognition.

Brooks also said that he walked up to DeAngelis after graduation and confronted him about the school's bullying/cruelty culture. A part of me really, really, REALLY REALLY REALLY thinks this is pure bullshit, and I'm not even really a Brooks hater.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59390
Forum Reputation : 725

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 12:50 am

Mr. D was absolutely amazing when I was at school there. He was a coach before he became principal and yeah he was a little biased according to my sister who was a Varsity Pom. He truly felt awful though and afterwards he's really dedicated himself to the school and the community and later helping other communities where there are mass shootings.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 8:15 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
rebootoX wrote:

Brooks also said that he walked up to DeAngelis after graduation and confronted him about the school's bullying/cruelty culture.  A part of me really, really, REALLY REALLY REALLY thinks this is pure bullshit, and I'm not even really a Brooks hater.

I thought Brooks along with Nate and Robyn were part of the group though couldn’t walk on graduation day that year...

I suppose he could’ve just showed up.

I don’t know if Zach was banned too

I bet he did change after. I’m sure it changed a lot of people and the way they dealt with students. However going to a school that was similar I’m sure a lot of bullying was overlooked.

One theory I have is I think the class that graduated in 1998 Was so bad and contributed so much to the toxic culture that even though their probably was bullying it wasn’t as bad as it was before so it almost seemed to be getting better even if the culture was still kind of the same. I hope that makes sense

Because to this day I still believe they were bullied, do I believe it was the reason , heck no. But I think it was a contributing factor. And there are several statements in the 11 K, there are interviews with their friends that state bullying happened. The only thing that’s murky is exactly what happened with the ketchup

Lizpuff

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 8:37 am

milennialrebelette wrote:
Mr. D was absolutely amazing when I was at school there. He was a coach before he became principal and yeah he was a little biased according to my sister who was a Varsity Pom. He truly felt awful though and afterwards he's really dedicated himself to the school and the community and later helping other communities where there are mass shootings.

This sounds bad, but I do hope he felt awful. He was a big part of the reason why Columbine culture was the way it was. I have to say I have heard the opposite from people that went there after the shooting but it was prior to 2010 by quite a few years.

I do not appreciate the way he inserts lies into his testimonies but I guess he just wants to be involved.

milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah, I can see why my sister liked him, she was a varsity pom, active in LifeTeen (the Catholic youth group Val Schnurr was in) dated a football player... Come to think of it though, my brother who graduated in 2002 wasn't a huge fan of Mr. D. He was more into computers, that kind of stuff. He didn't like most people from Church and I remember him telling me after I started at Columbine when we all got together for Thanksgiving dinner when my mom was still living in Columbine Knolls South (which was like a street over from Eric's I've come to learn) to be careful because he was kind of fake. Again he was nothing but super nice to me, he still wishes me Happy Birthday every year and he was super great after my mom died, he came to her funeral mass.

It's one of those things where he was great to me and (most) of my family but I could see the other side from people who felt differently.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91031
Forum Reputation : 255

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 2:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah, I can see why my sister liked him, she was a varsity pom, active in LifeTeen (the Catholic youth group Val Schnurr was in) dated a football player... Come to think of it though, my brother who graduated in 2002 wasn't a huge fan of Mr. D. He was more into computers, that kind of stuff. He didn't like most people from Church and I remember him telling me after I started at Columbine when we all got together for Thanksgiving dinner when my mom was still living in Columbine Knolls South (which was like a street over from Eric's I've come to learn)  to be careful because he was kind of fake. Again he was nothing but super  nice to me, he still wishes me Happy Birthday every year and he was super great after my mom died, he came to her funeral mass.

It's one of those things where he was great to me and (most) of my family but I could see the other side from people who felt differently.
Did the bullying environment ever improve at that school?
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 3:34 am

bradt93 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah, I can see why my sister liked him, she was a varsity pom, active in LifeTeen (the Catholic youth group Val Schnurr was in) dated a football player... Come to think of it though, my brother who graduated in 2002 wasn't a huge fan of Mr. D. He was more into computers, that kind of stuff. He didn't like most people from Church and I remember him telling me after I started at Columbine when we all got together for Thanksgiving dinner when my mom was still living in Columbine Knolls South (which was like a street over from Eric's I've come to learn)  to be careful because he was kind of fake. Again he was nothing but super  nice to me, he still wishes me Happy Birthday every year and he was super great after my mom died, he came to her funeral mass.

When I first moved back to my mom's in 2009, I started hanging out wit a girl who lived down the street and her best friend. They were popular cheerleaders, we partied a lot with older guys and other athletes at Columbine and some of the surrounding schools like Chatfield and Heritage. They were pretty typical "popular group, and when school started I definitely noticed it. There wasn't any bullying like had been talked about in the late 90s, just more regular school hierarchy. I was the token "brown girl" ha ha (my dad is different than my two older half siblings, he's indigenous Hawai'ian) I kind of fell out with them because I had to work so much (I was a waitress at the Red Robin across from Clement Park on Bowles) and take care of my mom who was getting sicker. I also started too do things with our church youth group and started hanging out with some of those kids from Columbine.

My brother who graduated in 2002 said while the kids who were there in 99 were still there there was a lot of (what he saw as fake) "love everyone"among students. But he said you had to be the "right" kind of misfit to be treated okay by the popular crowd (he thought it was kind of demeaning) Nerdy Star Wars fans and computer geeks like my brother were "acceptable". Goth metal kids? Definitely not. The social hierarchy was still pretty set in stone, just the right kind of unpopular kids didn't get bullied like before but it'snot like they were asked to eat lunch with the cheer/pom/football team groups for example.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 8:32 am

bradt93 wrote:

When I first moved back to my mom's in 2009, I started hanging out wit a girl who lived down the street and her best friend. They were popular cheerleaders, we partied a lot with older guys and other athletes at Columbine and some of the surrounding schools like Chatfield and Heritage. They were pretty typical "popular group, and when school started I definitely noticed it. There wasn't any bullying like had been talked about in the late 90s, just more regular school hierarchy. I was the token "brown girl" ha ha (my dad is different  than my two older half siblings, he's indigenous Hawai'ian) I kind of fell out with them because I had to work so much (I was a waitress at the Red Robin across from Clement Park on Bowles) and take care of my mom who was getting sicker. I also started too do things with our church youth group and started hanging out with some of those kids from Columbine.

My brother who graduated in 2002 said while the kids who were there in 99 were still there there was a lot of (what he saw as fake) "love everyone"among students. But he said you had to be the "right" kind of misfit to be treated okay by the popular crowd (he thought it was kind of demeaning) Nerdy Star Wars fans and computer geeks like my brother were "acceptable". Goth metal kids? Definitely not. The social hierarchy was still pretty set in stone, just the right kind of unpopular kids didn't get bullied like before but it'snot like they were asked to eat lunch with the cheer/pom/football team groups for example.

That was what I had heard... that the feeling around the school of love and acceptance came off as fake.

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 am

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

When I first moved back to my mom's in 2009, I started hanging out wit a girl who lived down the street and her best friend. They were popular cheerleaders, we partied a lot with older guys and other athletes at Columbine and some of the surrounding schools like Chatfield and Heritage. They were pretty typical "popular group, and when school started I definitely noticed it. There wasn't any bullying like had been talked about in the late 90s, just more regular school hierarchy. I was the token "brown girl" ha ha (my dad is different  than my two older half siblings, he's indigenous Hawai'ian) I kind of fell out with them because I had to work so much (I was a waitress at the Red Robin across from Clement Park on Bowles) and take care of my mom who was getting sicker. I also started too do things with our church youth group and started hanging out with some of those kids from Columbine.

That was what I had heard... that the feeling around the school of love and acceptance came off as fake.  

How sad is that? Even after everything that happened it still wasn't enough to make a real change... No
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91031
Forum Reputation : 255

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 12:22 pm

bradt93 wrote:

Well, that school hasn't learned a damn thing then. It makes no sense to act like that.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

How sad is that? Even after everything that happened it still wasn't enough to make a real change... No

I remember Brooks said he stopped going to public meetings and events at high schools to talk about bullying because the schools that needed those speeches the most wouldn't let him speak. 

Real change is something that has to come from within rather than from external factors.

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:07 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Real change is something that has to come from within rather than from external factors.

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2018 12:11 pm

He is on the panel today. After the film

Frank DeAngelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis   Frank DeAngelis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank DeAngelis
Page 1 of 1