Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How would you summarize Columbine?

Go down 
+16
Sane One
joebox97
slippy123
AlteRoad
gumshoe
Lunkhead McGrath
VoDKaComeHere
Giga143
Kerea2244
Lizpuff
Szabo
Pixie13
Emanation of Darkness
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
EthanEmerson
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Columbine stands out from most mass shootings in the same way that 9/11 stands out from most terror attacks.
Back to top Go down
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 65025
Forum Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Two teenagers decided to blow up their school. Their bombs didn't work, so they shot people instead. The media covered it like a bad rash, therefore shooting up your school became popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:12 pm

One hateful, misanthropic teen (Eric Harris), and his best friend, a angry, suicidal, depressive,  vengeance against society seeking peer(Dylan Klebold), decide they will carry out an attack to rival the Oklahoma city Bombing on their own high school, hoping for deaths in the hundreds. Then, they hope to escape, and live out the rest of their lives committing more terror attacks and mass murders, all in hopes of becoming the worlds most well known killers.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69225
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

I'd summarize it as "a perfect storm"

Rosie1756 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105563
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 am

joebox97 wrote:

A perfect storm is a great way to describe it. They enabled and fed off of each other, and together they hatched a plan of revenge to become infamous.

In the end it was a failed bombing, and a somewhat failed shooting in the sense that they didn't kill any of the main "bullies" that made their high school career so tumultuous. They could of went room to room killing two to three times as many people, instead they wondered aimlessly. Their main rivals were the jocks, yet instead of starting at the gym or the weight room where most would probably be, they chose the opposite ends of the school. They both were living in a giant overblown fantasy thinking two small propane bombs would kill 400+ kids and take down the library. They hyped NBK up in their minds so much, yet didn't spend the time to learn to perfect a simple bomb timer that anyone of us could learn to master in about a week, or even a worthwhile plan b for that matter. I believe in the end they died disappointed in how lackluster NBK played out, with failed bombs, no real police shootout, and a very low body count compared to the 4-500 they were hoping for. They look almost bored in a sense when they are roaming the cafeteria, after the first part of the library shooting. In the end their ignorance ended up saving lives, which is probably the most ironic thing about the whole massacre.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69225
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

slippy123 wrote:
joebox97 wrote:

A perfect storm is a great way to describe it. They enabled and fed off of each other, and together they hatched a plan of revenge to become infamous.

In the end it was a failed bombing, and a somewhat failed shooting in the sense that they didn't kill any of the main "bullies" that made their high school career so tumultuous. They could of went room to room killing two to three times as many people, instead they wondered aimlessly. Their main rivals were the jocks, yet instead of starting at the gym or the weight room where most would probably be, they chose the opposite ends of the school. They both were living in a giant overblown fantasy thinking two small propane bombs would kill 400+ kids and take down the library. They hyped NBK up in their minds so much, yet didn't spend the time to learn to perfect a simple bomb timer that anyone of us could learn to master in about a week, or even a worthwhile plan b for that matter. I believe in the end they died disappointed in how lackluster NBK played out, with failed bombs, no real police shootout, and a very low body count compared to the 4-500 they were hoping for. They look almost bored in a sense when they are roaming the cafeteria, after the first part of the library shooting. In the end their ignorance ended up saving lives, which is probably the most ironic thing about the whole massacre.

Yep, it was a combination of bullying, depression, rage, medications, home problems, low self-esteem, a bunch of warning signs not acted upon by friends, family and school administration, the time of which it happened (1999), where school shootings weren't a "norm" and law enforcement were still unclear on how to properly handle those situations, even the weather, if it snowed that day they might of rescheduled? and the presents of 2 of them with similar ideas to feed off one another, failed bombs, no plan b, buck shot shells, eric breaking his nose, and most likely reality set in a short time after the shooting that diminished both of their enthusiasm and determination for killing people. Their friend buying them the guns, their lack of knowledge/common sense for constructing weapons/planning, the phone call of erics clips being in, dylan going into work to show co-workers the pipe bombs, the van break in and many more things

Just "A perfect storm"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84998
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 pm

I think one of the major turning points which set their plan in motion was the entire Rocky Hoff thing. He and friends fucked up somebody’s apartment and originally were charged with a felony but got off with nothing. I believe this is when Eric and Dylan really saw no future.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42934
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 9:46 pm

Twinks VS American Society

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15896
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 11:22 am

I would summarize Columbine as a shooting where the plan failed and is now massively overrated.
Back to top Go down
Fedz-Manz

Fedz-Manz

Contribution Points : 20034
Forum Reputation : 156

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 3:13 pm

Like a Wikipedia page would  

"The 1999 Columbine High School Massacre was a mass shooting and attempted bombing that occurred in the Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, United States on the 20th of April, 1999, that led to deaths of 12 and Injured 24"

Rest In Peace, Pekka-Eric Auvinen (June 4th, 1989 - November 7th, 2007)

"I hate you and the way you are! You all have to die! Since I was 6, you've all been taking the piss out of me! Now you're going to pay! [...] Finally, I want to apologise for all this to the people who mean something to me or who were ever good to me! I'm gone" - Bastian Bosse 

"I guess it just wasn't there night" - Richard Benjamin Speck 

"There's a devil in me there's a devil in all of use" - Sidney Charles Cooke

"My favourite comedy is the Christchurch livestream that part where he shoots the things is funny as hell" - Andrews Bearing Barwick

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42934
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 6:49 pm

Emanation of Darkness wrote:
Nevermind. There's no point talking about it. Most of people are just soulless zombies that hate science, hate justice and hate victims. God, how disgusting!

I just hope more shootings will come soon and treacherous hordes will bleed again.
anyone else think this schizo was ethan miller?

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
raggedslx

raggedslx

Contribution Points : 13628
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 8:10 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
Emanation of Darkness wrote:
Nevermind. There's no point talking about it. Most of people are just soulless zombies that hate science, hate justice and hate victims. God, how disgusting!

I just hope more shootings will come soon and treacherous hordes will bleed again.
anyone else think this schizo was ethan miller?

if not an actual mass shooter than definitely just one of those wannabe edgelords that seem to flock to this forum. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you summarize Columbine?   How would you summarize Columbine? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you summarize Columbine?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2