Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library

Go down 
+2
QuestionMark
cory M
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cory M

cory M

Contribution Points : 53125
Forum Reputation : 0

Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Empty
PostSubject: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 pm

If memory serves me correctly, at least two survivors stated at some point during the library massacre, one of the shooters said to the other: "There's something I've always wanted to do. Gimme that knife." And then, a few seconds later, the other shooter says: "Oh man! That's so gross!"

Until we get full, detailed autopsy reports on all the victims (i.e., never), we won't know what was done, but I've noticed we have some very perceptive folks here who are good at piecing this evidence together.

So I ask: Based on the witness/es who heard it, and the possible positions of the shooters and victims around the time of said dialogue, is there any way to narrow down who this "gross" knife thing was done to?

Sorry to ask such a creepy question--especially if it's been asked before--but it's been bugging me for weeks.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm

I don't recall reading about that exchange, only that Dylan was said to have suggested that it might be more fun to start knifing people. If there's more to this I'd be curious too.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:40 pm

I think this was repeated on a documentary from a very long time ago, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything to suggest either of them actually stabbed people.

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83307
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Ok, first, I have to say how freaking amazing this searchable 11k is. I figured I’d give it a try because she’s posted the first 1000 pages which include library witnesses. Formatting is a mess and I think there are spelling mistakes from converting the pdf to Word because a few words were just weird, but otherwise it worked great. First I searched for “knife” and got something like 40 hits. I also did “cut” and “stab” and got a few more.

Here’s what I found:

It was Dan Steepleton that said he heard one of them mention a knife and “I always wanted to do this” (p 152). Then “One suspect said, ‘Let me see your knife, I’ve always wanted to do this.’ Steepleton stated when he heard the comment, he thought the suspect was cutting up a dead person because he heard no screaming after the statement. He then heard one of the suspects say, ‘Oh, that’s gross.’ The two suspects then laughed.” (p 159)

Jessica Holliday, who was hiding under Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], said they were by her table when it was said. Hers was the table they set their stuff down on top of when they said they needed to reload. Holliday said one of them, she thinks it was Harris, said it would be fun to slice someone (p 374). She remembers the knife comment because her legs were sticking out from under the table and Dylan was straddling one of them. She was wearing shorts and she thought they were going to start cutting her leg (p 365).

Other people who heard the knife comment:

Jennifer Doyle “You know what I’ve been wanting to do?” “Yeah, stab someone.” (p 3, 5, 11)

Austin Eubanks “said he heard one of the subjects say something about doing something he has always wanted to do and he took a knife out of a side pocked on his pant leg. Austin believed they were going to cut someone” (p 19).

Peter Ball (p 275)

Patti Blair (p 299)

Brittany Bollerud said they were in the middle section of the library when it was said (p 313).

Lindsay Elmore (p 331-332, 334, 341)

Andrew Fair mentioned the knife comment but then said he wasn’t sure if he actually heard it or if someone told him about it later on (p 349).

Sara Houy (p 384)

Seth Houy said Dylan commented that he’d always wanted to kill someone with a knife and that this was said right before Harris said he needed to reload. He said they were in the back section of the center portion of the library at the time (p 410).

Heidi Johnson heard the comment prior to E & D going into or towards the middle section of the library (p 446).

Byron Kirkland heard one of them say they always wanted to kill someone with a knife and then reach down to grab a knife attached to his ankle. After they said it they walked back toward the center area of the library (p 460).

Athena Lago mentioned using the knife and one said it was so much fun. She wasn’t sure if the killing or the using of the knife was what was being referred to as fun (p 471).

Josh Lapp said Dylan said it (p 477, 481, 489)

Rebecca Parker said she heard “here’s something I have always wanted to do, it makes them bleed more” (p 510)

Stephanie Salmon (p 548)

Craig Scott said the gunman was close by when he said it but he couldn’t give a direction (p 580).

Crystal Woodman said they were in the middle section of the library when this was said (p 630).

I don't have a clear picture of who was under what tables but if you do, you should be able to get some ideas from this.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59924
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Isn't it Bree from the library (?) During her interview with Katie Couric who alludes to one of the boys, Dylan?, cutting Isaiah post mortem. I.e. desecrating his body with a knife?
I'm thinking it's Bree but not positive and I have not been able to find the interview since. It was the next day or day after that first thing in the morning with Katie Couric. This has been deniedby the officials many times. I would also like confirmation either way. Was Isaiah's full autopsy ever released?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:03 pm

The 2 sides of Dylan are interesting and terrifying

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
The 2 sides of Dylan are interesting and terrifying

Yeah, I wonder to what point what he said was fantasy, even during the shooting. I think there's a difference between shooting someone and actually making this person suffer on purpose. It is much more personal (and so maybe more moving?).

I can well imagine Eric doing something to a dead body based on what he wrote in his journal.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96724
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm

I wonder if Eric thought of chewing someone's neck like a popcan lolol

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Isn't it Bree from the library (?) During her interview with Katie Couric who alludes to one of the boys, Dylan?, cutting Isaiah post mortem. I.e. desecrating his body with a knife?
I'm thinking it's Bree but not positive and I have not been able to find the interview since. It was the next day or day after that first thing in the morning with Katie Couric. This has been deniedby the officials many times. I would also like confirmation either way. Was Isaiah's full autopsy ever released?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   His full autopsy is on acolumbinesite.com, here is a link to his page.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

Didn’t he in the Eric in columbine video say he wanted to rip someone’s throat out and eat it or something or eat his head....

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Didn’t he in the Eric in columbine video say he wanted to rip someone’s throat out and eat it or something or eat his head....

Yea that he wanted to eat someones head. in his journal he said he wanted to chew out someone's throat with his teeth like a popcan

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Yea that he wanted to eat someones head.  in his journal he said he wanted to chew out someone's throat with his teeth like a popcan

I bet a lot of his friends were just like "well, that's just Eric, just says crazy stuff like that!"

I mean even Dylan said that when he went off on him "that's just Eric"

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Yea that he wanted to eat someones head.  in his journal he said he wanted to chew out someone's throat with his teeth like a popcan

I bet a lot of his friends were just like "well, that's just Eric, just says crazy stuff like that!"

I mean even Dylan said that when he went off on him "that's just Eric"

Yea no one batted an eye. And many people friends and non friends said that Eric talked like that a lot. Would be interesting to know how often he really had violent conversations

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library   Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morbid question about the "knifing" in the library
Page 1 of 1