Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylans headshot wound

Go down 
+3
thelmar
Lizpuff
rebel2013
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 104085
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylans headshot wound Empty
PostSubject: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Do you think had SWAT/EMT's gotten there literally right after they had shot themselves that Dylan could've lived long enough to see the hospital? Or do you think he would have succumbed on the way to the hospital with the blood loss?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193582
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 pm

This is speculation. I think with how close the muzzle was to his head there’s no way to save him. Unlike with Patrick it was from a further distance And depending on where the bullet hit Patrick was able to live but I don’t think anyone could take Dylan. If he was saved he would be severely disabled more than likely and unable to stand trial etc....

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I think had he been rescued earlier he still would have died. He caused himself a ton of brain damage. In the very unlikely event he lived I think he would have been a vegetable

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83107
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
This is speculation. I think with how close the muzzle  was to his head there’s no way to save him. Unlike with Patrick it was from a further distance And depending on where the bullet hit Patrick was able to live but I don’t think anyone could take Dylan. If he was saved he would be severely  disabled more than likely and unable to stand trial etc....

I think this is correct.
According to his autopsy, there was a large amount of right sided subdural hemorrhage, which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the brain. There were wound tracts underneath both cerebral hemispheres with pulverization of brain tissue, brain lacerations, as well as bruising of the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain. With that amount of damage I'd imagine saving him, let alone retaining function would be very difficult, if not impossible.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120728
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Pekka Eric Auvinen and Matti Saari were taken to hospital where they became an hero, but Dylan would have probably died in the libary anyway because he was using bigger bullets.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 66192

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm

The chance of him surviving would be very small. And even if he did, he'd probably become a "vegetable."
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193582
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Here are questions I have. Was the same gun used to shoot Patrick in the head? Also do we know how close Dylan was? And do we know where the bullet hit?

Contribution Points : 56782

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I think Patrick was hit by shotgun pellets which are smaller than the nine millimeter Dylan used. Dylan was gone after the shot his uninjured body fought to live a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylans headshot wound   Dylans headshot wound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylans headshot wound
Page 1 of 1