Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames

Go down 
+8
dyonqqr
QuestionMark
Carnifex879
6psicótico6orgulhoso6
Primate Murder
InsaneIntruder
Pixie13
James411
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Empty
PostSubject: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Eric and Dylan:
"NBK" "Judgement Day"

Alvaro Castillo:
"Operation Columbine"

Pekka Eric Auvinen:
"Operation Main Strike"
"Jokela High School Massacre 11/7/2007"

Friedrich Leibacher:
"Day Of Wrath"?

Last edited by TheOne99 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Jesse Osborne: Project Rainbow/Rainbow Day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:

wow wtf
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 5:56 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

wow wtf
Though he seemed to only refer to it as Rainbow Day, he also shared with his friends a picture of a t-shirt with "Project Rainbow" printed on it with a rainbow and 2 handguns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 am

Elliot Rodger - Day of Retribution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 2:33 am

Ziamber II wrote:
Elliot Rodger - Day of Retribution.

Ah yes, I was gonna add that one too but I forgot
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85039
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:20 pm

George Sodini "Exit Plan"
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56751
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Sort of confirms what massive losers they all were. I get Eric and Dylan having a code name as they talked about it together. Everyone else is just posturing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Sort of confirms what massive losers they all were. I get Eric and Dylan having a code name as they talked about it together. Everyone else is just posturing.

How is exactly just giving your shooting plan a name make you a loser?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Matti Saari:
"Massacre In Kauhajoki

Sebastian Bosse:
"The GSS Massacre" Yea wonder how that turned out LOL
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Giving your shooting plan a name like "Operation Main Strike" makes you sound like kid playing war games. They're not Hitler planning to invade Russia (Operation Barbarossa), but they give their mass-shooting a name to make it feel more grand and important than it is. The only reason to give something a code name is to communicate about it with someone else. With the exception of Eric and Dylan, I don't think there were other shootings where there were collaborators, therefore the naming of their planned murders of innocent people is just for their own ego. That is why naming a mass shooting plan is a loser thing to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Giving your shooting plan a name like "Operation Main Strike" makes you sound like kid playing war games.  They're not Hitler planning to invade Russia (Operation Barbarossa), but they give their mass-shooting a name to make it feel more grand and important than it is.   The only reason to give something a code name is to communicate about it with someone else. With the exception of Eric and  Dylan, I don't think there were other shootings where there were collaborators, therefore the naming of their planned murders of innocent people is just for their own ego. That is why naming a mass shooting plan is a loser thing to do.

First off, Operation Main Strike was inspired from the James Bond films Pekka liked (I never watched a James Bond film so idk what this whole "main strike" thing is about something from the movies plot though)
and in Pekka's eyes it was a war, a war against humanity itself. Or an "operation" (quote from his diary) if you will. And Pekka didn't see the people he were killing as innocent. He saw them as scum, as the enemies, as supporters of "the system"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Giving your shooting plan a name like "Operation Main Strike" makes you sound like kid playing war games.  They're not Hitler planning to invade Russia (Operation Barbarossa), but they give their mass-shooting a name to make it feel more grand and important than it is.   The only reason to give something a code name is to communicate about it with someone else. With the exception of Eric and  Dylan, I don't think there were other shootings where there were collaborators, therefore the naming of their planned murders of innocent people is just for their own ego. That is why naming a mass shooting plan is a loser thing to do.

I don't think so. Sure they're not Hitler planning to invade Russia, but to them - and from the perspective of one man's life - it is still grand and important: killing people and then killing yourself is something huge and irreversible. Each of them was a teenager who, all alone, brought destruction all around him. Eric and Dylan's "NBK" was a code name, but for other shooters it is probably only a name. They named the most important day of their life. They gave a name to the day that would change everything for them, to the goal they had for so many days, and the reason why they planned it, all alone, sometimes for years. We look at these shootings from an external point of view but for the shooters their shooting is probably something very personal, very intimate and yet so visible and shown to the whole world. So I don't see what is childish or loser-ish to give a name to such a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Neah wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:

I don't think so. Sure they're not Hitler planning to invade Russia, but to them - and from the perspective of one man's life - it is still grand and important: killing people and then killing yourself is something huge and irreversible. Each of them was a teenager who, all alone, brought destruction all around him. Eric and Dylan's "NBK" was a code name, but for other shooters it is probably only a name. They named the most important day of their life. They gave a name to the day that would change everything for them, to the goal they had for so many days, and the reason why they planned it, all alone, sometimes for years. We look at these shootings from an external point of view but for the shooters their shooting is probably something very personal, very intimate and yet so visible and shown to the whole world. So I don't see what is childish or loser-ish to give a name to such a day.

Exactly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Pixie13 wrote:

They might name their Shooting to give them maximum infamy in the hope of inspiring copycats. Pekka said he couldn't acheve much, but he wanted to inspire copycats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:

They might name their Shooting to give them maximum infamy in the hope of inspiring copycats. Pekka said he couldn't acheve much, but he wanted to inspire copycats.

Yes, Pekka knew that alone he could not kill off humanity, so he was very hoping someone would continue his war. Hoping that there would be more "soldiers" if you will
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:46 pm

And how does being inspired by a James Bond film make it any better? A one man war against humanity? A delusion of grandeur at best. IDK it just seems like they are trying too hard to make what they do seem something cooler than a grubby violent rage at their own inadequacy (Elliot Rodger is a prime example) with their "manifestos" and operations.

Also, how have you gone through life without seeing a James Bond film? I thought everyone has seen them. The books are a better, but a product of their time. Written by a former intelligence officer who was responsible for "Operation Mincemeat".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
And how does being inspired by a James Bond film make it any better?  A one man war against humanity? A delusion of grandeur at best.  IDK it just seems like they are trying too hard to make what they do seem something cooler than a grubby violent rage at their own inadequacy (Elliot Rodger is a prime example) with their "manifestos" and operations.

Also, how have you gone through life without seeing a James Bond film? I thought everyone has seen them. The books are a better, but a product of their time. Written by a former intelligence officer who was responsible for "Operation Mincemeat".

Pekka wasn't angry with himself. He was angry at the government. By all means he was a anarchist. And when he went into deeper thinking he started hating those who support the government hence him calling most of humanity "robots"

As for Elliot Rodger, I can see where your coming from, his social failures with girls were his fault, he was just too blinded by narcissism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
And how does being inspired by a James Bond film make it any better?  A one man war against humanity? A delusion of grandeur at best.  IDK it just seems like they are trying too hard to make what they do seem something cooler than a grubby violent rage at their own inadequacy (Elliot Rodger is a prime example) with their "manifestos" and operations.

I think their manifestos are often more childish, the kind of text blaming society for everything whereas they were the only one who could not fit into it. But keep in mind that many of them were still teenagers. And sometimes - often - teenagers do and say childish and cringey things, you know, trying to act rebel. Although they ended up being too much rebel with the shooting. But as for their manifestos, I think many of them were writing more as the frustrated teenager rather than as the seriously troubled and dangerous person.

Last edited by Neah on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:53 pm

You have to feel sorry for Pekka, alohough Elliot Roger just moaned when he never made any real attemps to ask anyone out.
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 pm

To be honest, I feel sorry for the majority of them. You must feel pretty crap if you think the best you can offer the world is death. Humans are a social animal, there is a primal urge to fit into your pack and find your place, so I imagine not being able to fit in with anyone must be scary and infuriating.

Agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] most of it is cringy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
To be honest, I feel sorry for the majority of them. You must feel pretty crap if you think the best you can offer the world is death. Humans are a social animal, there is a primal urge to fit into your pack and find your place, so I imagine not being able to fit in with anyone must be scary and infuriating.

Agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] most of it is cringy.

There is probably a primal urge if you can't fit into 'the pack'.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Michael Piggin (plot foiled): Operation Target Burleigh
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64108
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 2:41 am

Alex Hribal: Ragnarok

Employer_Square, dyonqqr and Engel like this post

Back to top Go down
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Contribution Points : 45485
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 am

David Ali Sonboly : Operation munich cleaning

"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski

MilverSoxie, Employer_Square and Engel like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 pm

TheOne99 wrote:

Alvaro Castillo:
"Operation Columbine"

Castillo also called it Project Columbine in his Journal
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68272
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Karl Pierson: Project Saguntum

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 am

Pixie13 wrote:
Also, how have you gone through life without seeing a James Bond film? I thought everyone has seen them.

thread sneaker

TheOne99 wrote:
Pekka wasn't angry with himself. He was angry at the government.

Probably goes without saying, but being angry with himself isn't mutually exclusive to being angry with the government and his environment. I'm sure there were times where (for example) Timothy McVeigh, consciously or unconsciously, felt angry at himself for failing to be a special forces soldier, being thin, lacking success with women, ending up a largely penniless war veteran, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Georg R. (not a mass shooter):
''Apocalypse Today''
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40234
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 8:04 pm

Brenton Harrison Tarrant: The go plan
Apparently some edgier online denizens refer to the attack as "the mosque prank," and Brenton referred to an enemy being on the top of the "prank list."

Last edited by dyonqqr on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 8:31 am

Alvaro castillo- "Operation columbine"
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Not quite a nickname, but more a personal codeword: Jacob Tyler Roberts (2012 Clackamas Town Center shooting) told everyone he was "moving to Hawaii," and used that phrase repeatedly to everyone he knew and talked to.

Adam Lanza also used "soldiers" and "infantry" as personal euphemisms for "shooters" and "mass shooting" in his private documents.

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Morné Harmse (2008 Nic Diederichs Technical High School sword attack):
The Masquerade (he wore a mask during the attack, as did his friends who did not join in.)

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 10:05 am

Matthew Swift and Ross McKnight (shooting plot): Project Rainbow (same as Jesse Osborne)
(I got this from another thread, so sorry if it turns out to be wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 30734
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:

First off, Operation Main Strike was inspired from the James Bond films Pekka liked (I never watched a James Bond film so idk what this whole "main strike" thing is about something from the movies plot though)
and in Pekka's eyes it was a war, a war against humanity itself. Or an "operation" (quote from his diary) if you will.  And Pekka didn't see the people he were killing as innocent. He saw them as scum, as the enemies, as supporters of "the system"

Operation main strike is the name of the villains plan in a view to a kill (1985) the movie being listed on his favorite movie list on his YouTube profile

Stinkfist

Contribution Points : 27268
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 10:25 pm

dyonqqr wrote:
Matthew Swift and Ross McKnight (shooting plot): Project Rainbow (same as Jesse Osborne)
(I got this from another thread, so sorry if it turns out to be wrong.)

Jesse Osborne copycats? wtf
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36184
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 1:08 am

Juan Manuel Morales Sierra (University Of The Balearic Islands plot): "Operación Columbainero", also called his plan "Karma"

He and Alvaro Castillo both had the same plan nickname but his was in Spanish.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 pm

Shane Fletcher (foiled): WM (Workington Massacre)

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29578
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 4:19 am

Kimveer Gill: Death Night.

Kaynhyde and vril dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2023 11:25 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
Kimveer Gill: Death Night.

Pretty sure you mean Death Knight, the title of one of his vampirefreaks entries

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames    Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Shooters Plan Nicknames
Page 1 of 1