Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newly released interview with James Holmes

Go down 
+2
STK
Tommy QTR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

Newly released interview with James Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Prosecutors have released hours of video showing Colorado theater shooter James Holmes’ interviews with a psychiatrist about the 2012 massacre in Aurora. The videos released Tuesday show Holmes being questioned by William Reid, a court-appointed psychiatrist who evaluated Holmes’ sanity.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Ooh, nice find.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 am

I've never heard him speak before, it's interesting to hear his voice. He sounds exceedingly average.

UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67607
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 am

Here's the rest of the interviews:

Parts 1 - 13:

Parts 14 - 20:
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:15 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've never heard him speak before, it's interesting to hear his voice. He sounds exceedingly average.
There's also a video of him giving a Science Presentation 6 years before the shooting:

He seems like such a normal, intelligent guy; it's a shame what mental illness can do to a person.

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Here's the rest of the interviews:

Parts 1 - 13:

Parts 14 - 20:
I didn't know there were other parts, great finds.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 am

If only they released the complete, unedited Martin Bryant interview.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85564
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 pm

James Holmes is kind of like Chris Watts they both lived in Denver, and seemed to successful people in their career but ended up committing evil crimes.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm

I am surprised he is not handcuffed in the interview what if he goes crazy and tried to bite the psychologist.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:45 pm

James411 wrote:
I am surprised he is not handcuffed in the interview what if he goes crazy and tried to bite the psychologist.

They could be giving him a sedative cocktail for every interview.

Of course only during the shooting did Holmes ever display unambiguous aggressive behavior.

James411

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 10:08 pm

I agree he was only aggressive and violent during the shooting, I read in jail somebody tried to jump him and he did not even fight back. I never read about him being violent before the shooting.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 am

I watched up to part 8, the interview actually discusses a lot of james holmes favorite media.

Favorite video games: StarCraft,Diablo 3, Super Smash Brothers
Favorite movies: Anchorman, Pulp Fiction, Batman
Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 38554
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Interview with Appel and Mehl right after the Aroura, CO Theater Shootings on 7-20-2012.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newly released interview with James Holmes   Newly released interview with James Holmes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newly released interview with James Holmes
Page 1 of 1