Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shrekt48

Contribution Points : 57797
Forum Reputation : 25

Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Do we know why Seung Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech shoot, wrote the words "ax Ishmael" on his arm in permanent marker?

Is it supposed to mean anything? A message, a name, a possible hint? Nothing more than the ramblings of a schizophrenic shooter?

I've even heard right wing nut jobs on the radio suggest it was his chosen Islamic name and al qaeda put him up to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:15 am

I think it may've been some alternate personality that he dreamt up for himself as a form of escapism or something similar. Cho was normally pretty timid and quiet but if you read his manifesto and watch his videos he seems to be acting like he's some kind of tough guy or badass. He says things like "Thanks to you, I die, like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the Weak and Defenseless people" and even refers to himself as "Ax Jesus Christ" which makes me think that maybe Ax Ishmael was some alternate version of himself that he saw as some kind of "savior" and "warrior" that was lashing out a society that he perceived as cruel and unfair to "the meek and oppressed". Of course I'm just speculating and we'll probably never know for certain since he's dead.

Link to Cho's manifesto if you haven't read it
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85414
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I read somewhere Ax Ismael is a character in the Koran but I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
alphawhiskey86

alphawhiskey86

Contribution Points : 50901
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 12:17 am

He says in his manifesto “I am Ax Ishmael. I am the Anti Terrorist of America” (pg. 21)

W̵̧̢̗̱̻̘̥̜̙͑̃͜e̴̥̬̓̇͒͑͂͠’̶̨̨̬̱̞͎̦͖̌̆̅̅̐̈́͜ȑ̸͍̋̔̍̔̄͂̊͘͜e̴̢̧͔͕̰͚̺͑͌̎͛̓ ̵̲̒̄̀͘ȃ̸̩̰̪̃ḷ̸̡͔̳͖̪̆͗̄̈́̾̇̓̍̒l̸̲͓͛̀̒̊͋͊̊͜͝ ̷̹̭͇̝̓̆̆̌̌̕l̷̠̊̏͆i̴̫̊͛͋̑͐̒͘͝͝v̴̠̜́̈́́̈͂͐̿̕͝͝i̵͚͛̿n̸̲̻̦̂͂̓̍g̸͓͕̱͙̼̯͌́̍̚͘ͅ ̶̡̞̙̮̜͋͑̑ì̷͈̄͗͒͐̈̽̆̚n̷̞̯̐̂̃̿ ̶̨͍̖̙̱̱̩̈́̃̋̎̅͌ͅë̸̮̥͔̭́̊a̸̰̬̩̣̗͒̌̌̾̌́̊c̵̺̜̙͍͗̒̄̉̓͐͐͌̆h̴͖͙̣͚̺͖̙̄̅̑̕͜ ̵̧͕͉̑̄̅̏̆̔̐̀ò̷̗̇̔͊͋̍̚͜t̷̨̡͍̳̲́̈́͋̅͆ͅh̷̢̳̭̟̖̀́̽̑̑͆͝͝ẹ̴͒̾r̴͕̬̙̰̩͕̖̋͛̇́͋̌͋ͅ’̶̫̗̱̞͎̩̆͛͑̀͂͛͌s̴͇̱̘̑̎̑́̈́̑̌̈́̚ ̵̥̮̾̋̅̏̋̒̌͛p̵̝̖̦̹̱̮̮̦̥̜̍a̵̯̞͉̺̭͔̥͆̐ͅr̴̡̢̲͎͈̖̘̿̇̏͛͋͌͌͗̚͝à̷͕͚͉̲͓̦̮͎̥̍̽̈́͑ǹ̴͇̝͇͑̋̉͒͐͆̄͘ơ̵̼͇͂͗̊̐̕͠i̸̧̝̣̠͋̎̂̓͋͛̅͛͛͝a̶͎͌̽̏̐͊͊̈̚
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56775
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:58 am

I believe Ax Ishmael was a persona he adopted. Similar to his other persona of “question mark”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael    Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seung Hui Cho - Ax Ishmael
Page 1 of 1