Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The image E & D wanted

Go down 
+2
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193532
Forum Reputation : 1317

The image E & D wanted  Empty
PostSubject: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 1:41 pm

I had a fleeting thought about the case today and it was kind of how Eric and Dylan really tried to control the narrative of their story. Dylan seemed really concerned with the way he’d look. On his to do list he put “buy pants and punk gloves.”

Eric dropped bread crumbs and talked about foreshadowing.

Then you have the way Sue portrays Dylan and how others perceived them are different from what they wanted.

How do you think Eric and Dylan wanted to be looked at? Do you think it was calculated?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96474
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 1:53 pm

I always laugh for some reason when Dylan said he looked fat in his coat. Not sure why.

I am sure the way they came off was calculated. Eric talked many times about other school shooters or attempted shooters and said he did not want to look like those cowards.

They came in almost militant like (or how I think they perceived to be militant) with their army munitions bags and combat boots. I think they wanted to be intimidating and further represented by their shirt phrase choices. I think they wanted to show they were not two kids that were to be pushed around or taken advantage of, however it seems to be how it came off

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 57026
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 2:16 pm

I doubt Dylan would want to be seen as the depressed follower/ junior partner.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
I doubt Dylan would want to be seen as the depressed follower/ junior partner.

I agree but it’s interesting the mask he wore beforehand... making plans, joking with friends etc..

I’m not entirely sure how Dylan wanted to be portrayed. I wish his friends commented on Sues book. I also wonder what he’d think of it...

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96474
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 2:27 pm

I wonder if he would be embarrassed about his mother telling such intimate stories about him. Esp stories of him being embarrassed/crying/depressed etc.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I wonder if he would be embarrassed about his mother telling such intimate stories about him.  Esp stories of him being embarrassed/crying/depressed etc.  

I think he would have. It probably would have made him feel uneasy and looked at as “weak”

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120678
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 8:54 pm

The image they wanted was to be the people responsible for the worst mass murder in history, since, you know, they wanted to blow up the school with hundreds of people in it. They wanted an event that would've eclipsed all the greatest tragedies of the 1990's, and leave a permanent impact on a world that disgusted them so.

Essentially, they were hoping to be teenage bin Ladens.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
The image they wanted was to be the people responsible for the worst mass murder in history, since, you know, they wanted to blow up the school with hundreds of people in it. They wanted an event that would've eclipsed all the greatest tragedies of the 1990's, and leave a permanent impact on a world that disgusted them so.

Essentially, they were hoping to be teenage bin Ladens.

They did get what they wanted in a way. They are the most studied I think and they are the ones who still have "followers"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105713
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 11:02 pm

I'm still surprised they never got around to sending the basement tapes to a bunch of news outlets like they planned.
They wanted to be infamous, and they most definitely got their wish.
Although they didn't kill nearly as much people as they wanted to,  it was the worst high-school shooting in America up to that point, by a long shot.

The shoddy actions of the police brought even more attention to Columbine.
They were held accountable, and had a nation wide protocol change on how to deal with an active shooter.

The fact it was two shooters from suburban middle class family's, who lived in a "religious" folks area blew people's minds and added to the allure.

Hell I just watched that show where it goes by decades showcasing everything important that happened, and in the 90's show Columbine had a longer section than most of the other important things that happened.
Only downside was they used Dave Cullen as an "expert". But they did interview the girl who was right next to Cassie, and she said Cassie never said a word before Eric shot her.
We already know that is the case, but I've never seen anyone actually speak out on camera about it not happening.

It's literally ingrained into the DNA of the 90's.

A lot of school shooters have looked up to E & D for inspiration, and I still hear Columbine talked about on news stations and the like.
I'm sure we've all been on the wrong side of tumblr and have seen all the girl groupies who seem to be in love with E & D.
I've even seen tumblrs with graphic sex stories about them with Eric and Dylan  Laughing .
What a time to be alive.

Point being although the shooting didn't go as planned, they definitely got the "fame" they wanted, and I doubt we will stop hearing about Columbine for a long time to come.
They never got their feature film directed by Tarantino though.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ValiantSoldier

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58446
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 am

They wanted to be seen as superior beings and an inspiration for followers. They wanted to "kick start a revolution" and "start a chain reaction". They wanted people to see them as role models for the dispossessed, angry, hurting and helpless. Such people who feel that way would follow in their footsteps and carry out a horrific act against the public. They got what they wanted in the end. Although the Columbiners, idk but surely they wanted to be glorified in whatever way possible, should it also be talking about them and whatnot.

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The image E & D wanted    The image E & D wanted  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The image E & D wanted
Page 1 of 1