Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Empty
PostSubject: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BERRY CREEK — Butte County investigators say an elementary school staff member called police Monday after watching surveillance footage of an armed person scoping out the school.

A white male armed with what appeared to be a small caliber rifle or a pellet gun with a scope was seen in the video jumping over a fence and onto Berry Creek Elementary School’s campus Sunday around 3 p.m., according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff’s office reports the video showed the person checking out different parts of the school for around 15 minutes.

After the discovery, school officials decided to cancel school activities for the rest of the day. Deputies will be in the area of the school while classes are in session until investigators can find the person in the video.

Butte County investigators say the male was between 15 and 20 years old. While he was on the school’s campus he was wearing dark clothing and a large, dark backpack. If you have any information about the person spotted on the school’s surveillance cameras you are asked to call the sheriff’s office.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you guys make of this ? Think someone was scouting the location or doing a dry run for a possible attack at a later date ? If that is the case this persons an idiot since that place is going to be under heavy security for a while now and they're lucky (for them) that they didn't get caught at the scene given how brazen it was.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm surprised that no nobody except for the security cameras spotted him. If it's not a pellet gun than it's most likely a .22 rifle. Seems to me this guy was planning an attack.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 5:54 pm

But why would he have taken his gun if he was just checking the location?

You know I saw the title of this thread early this morning when I wake up but didn't have time to check it up. My memory tricked me and I thought it was a nightmare I had made last night. This is so creepy, can you imagine checking the surveillance and suddenly noticing this guy lurking around with a rifle...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Neah wrote:

You know I saw the title of this thread early this morning when I wake up but didn't have time to check it up. My memory tricked me and I thought it was a nightmare I had made last night. This is so creepy, can you imagine checking the surveillance and suddenly noticing this guy lurking around with a rifle...

Who knows tbh, judging by his choice of weapon he may not be very bright (a .22 scoped rifle definitely is not the best weapon for committing mass murder) or, they could be actually like crazy crazy mentally ill and not be thinking rationally (I'm not talking like Nikolas Cruz or Eric Harris crazy but like actual schzio crazy like Jared Loughner or similar). Both of which could lead to the dumb idea of doing a rehearsal at the location of attack with actual weapons. Regardless, I hope they catch this guy before he does something stupid
Back to top Go down
ClayKash

ClayKash

Contribution Points : 55612
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 12:33 am

Walking for 15 minutes with a rifle in an elementary school... Cannot come from a mentally sane person. Let's hope he doesn't take it any further...

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 4:26 am

Hopefully he won't do anything.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Neah wrote:

Who knows tbh, judging by his choice of weapon he may not be very bright (a .22 scoped rifle definitely is not the best weapon for committing mass murder)

Maybe he's thinking of doing it sniper style?

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 10:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Neah wrote:

Who knows tbh, judging by his choice of weapon he may not be very bright (a .22 scoped rifle definitely is not the best weapon for committing mass murder)

Maybe he's thinking of doing it sniper style?

Possibly, although using a .22lr as a sniper would be even worse than just using it as a CQB rifle imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Israeli forces use .22 LR rifles as snipers (albeit less lethal ones, but they still kill people) at times. It could most definitely kill at a pretty long range if loaded with the proper ammo.

Last edited by NSAhoneypot on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 4:43 pm

We all forgot to check for news about it:

Update: Deputies ID person seen with gun at Berry Creek Elementary as 14-year-old boy

"BERRY CREEK, Calif. — Update as of Wednesday, March 20:

According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, the person seen on surveillance video carrying a gun on the Berry Creek Elementary School campus has been identified as a 14-year-old boy.

Officials say the boy lives in the area and during questioning admitted to being on the school grounds and being in possession of a pellet rifle. The boy denied any desire to harm anyone or any intent to plan an attack on the school.

The boy said he borrowed the pellet rifle from a friend and was using it to shoot at trees and cans. The deputies spoke with the boy about taking a pellet rifle on school property and explained the concern such conduct can cause.

The boy told deputies his movements were based on reenactments from video games and movies he has watched.

The case has been forwarded to the Butte County Juvenile Probation for review.

Deputies will continue to monitor the situation but at this point do not believe there is an ongoing threat to Berry Creek Elementary School or its students and facility. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Neah wrote:
We all forgot to check for news about it:

Update: Deputies ID person seen with gun at Berry Creek Elementary as 14-year-old boy

"BERRY CREEK, Calif. — Update as of Wednesday, March 20:

According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, the person seen on surveillance video carrying a gun on the Berry Creek Elementary School campus has been identified as a 14-year-old boy.

Officials say the boy lives in the area and during questioning admitted to being on the school grounds and being in possession of a pellet rifle. The boy denied any desire to harm anyone or any intent to plan an attack on the school.

The boy said he borrowed the pellet rifle from a friend and was using it to shoot at trees and cans. The deputies spoke with the boy about taking a pellet rifle on school property and explained the concern such conduct can cause.

The boy told deputies his movements were based on reenactments from video games and movies he has watched.

The case has been forwarded to the Butte County Juvenile Probation for review.

Deputies will continue to monitor the situation but at this point do not believe there is an ongoing threat to Berry Creek Elementary School or its students and facility. "

Thanks for this, I totally forgot about this (was only expecting to see it the news again if something bad came of it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School   Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surveillance Shows Person Carrying Rifle Wandering Around Elementary School
Page 1 of 1