Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Empty
PostSubject: Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later   Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Leading up to the 20th anniversary of the shooting at Columbine High School this month, a new feature documentary revisits the hallways of the Colorado school and explores the topic of school shootings through the experiences of survivors.

We Are Columbine, directed by one such survivor, Laura Farber, will be released in select theatres on April 9 by Virgil Films. It will also be on DVD and video on demand ahead of a streaming engagement on Hulu starting April 15.

Columbine was among the first high-profile cases of mass shootings erupting on a school campus. The heavy burden carried by survivors has returned to the news with two survivors of last year’s Parkland shooting in Florida committing suicide in recent weeks. The father of a young victim of the Sandy Hook tragedy also died by apparent suicide last week.

We Are Columbine follows four students who experienced the shooting at the school, which is in the Denver suburb of Littleton. Farber, who was a freshman at the time, captures the perspectives of classmates returning to the school for the first time and offering their accounts of the events then and their lives since. Some of the students who survived now are parents themselves, sending their children to schools whose campuses and administrations have been shaped by Columbine.

Virgil Films, founded and run by Joe Amodei, has been an active indie distributor since 2003. While it has released films of all stripes, it has gained a reputation in the documentary arena with films like the I Am … series featuring portraits of Paul Walker, Chris Farley and others, as well as Oscar-nominated titles like Restrepo.

I wonder if any new information will be shown in this documentary.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later   Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi, this is the same one that I saw in November. I did a little write up about it!

I got to meet Mr. DeAngelis and ask a question At the panel discussion.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later   Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Hi, this is the same one that I saw in November. I did a little write up about it!

Is it worth watching? Sounds like a 13 families part 2 sort of.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later   Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 pm

slippy123 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Is it worth watching? Sounds like a 13 families part 2 sort of.

Yes. I think it’s really good. There’s also some funny moments. One of the boys that was in the art room talked about how the swat team members caught him while he was peeing in the garbage can because they were stuck in the classroom for so long. So the kids had to take turns peeing

PostSubject: Re: Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later   Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine School Shooting Documentary Follows Survivors 20 Years Later
Page 1 of 1