Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you rather

Go down 
+6
Gold Digger
Lizpuff
Lunkhead McGrath
JayT
slippy123
HanShotFirst
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64562
Forum Reputation : 1210

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:09 pm

If it was discovered there was a lost security tape of the library, and you got to choose between watching it or getting to see the basement tapes, which would you choose to watch?

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105638
Forum Reputation : 1235

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:33 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
If it was discovered there was a lost security tape of the library, and you got to choose between watching it or getting to see the basement tapes, which would you choose to watch?

Basement tapes.
A video of the library would probably have no sound and terrible quality, and with smoke engulfing the library and most people under desks or tables, you probably wouldn't be able to see much.

I'd rather see Eric and Dylan in their houses talking about NBK and the events leading up to it.
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57401
Forum Reputation : 0

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:59 pm

The basement tapes still exist. Will you, or the public at large, ever get to see them, probably not unless you become a behavioral psychologist who is also employed at the FBI.

I’d choose the BT’s, since watching teenagers being murdered is not something I would care to see.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76536
Forum Reputation : 225

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 6:02 am

As for "real" library footage...it's entirely possible that I would watch it, in spite of the fact that I normally avoid massacre footage (will not be watching the New Zealand livestream thing.) I mean, it'd be a white elephant in the room...I'd probably be a little sick with myself because of it. I mean, we do already pretty well know what happened, and then again, we also know what's in the basement tapes. I'd pick the BTs possibly even though I have had a long standing suspicion that they're just two chimps talking lots of teenage boy bullshit to a camera.

And what do you mean "The basement tapes still exist"...I thought it was confirmed they were destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96399
Forum Reputation : 1190

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

As for "real" library footage...it's entirely possible that I would watch it, in spite of the fact that I normally avoid massacre footage (will not be watching the New Zealand livestream thing.)  I mean, it'd be a white elephant in the room...I'd probably be a little sick with myself because of it.  I mean, we do already pretty well know what happened, and then again, we also know what's in the basement tapes.  I'd pick the BTs possibly even though I have had a long standing suspicion that they're just two chimps talking lots of teenage boy bullshit to a camera.  

And what do you mean "The basement tapes still exist"...I thought it was confirmed they were destroyed?

So they say. But do you honestly believe Jeffco after all the other lies? I know I don't. As well as the FBI most likely has copies and they have never said either way about those.

HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64562
Forum Reputation : 1210

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Quote :
So they say.  But do you honestly believe Jeffco after all the other lies?  I know I don't.  As well as the FBI most likely has copies and they have never said either way about those.

There is no way the FBI didn't make their own copies of the tapes. And while a Colorado judge can order Jeffco police to destroy there copies, only the supreme Court has any jurisdiction over the FBI. Jeffco may have very well destroyed the originals and THEIR copies but the FBI has copies still and I would bet a lot on that

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 53464
Forum Reputation : 177

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Basement tapes no doubt. The library footage would have likely been too much for me to handle emotion-wise, couldn't handle Isaiah being dragged out from under the table No No No

Basement tapes would allow insight into the emotions of Eric and Dylan before the shooting

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58371
Forum Reputation : 0

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Basement tapes. Library would be a bit more accurate about what happened during the time of the massacre, but not much information to give us possible answers that lead up to columbine. Just maybe the basement tapes might give us more possible info the transcripts might not have shared.

Also wasn't this nixon tape Eric recorded considered as part of the basement tapes or separate?

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105638
Forum Reputation : 1235

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 pm

ValiantSoldier wrote:
Basement tapes. Library would be a bit more accurate about what happened during the time of the massacre, but not much information to give us possible answers that lead up to columbine. Just maybe the basement tapes might give us more possible info the transcripts might not have shared.

Also wasn't this nixon tape Eric recorded considered as part of the basement tapes or separate?

The nixon tape was considered part of the basement tapes I believe.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80722
Forum Reputation : 1491

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 pm

The basement tapes are the five video tapes filmed mostly in Eric's basement with the CHS video equipment. The Nixon tape is a microcassette audio tape. So, no.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69300
Forum Reputation : 255

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 pm

I'd go with the basement tapes, would give me more insight on the boys and to see their behavior in them, facial expressions, etc.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70548
Forum Reputation : 345

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 pm

The basement tapes no question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Would you rather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather   Would you rather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you rather
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: