Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine myths.

Go down 
+11
Fatheroftwo
em81
MarmaladeSkies
deathmedic
mrc123
areyoulistening
Lifetime
tragedy79
philosopher_king
BurnIt
Jenn
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119158
Forum Reputation : 1004

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 am

Myth discussions.

Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Contribution Points : 102067
Forum Reputation : 0

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:04 pm

The Eric was a psychopath myth bugs me the most.
Cullen is such an ass.

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101722
Forum Reputation : 8

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Dave Sanders died alone when he was actually surrounded by students and a few teacher(I think) when he died. Not to mention, he was still alive after he was shot but died from not receiving medical care sooner enough.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 102395

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
Dave Sanders died alone when he was actually surrounded by students and a few teacher(I think) when he died. Not to mention, he was still alive after he was shot but died from not receiving medical care sooner enough.

I thought that he actually did die alone, because the SWAT team ordered everyone out, including the kid who was giving first aid. And when finally the paramedics arived they couldn't do nothing anymore.

But correct me if I am wrong!

philosopher_king

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

tragedy79 wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:

I thought that he actually did die alone, because the SWAT team ordered everyone out, including the kid who was giving first aid. And when finally the paramedics arived they couldn't do nothing anymore.

I can't confirm if "the SWAT team ordered everyone out." If it did happen, I doubt they would leave him alone by himself while he bleed to death. I would imagine someone there would be there to help him before the paramedics arrived.

Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102528

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Cullen is such an ass.

Why is that?

Jenn

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Cullen is such an ass.
Did you know Eric got tons of dates and was popular, according to Cullen?

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:

I can't confirm if "the SWAT team ordered everyone out." If it did happen, I doubt they would leave him alone by himself while he bleed to death. I would imagine someone there would be there to help him before the paramedics arrived.

In the documentary, "Zero Hour", didn't the kid who said he was there with Dave Sanders say that they were ordered to leave and that he didn't find out until the next day that Dave had died? That would lead me to believe that Dave did die alone.

Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I think Eric being a psychopath is the most irritating myth because it ties the whole thing up in a nice neat package...psycho kills people what are ya gonna do that's a psychopath for you. There. Done. No further explanations needed. It's just so lazy and it's terrible science to diagnose a person posthumously. I get irritable when people fuck around with science.

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 pm

I thought Cullen had a SWAT team member with him when he died.

Jenn

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 pm

BurnIt wrote:
I thought Cullen had a SWAT team member with him when he died.
Cullen? Lol.

Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Sorry. Sanders.

Cullen will die clutching his book of lies.

Contribution Points : 102197

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Cullen will die clutching his book of lies.

Reminds me of Elf. "You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa. You sit on a throne of lies"

Actually "You sit on a throne of lies" should always be said when talking to Cullen about his steaming heap he calls fact.

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 pm

lol @ "You sit on a throne of lies"

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 pm

I think the Cassie myth is interesting.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Ivan wrote:

As a Christian, I find the Cassie myth really frustrating. Just on the Christian point of view and how it was handled.
I think fair play to Val, it kept her alive. But the way that the Christian community almost treated Cassie as a martyr, drives me bananas.
I suppose it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't think Yes or No was saving anyone that day.
They didn't kill anyone they talked to. It might be a coincidence but I have always felt that was meaningful. For whatever reason.

Jenn

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Ivan wrote:

I agree and they even wrote a book on it.

Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 am

areyoulistening wrote:
Ivan wrote:

As a Christian, I find the Cassie myth really frustrating. Just on the Christian point of view and how it was handled.
I think fair play to Val, it kept her alive. But the way that the Christian community almost treated Cassie as a martyr, drives me bananas.
I suppose it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Some people sort of need a contemporary that they can treat as a martyr to fill a void. If it makes people better it might be worth it. Though eventually a myth has a short life and will eventually be forgotten now that the truth has replaced myth.
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 98042

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

correct me is I'm wrong, but I don't think that it's possible that Danny Rohrbaugh held the door open for people.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102249
Forum Reputation : 10

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 am

BurnIt wrote:
They didn't kill anyone they talked to. It might be a coincidence but I have always felt that was meaningful. For whatever reason.
You mean direct communications with?
Technically they spoke to everyone in the library when they came in and yelled "Get up"

But the ones they actually conversed with I think they didn't kill them... Maybe it made them "Human" to E&D and therefore they didn't kill them....

Or I'll state my speculations as Cullen would....

They didn't kill anyone they had a direct conversation with because it made them seem more human, and Dylan was craving the human interactions. While Eric was shooting everyone around him. It was at this point Dylan thought about calling off the massacre.
Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101766

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 pm

deathmedic wrote:
BurnIt wrote:
Technically they spoke to everyone in the library when they came in and yelled "Get up"

But the ones they actually conversed with I think they didn't kill them...  Maybe it made them "Human" to E&D and therefore they didn't kill them....

They didn't kill anyone they had a direct conversation with because it made them seem more human, and Dylan was craving the human interactions. While Eric was shooting everyone around him. It was at this point Dylan thought about calling off the massacre.
You're almost correct. Before the shooting when Dylan walked into the cafeteria alone he actually used a payphone to call Jefferson County P.D for help but Eric had already disabled the Columbine phone line in preparation for Dylan trying to back out.
Back to top Go down

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 pm

I didn't know anywhere else to post this, and I truly apologize if this question has already been asked, but is there still a "Trench Coat Mafia" group at Columbine High School today? Or did the group die out after the massacre?
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 pm

VictorianDoll wrote:
I didn't know anywhere else to post this, and I truly apologize if this question has already been asked, but is there still a "Trench Coat Mafia" group at Columbine High School today? Or did the group die out after the massacre?
As far as I know, they'd pretty much disbanded by the time Eric and Dylan were seniors. Most of the TCM had already graduated by that stage.

Contribution Points : 102249
Forum Reputation : 10

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 am

I think it was just a little clique... nothing major nor something that would stick around for years...
What I wonder is if current students act like saying E&Ds name is like Voldemort... AKA he who should not be named.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101624
Forum Reputation : 3

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 am

MarmaladeSkies wrote:
deathmedic wrote:
BurnIt wrote:

But the ones they actually conversed with I think they didn't kill them...  Maybe it made them "Human" to E&D and therefore they didn't kill them....

You're almost correct. Before the shooting when Dylan walked into the cafeteria alone he actually used a payphone to call Jefferson County P.D for help but Eric had already disabled the Columbine phone line in preparation for Dylan trying to back out.
lol

Back to top Go down

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 pm

What about Joseph Stair, did he really commit suicide by hanging himself?
And if that's true, why would he want to leave behind his two little children?
Why would he do it in the first place? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 pm

VictorianDoll wrote:
Yes he did. Depression is an awful thing and to the people that he left behind I'm sure it made no sense to them either.
I hope his children are okay.

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:09 pm

areyoulistening wrote:

Yes he did. Depression is an awful thing and to the people that he left behind I'm sure it made no sense to them either.
I hope his children are okay.
That is truly tragic.
I wonder if his depression/suicide had anything to do with Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83638

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 pm

BurnIt wrote:

Pretty positive they killed a few+ they spoke to, they certainly intended to kill a few they spoke with.

Richard C. opened up 10 years later & backed up what he'd said to his mother.. that E or D had approached Rachel after the initial shots & made negative religious based comments before a close range and final shot. Isaiah Shoels was called the N word.. he died.

Val Schnuer fortunately lived.. she was the survivor who had a confirmed conversation based on faith in God. She was shot 9 times.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 pm

deathmedic wrote:
I think it was just a little clique... nothing major nor something that would stick around for years...
What I wonder is if current students act like  saying E&Ds name is like Voldemort... AKA he who should not be named.

My daughter is a FR @ ASU. Just tday we were discussing her ASU friends that recently graduated from Columbine. They told her it was for them individually a memory in terms of an event vs individuals... creepy place @ first, but soon an accepted part of the school's history.

With each passing year it becomes less & less about the individuals.. current students were either not yet born or 2 yrs old. Little to no personal connection to victims/shooters.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Guest wrote:

Credible sources have stated his ex was cheating on him with a friend of his & giving him issues regarding the kids/visitation.
His sister was a frequent poster on a board and very convincing in stating reasons she knows it wasnt foul play.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98393
Forum Reputation : 154

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:42 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
BurnIt wrote:

Pretty positive they killed a few+ they spoke to, they certainly intended to kill a few they spoke with.  

Richard C. opened up 10 years later & backed up what he'd said to his mother..  that E or D had approached Rachel after the initial shots & made negative religious based comments before a close range and final shot.  Isaiah Shoels was called the N word..  he died.

Val Schnuer fortunately lived..   she was the survivor who had a confirmed conversation based on faith in God.  She was shot 9 times.

I guess it depends what words they used. I thought it was Dylan quoted as saying "Hey Reb, there's a nigger over here" which I guess is Dylan talking to Eric rather than to Isaiah.

That said, did Eric not say "nice glasses" to Daniel Mauser?

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98138
Forum Reputation : 440

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 9:46 am

[quote="Fatheroftwo"]
BurnIt wrote:

I think they probably did. emembe rthat the fire alarm was howling all the time when they were inside the library. People mostly did not hear any conversations outside those with people under the same table or shouts.

A good example is the fact that Dylan and Savage had to shout to one another when talking even being just a few feet away. Dylan for example did not understand Savage's initial question and shouted: "What?", Savage had to repeat his question again shouting for Dylan to hear him over the alarm.

Amanda Stair who was there also, frequently mentioned that she might have heard this-or-that, but was not sure if she heard it right because the fire alarm was so loud.
The 911 call also did not clearly record everying outside of loud noises and shouts.

In general, we can only be sure what they said only if there was a survivor nearby to witness and hear it. One certain example would be Eric saying "peekaboo" to Cassie Bernall before killing her. We would never know about this had it not ben for a suviving witness who was under the same table as Bernall.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Lee

Abigail Lee

Contribution Points : 82115

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:01 pm

I have read a lot of conspiracy theories saying that CIA ,NATO ,FBI False flag was involved that it was an inside job .There have been other shooters who were not students but the males in their 30s .
And there (on live leak ) you have videos called the un-dead of Columbine claiming that some victims are alive (Cassie ,Rachel ,Matt ) that is creepy .

Mind is the destroyer
Soul is the survivor
Which one you listen to...
YOU BECOME - me.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:55 pm

One thing that I thougth was real, but is a myth.

E&D never made a countdown to suicide. Its a myth.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83589
Forum Reputation : 80

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:12 pm

I can't find the source now, but I'd recently read that a sniper had Dylan in his sights but was ordered not to shoot. Is that true? I'm not a conspiracy type, but when I hear stuff like that its hard for me not to think they're was something a little deeper going on that day.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I can't find the source now, but I'd recently read that a sniper had Dylan in his sights but was ordered not to shoot. Is that true? I'm not a conspiracy type, but when I hear stuff like that its hard for me not to think they're was something a little deeper going on that day.

Hard to say but the mundane experience migth be that they still did not have a positive ID on both shooters.

But I was not there, not sure what the sniper saw or what the ID procedure was.

I know there WERE snipers on roofs of local houses at the end of the shooting at least. So that part is true.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Columbine myths. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine myths.   Columbine myths. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine myths.
Page 1 of 1