Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contrast

Go down 
+2
Lizpuff
cakeman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80772
Forum Reputation : 1491

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 2:52 am

The proper name for this thread is not allowed as its the name of a certain blog. Dylan dropping out of philosophy is a bit surprising given his writing. Possibly, his teachers failed him by failing to mention Heraclitus (who I'm sure Eric would like as well). The tension of the string pulled in both directions produces the harmony.

What are all the ways Eric and Dylan were a unity of opposites?

Eric short, Dylan tall
Eric short hair, Dylan long hair
Eric white shirt, Dylan black shirt
Eric right handed, Dylan left handed
Eric proactive, maybe even OCD, Dylan lazy
Eric "wanted to kill, and didn't care if he died" Dylan "wanted to die, and didn't care if he killed"; or maybe "psychopathic/depressive" if you like
Eric "full of HATE and he loves it", Dylan "full of LOVE and he hates it"
Eric wants to be the wild animal, "natural selection", "tier", "wilder wein"; Dylan wants to be a god, the "god of sadness" (I know e. g. Eric's journal was the book of God, still seems like one to add)

They copied each other a lot as well, but just to throw another angle into the mix, and something about which Dylan rambled quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 am

cakeman wrote:
The proper name for this thread is not allowed as its the name of a certain blog. Dylan dropping out of philosophy is a bit surprising given his writing. Possibly, his teachers failed him by failing to mention Heraclitus (who I'm sure Eric would like as well). The tension of the string pulled in both directions produces the harmony.

What are all the ways Eric and Dylan were a unity of opposites?

Eric short, Dylan tall
Eric short hair, Dylan long hair
Eric white shirt, Dylan black shirt
Eric right handed, Dylan left handed
Eric proactive, maybe even OCD, Dylan lazy
Eric "wanted to kill, and didn't care if he died" Dylan "wanted to die, and didn't care if he killed"; or maybe "psychopathic/depressive" if you like
Eric "full of HATE and he loves it", Dylan "full of LOVE and he hates it"
Eric wants to be the wild animal, "natural selection", "tier", "wilder wein"; Dylan wants to be a god, the "god of sadness" (I know e. g. Eric's journal was the book of God, still seems like one to add)
They copied each other a lot as well, but just to throw another angle into the mix, and something about which Dylan rambled quite a bit.

That is a good list
Eric "full of HATE and he loves it", Dylan "full of LOVE and he hates it" - I hate this tumblr quote lol

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69350
Forum Reputation : 255

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am

Dylan glasses, eric no glasses?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 64114
Forum Reputation : 0

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:08 am

Eric conservative, Dylan progressive
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66394
Forum Reputation : 70

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am

Eric was known for his hair-trigger temper whereas Dylan bottled up his rage.
Back to top Go down

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 am

Eric was fixated on society/life and the things he disliked about it, pretty much agnostic. Dylan was for the things he noticed outside of it, spiritually attentive.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Dylan's original idea for a mass murder involved pairing up with a girl and shooting anyone he hated. Eric's idea for a mass murder was an Timothy McVeigh inspired bombing.

While both of them liked NIN (in particular The Downward Spiral), Dylan seemed more fond of the band's calmer songs like "Piggy" and "Hurt", while Eric liked "Closer" and (presumably) the Broken EP.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Wed May 08, 2019 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Eric conservative, Dylan progressive
Hm, not sure if I buy this characterization, but it does leave one out I missed. Eric Aryan (even if the NSDAP interest was a LARP to piss off dad or whatever) and Dylan a Jew (even if he seemed to identify as white and like the NSDAP as much as a teenager could, with e. g. the Charles Manson interest).

All very interesting and appreciated responses, but I would try to add the difference between negation and opposite. Not just "dylan had glasses, Eric didn't"; need e. g. "eric had keen eyesight, dylan had poor eyesight" if that's true.

Also, if you're triggered by mention of Aryan/Jew, just to show I didn't invent it, I'll offer Atti cana:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 4:44 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Dylan's original idea for a mass murder involved pairing up with a girl and shooting anyone he hated. Eric's idea for a mass murder was an Timothy McVeigh inspired bombing.

While both of them liked NIN (in particular The Downward Spiral, Dylan seemed more fond of the band's calmer songs like "Piggy" and "Hurt", while Eric liked "Closer" and (presumably) the Broken EP.
Hm, if I tried to make one with music, and I'm forcing it a bit since they liked a lot of the same stuff, supposedly Dylan liked droning music over lyrics according to Devon, while Eric seemed to like meaningful lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contrast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast   Contrast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contrast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: