Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan’s “love” part... 82?

Go down 
+5
SandraSmit19
libertine1996
properground
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193771
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm

I revisited an interview with Sue. She had mentioned the love letters that Dylan had written.she did say there was one specific girl that he wrote a lot about and she said in the letter he had talked about going doing a double suicide with her. So I think it was thr love letter that was also the suicide note the “I’m a criminal” Not any of his poems. She said that this girl was interviewed by the FBI but did not know Dylan at all. However if she was interviewed by the FBI, It would be in the 11 K? I know there’s a lot missing but I’m just wondering if there’s a reason it wasn’t put in or if there’s maybe a witness statement from someone that wasn’t in Dylan’s circle that’s heavily redacted? I know most of us think that towards the end his halcyon girl was made up and I agree. I just thought of this evidence wise.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96699
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I revisited an interview with Sue. She had mentioned the love letters that Dylan had written.she did say there was one specific girl that he wrote a lot about and she said in the letter he had talked about going doing  a double suicide with her. So I think it was thr love letter that was also the suicide note  the “I’m a criminal” Not any of his poems. She said that this girl was interviewed by the FBI but did not know Dylan at all. However if she was interviewed by the FBI, It would be in the 11 K? I know there’s a lot missing but I’m just wondering if there’s a reason it wasn’t put in or if there’s maybe a witness statement from someone that wasn’t in Dylan’s  circle that’s heavily redacted? I know most of us think that towards the end his halcyon girl was made up and  I agree. I just thought of this evidence wise.

A lot of what is in the 11k is from Jeffco. There are some FBI reports in the 11k I dont know about you but I don't think its all there. In any case I can't recall anything that stands out. Perhaps someone else can

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I revisited an interview with Sue. She had mentioned the love letters that Dylan had written.she did say there was one specific girl that he wrote a lot about and she said in the letter he had talked about going doing  a double suicide with her. So I think it was thr love letter that was also the suicide note  the “I’m a criminal” Not any of his poems. She said that this girl was interviewed by the FBI but did not know Dylan at all. However if she was interviewed by the FBI, It would be in the 11 K? I know there’s a lot missing but I’m just wondering if there’s a reason it wasn’t put in or if there’s maybe a witness statement from someone that wasn’t in Dylan’s  circle that’s heavily redacted? I know most of us think that towards the end his halcyon girl was made up and  I agree. I just thought of this evidence wise.

A lot of what is in the 11k is from Jeffco.  There are some FBI reports in the 11k   I dont know about you but I don't think its all there.  In any case I can't recall anything that stands out.  Perhaps someone else can

That makes sense. I think people like Zack and Nate got interviewed by the FBI and more than likely Eric Dylan’s parents

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Becca Heins?
Back to top Go down
properground

Contribution Points : 58674
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 am

I was just going through the 11k, and I found this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's obviously a love letter Dylan wrote. Whoever it's about has 10 letters in her name. I think the second letter is "H" for "holds" ("is how she _____ me helpless in her beautiful gaze").

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
libertine1996

Contribution Points : 66175
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 7:53 am

If you take a look at the yearbook it's very hard to find forenames with 10 letters. But on the other hand I don't think he uses the last name of the girl to write the poem Question ....  
Very difficult to solve :-D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 2:32 pm

properground wrote:
I was just going through the 11k, and I found this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's obviously a love letter Dylan wrote. Whoever it's about has 10 letters in her name. I think the second letter is "H" for "holds" ("is how she _____ me helpless in her beautiful gaze").

Any ideas?

A lot of people theorize that it is Marla Foust. I've seen other people guess that it is supposed to be for Tobin Kennedy. It's never been made public, so all we can do is speculate.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103569
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:50 pm

It has to be ten letters though. I've often thought it might be Erin Boortz. Humor me for a moment. The words in ( ) are words I'm not sure of. His writing really was atrocious.

E is for the Endless joy she gives me.

R is for how she Renders me helpless with her beautiful gaze.

I is for the Infinite moments she shares (with) me.

N is for the New found love that I've been looking for all my life.

B is the (beauty) of us as a couple.

At this point Dylan abandons the whole 'is for' thing. Like he got tired halfway through and just decided 'fuck it'. Anyway, here's the rest.

O : How Often I hope to spend time with her.

O : How she is the Only one (??) that I have ever loved.

R : Is for the ( ) ways we can look at the stars.

T : How (terribly? terrifically?) beautiful she is.

Z : Her Zest for everything she does.

Now I fully realize that once you have a name in mind, you can make the words be pretty much anything BUT I'm pretty sure about some of them.

The first one Endless Joy sounds like it makes sense. And no other word comes as naturally. Infinite sounds pretty good as well since it was a word Dylan was half in love with anyway and I think it goes well with moments. Then there's New found love. What else if not New? What other words could go there? How she is the ... one I have ever loved. How can that be anything but Only? The rest of them are pretty out there (and the R gives me fits) but then I'd committed to Erin Boortz, so what can you do?  Very Happy

On a side note, Erin Boortz was a very pretty girl but doesn't look like she was a cheerleader or anything (you can usually tell). Maybe she was very nice to him. And in her interview she claimed not to know Dylan at all.

Maybe I'm way off but since all we're doing here is speculating anyway, I figured I'd throw it out there.

Edit: When you google her name in google images she comes up as the first picture and apparently I'm not the only who thinks she might have been the girl.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103297
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:39 am

I still think it was Marla Foust. It fits the most IMO, and so do the dates since she'd be a freshman when he was a junior. She'd be one of the new classmen that just arrived at Columbine High School...someone "pure" who hasn't been contaminated by the school yet.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72997
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:26 am

SandraSmit19 wrote:
It has to be ten letters though.

so is Devon Adams another likely candidate? scratch

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81072
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 am

SandraSmit19 wrote:
It has to be ten letters though. I've often thought it might be Erin Boortz. Humor me for a moment. The words in ( ) are words I'm not sure of. His writing really was atrocious.

E is for the Endless joy she gives me.

R is for how she Renders me helpless with her beautiful gaze.

I is for the Infinite moments she shares (with) me.

N is for the New found love that I've been looking for all my life.

B is the (beauty) of us as a couple.

At this point Dylan abandons the whole 'is for' thing. Like he got tired halfway through and just decided 'fuck it'. Anyway, here's the rest.

O : How Often I hope to spend time with her.

O : How she is the Only one (??) that I have ever loved.

R : Is for the ( ) ways we can look at the stars.

T : How (terribly? terrifically?) beautiful she is.

Z : Her Zest for everything she does.

Now I fully realize that once you have a name in mind, you can make the words be pretty much anything BUT I'm pretty sure about some of them.

The first one Endless Joy sounds like it makes sense. And no other word comes as naturally. Infinite sounds pretty good as well since it was a word Dylan was half in love with anyway and I think it goes well with moments. Then there's New found love. What else if not New? What other words could go there? How she is the ... one I have ever loved. How can that be anything but Only? The rest of them are pretty out there (and the R gives me fits) but then I'd committed to Erin Boortz, so what can you do?  Very Happy

On a side note, Erin Boortz was a very pretty girl but doesn't look like she was a cheerleader or anything (you can usually tell). Maybe she was very nice to him. And in her interview she claimed not to know Dylan at all.

Maybe I'm way off but since all we're doing here is speculating anyway, I figured I'd throw it out there.

Edit: When you google her name in google images she comes up as the first picture and apparently I'm not the only who thinks she might have been the girl.

I like this theory. The R looks to me like the ___ "where we can look at the stars", so how about roof? Also looks like "how big her" is scratched our for the B.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103569
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 8:09 am

Amarantha wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:
It has to be ten letters though.

so is Devon Adams another likely candidate? scratch

Could be, but the way Dylan writes about her doesn't make it seem like it's someone he already knows quite well.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if either of them had some more than friendly feelings for each other at some point...Dylan’s crushes changed as often as underwear it seems.

I just don’t think Dylan was writing about her.

There’s one part of his “journal” where he apologizes and says “I love you and I’m
Sorry” some people have said that may have been to Devon during their fight.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96699
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 am

Some theorize the name was Eric Harris lmao. I do think there are many many names that would fit this and I don't think it was necessarily someone that Dylan knew well or maybe even knew at all. We know he fantasized a lot. So who knows who he put into his fantasies.

Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76961
Forum Reputation : 275

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 pm

My favorite theory is still that the girl in question doesn't exist at all and he just made her up.

Of course, I have no idea what the truth really is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
My favorite theory is still that the girl in question doesn't exist at all and he just made her up.  

Of course, I have no idea what the truth really is.  

I think the girl most definitely started out as someone very real and maybe even attending Columbine. This girl, however, evolved over time in Dylan's own mind and his writings into someone who wasn't real at all. The standards he set for his "halcyon girl" would be unachievable by most women especially high school aged girls. Whoever this was that he fantasized about morphed into a dream girl that didn't exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 pm

One girl was real, she was interviewed by the FBI

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s “love” part... 82?   Dylan’s “love” part... 82? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan’s “love” part... 82?
Page 1 of 1