Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?

Go down 
+7
ChoHuiSeung
yves
NEXT STEP UP
ZELLAweistDAY33
symbolz
AmyistWarrior
sympathyforEandD
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71694
Forum Reputation : 486

Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Empty
PostSubject: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Which shooting are you currently interested in where information or footage is being withheld because reasons? This could be CCTV footage, crime scene photos, documents, etc.

Today I learned that out of the 25 minutes of video, 43 photographs and 23 pages of text that comprised the manifesto Seung-Hui Cho mailed to NBC, only 2 minutes of video, 7 photographs and the text were released to the public. Some fuckheads at NBC took it upon themselves to gatekeep the rest of the information, leaving us with an incomplete framework for deducing Cho's motives. More than a decade later, the ship has clearly sailed on the rest of his manifesto ever seeing the light of day. So as researchers, we've basically been denied the full story, and will never know what Seung said in the remaining 23 minutes of footage. Freedom of Information requests for the V-Tech crime scene photos and 911 call transcripts have also been denied because legal jargon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Obviously Vegas. We've heard nothing about it really. Nothing about Paddock. Part of me thinks, though, it is because there is nothing to learn about him. I think LE are just as confused as we are to why he committed the shooting. His reasoning died with him.
Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 13047
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 7:31 pm

Monkseaton. I wish there was more information about this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 6:58 pm

I wish I could see more info about the weis, uvalde, sandy hook, virginia tech shootings
Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 18004
Forum Reputation : 127

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 7:36 pm

I'm hoping that Audrey Hale (Nashville shooter)'s manifesto will be released. There's a legal battle about it right now, of course.

CanIHelpYou, Kartoffeln, anna444, AMCdanbury and fivefourteam like this post

Back to top Go down
ZELLAweistDAY33

ZELLAweistDAY33

Contribution Points : 21819

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 10:44 pm

Colegio Americano Del noreste School shooting

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43332
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 2:53 am

Tree Of Life, though ig there isn't much to display. Robert Bowers wasn't exactly a social media person

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
yves

yves

Contribution Points : 13186
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 1:44 am

Santa Fe doesn't even have the excuse of having a low kill count or a dead shooter for nobody to talk about it... gatekeeping at its finest :[

QuestionMark and NEXT STEP UP like this post

Back to top Go down
ChoHuiSeung

ChoHuiSeung

Contribution Points : 17800

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 1:39 am

I would say Vegas, Uvalde, and Virginia tech which i can understand why they would not want a lot of info out about Uvalde and especially Vegas.

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 2:39 am

Last edited by TilikumTyke223 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120878
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 12:24 pm

Not a proper mass murder but the Northern BC murder spree has very scant information on it posted publicly.

Besides that, take your pick of Chinese rampage killings and those are all severely gatekeeped.

Finally of course, there's still a wealth of information about the Nashville shooting that hasn't been released.

vril, xDarkRazoR and Vlixu23 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lovely_Jam

Lovely_Jam

Contribution Points : 7317
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2023 11:34 pm

Although it is a familicide, I would like to know more about the familicide in Israel in 1986 where a kid killed 4 members of his family.

Netflix made a documentary called the motive, which is bullshit, because literally the entire documentary is about his motive and at the end of it all, it ends with the boy's lawyer saying that he knows what his motive is but he won't tell.

There is almost no information about him, and it is very difficult to find articles about the case.

The only thing I know is that an Israeli news interviewed him and that apparently after the documentary, he was fired from his job after coworkers discovered his past, his name and current photo were revealed after this last incident but now I don't remember it

Kaynhyde and vril dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Woundfucker

Woundfucker

Contribution Points : 7905
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 12:11 am

Virginia tech, it's rarely ever talked about and not much information has been released about it. Luckily on the school shooter.info site I was able to read some of cho's writings and managed to find a documentary about VT on YouTube. Also westroads mall.
Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22679
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 12:11 am

Lovely_Jam wrote:
Although it is a familicide, I would like to know more about the familicide in Israel in 1986 where a kid killed 4 members of his family.

Netflix made a documentary called the motive, which is bullshit, because literally the entire documentary is about his motive and at the end of it all, it ends with the boy's lawyer saying that he knows what his motive is but he won't tell.

There is almost no information about him, and it is very difficult to find articles about the case.

The only thing I know is that an Israeli news interviewed him and that apparently after the documentary, he was fired from his job after coworkers discovered his past, his name and current photo were revealed after this last incident but now I don't remember it

That's cool and all but I hope you eventually realize you're wasting your time caring about a case nobody else cares about because it's BORING.

Darkness likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 12:46 am

Lovely_Jam wrote:

Zella that u?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?   Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which shooting has the worst gatekeeping of information?
Page 1 of 1