Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Empty
PostSubject: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 8:21 am

I read the book by Maryse Wolinski, the wife of one of the journalists killed during the attack. The book is untitled "Darling, I'm Going to Charlie" and I read it in English because I bought it in a charity shop in London.

It's very interesting and it focuses on the shooting, her mourning and the aftermath for Charlie Hebdo. She also talks about how the police both ignored threats before the attack and badly responded during the shooting.

Here are some extracts I found interesting:

p. 11-12 about how the attackers looked and how people thought there was a third man:

p. 14-15, about a threat before the shooting:

p. 21:

p. 23-24, about Coco opening the door to the terrorists:

p. 33, about a man who filmed the policeman being murdered:

p. 46, about the policemen being too shocked to get close to the bodies:

p. 88, about seeing the body of her husband at the morgue:

p. 97, about the equipment of policemen:

p. 109, about security after the shooting:

p. 113, about the issue of security in Charlie's building:

Last edited by Neah on Fri May 03, 2019 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:03 pm

I was unaware a book on Charlie was out. I read the excerpts you posted. Sounds like an interesting read. I’m def going to try and track it down. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm

It's interesting and moving and it's short (127 pages). I usually don't like to read but I liked this book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you for sharing! Though I clearly remember the shooting, I don't know very much about it.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64108
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 4:08 pm

It is one of my favorite cases to read on the internet, aside from the November Paris Attacks. I would have gotten better info if I am not suffering from poverty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 5:47 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
It is one of my favorite cases to read on the internet, aside from the November Paris Attacks. I would have gotten better info if I am not suffering from poverty.

Tommy QTR once posted a good documentary about the shooting iirc, I'll try to find it.

Here are a two cartoons that were in the "survivor's issue":

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 6:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Here is the documentary about the January 2015 attacks

And the Netflix documentary series about November 13 was very well done and very moving, I recommend you watch it if you have the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67082
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:31 am

Neah wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Here is the documentary about the January 2015 attacks

And the Netflix documentary series about November 13 was very well done and very moving, I recommend you watch it if you have the opportunity.

I think there is a documentary on the January attacks on Netflix too, well in my region nonetheless. It's just called Je suis Charlie or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 12:09 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Neah wrote:

I think there is a documentary on the January attacks on Netflix too, well in my region nonetheless. It's just called Je suis Charlie or something like that.

I checked and for now there is nothing on Netflix here. The documentary you mentioned has been on Netflix but it's not there anymore, it was indeed called Je suis Charlie (L'humour à mort in French). It's a shame because it seemed good and Coco was interviewed. I feel really sad for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting   Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Details about the Charlie hebdo shooting
Page 1 of 1