Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you ever wonder if..

Go down 
+3
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
Rebbie556
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92306
Forum Reputation : 225

Do you ever wonder if.. Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:15 am

Byron & Kevin are reading posts in this Forum?🤔🤔
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:57 am

We have had a number of survivors here. I am pretty sure we have had family members here at least lurking

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:02 am

Another reason I’m glad Jenn has made this place what it is. Family members won’t stumble upon things that will upset them (suicide photos etc..)

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69350
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:20 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Another reason I’m glad Jenn has made this place what it is. Family  members won’t stumble upon things that will upset them (suicide photos etc..)

I can see many survivors and parents getting upset with all of us heavily studying/pondering it though. Like they probably think we are a bunch of heartless weirdos
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:02 pm

I believe that the real problem is that some of the people out there have committed or plotted to commit a school shooting. I can therefore understand it.

My main reason for being here, well: I happened to read an article just a few years ago on Columbine. Than I see a lot of contradictory statements, plus, Im interested in facts.

I still recall how quickly we jumped into conclusions when the Utøya shooting happened. Some people would go on to target muslims, because people just assumed that it was a radical islamist attack, until it turned out that it wasnt. Who would have thought that it was a right wing anti muslim bigot?

Thats my reason for being here. I find it fascinating, but also horrifying, at the same time. And, facts matter. I find that missinformation is a problem.

With that being said: I understand their perspective, as incorrect as it may be. I believe that the media again is doing a bad Job. Most of us are researchers. A tiny minority are the people that look up to them as heroes

Again: I dont expect them to think or feel anything one way or another. What happened there is absolutely horrible. It shattered whole communities, people lost their children, other people became the ultimate scapegoat. And than on top of that you have people glorifying what Eric and Dylan did. While you lost a child or a loved one in that tragedy.

I know that most of us are like that, but given the circumstances I wouldnt blame them, if thats what they are thinking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:06 pm

joebox97 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Another reason I’m glad Jenn has made this place what it is. Family  members won’t stumble upon things that will upset them (suicide photos etc..)

I can see many survivors and parents getting upset with all of us heavily studying/pondering it though. Like they probably think we are a bunch of heartless weirdos
I can agree with this. I think they'd find the forum and still think of us a weird fanboys/girls for having an interesting in the shooting. I can understand how you would feel that way if you found a forum dedicated to researching the shooting your child died in.

Nonetheless, I am very glad this place does exist.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:30 pm

It's human nature to want to read what people are saying about you, so I'm sure many people associated with Columbine have came across the forum.

I'm sure some of them look at us like weirdos, but I can't blame them, as if I were in their shoes I'd probably think the same.

Some of them came close to dying that day, so I can understand why people nonchalantly talking about two murderers might be odd to them.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:53 pm

People are still dealing with flashbacks and trauma as a result
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm

I think forums like this can be very helpful and informative. I’m unsure if a lot of survivors or family have checked it out (may be too hard for them). I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] being here is interesting and every one seems to find little facts or misinformation and then we try to piece it together.
Take the EAR/ONS case; if it wasn’t for armchair detectives and people interested in the case, he may have never been caught. Having more eyes on crimes (solved or unsolved) can open doors to lost info and misinformation.
Back to top Go down
kayla_mashae

Contribution Points : 46125
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm really glad I've found this forum. I just got into Columbine about a year ago and I'm still finding out new things daily. I love true crime stuff, but this is one of my favorites because Eric and Dylan died before anyone could ask "why?". All we had was the evidence they left behind and what the police allowed the public to see (which was a decent amount, but I still have so many unanswered questions). I can't talk to anyone about it, because they look at me as if I'm crazy. Even my own boyfriend thinks its "unhealthy", but I have a connection with this situation for whatever reason. My heart hurts for the victims (Including E&D) and the families, and I want to know "why?" just as much as the next person. So hopefully, if a survivor does come across this forum, maybe they can get some answers themselves and maybe it might even help them heal. There could be information they never even knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever wonder if..   Do you ever wonder if.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever wonder if..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: