Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
properground
6 posters
AuthorMessage
properground

Contribution Points : 58474
Forum Reputation : 108

What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm getting ready to visit the 11K+, and I was thinking about where to start. I enjoyed going down the rabbit hole and starting with what seemed like the most important parts (their journals imo), then going to other interviews for more information.

In your opinion, what do you think the most important part(s) are?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193557
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Library witnesses, their associates and all of their writings etc... those are very interesting

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 4:36 am

I would say, of course, the entire document is important. If you're looking for what is more interesting, than as said above, library witness statements are interesting. That's where most of the shooting took place, so if you're looking to learn a lot about how Dylan and Eric acted during the shooting that would be a good place. (That's what I was interested in. I wanted to learn how different they acted that day, etc.) Witnesses from other rooms (like ones they didn't go in) still have interesting statements, but of course they really aren't going to tell you too much about Dylan and Eric during the shooting.

Reading their journals is, also, worthwhile!
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 64164
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 12:28 am

If I could forget it and read it again I would start with looking at all their little notes and assignments to get a picture of who they tried to be socially and their way of expression, then I would move on to their associates and look into how they actually was percieved and then lastly the Journals to see their inner feelings and what drove them.

This is because I think since I read the Journals first I am a bit biased and might interpret some of their public behaviour without the filter that people usually have between group identity & individual identity.
Back to top Go down
dereknocturnal

Contribution Points : 49944
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:12 am

munchkinphone wrote:
If I could forget it and read it again I would start with looking at all their little notes and assignments to get a picture of who they tried to be socially and their way of expression, then I would move on to their associates and look into how they actually was percieved and then lastly the Journals to see their inner feelings and what drove them.

This is because I think since I read the Journals first I am a bit biased and might interpret some of their public behaviour without the filter that people usually have between group identity & individual identity.

Do you think Eric's journal were his true feelings? Or do you think they were amped up to 11 because he knew the public would be reading it? That's the issue I've always had with reading the Reb journals, admittedly I have only studied the "Reb" side of NBK, he was the shooter that I found most interest in and I have been trying to figure him out for years but I haven't been able to. I still don't know if the journal is real Eric or "Reb to the world" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103097
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:42 am

dereknocturnal wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Do you think Eric's journal were his true feelings? Or do you think they were amped up to 11 because he knew the public would be reading it? That's the issue I've always had with reading the Reb journals, admittedly I have only studied the "Reb" side of NBK, he was the shooter that I found most interest in and I have been trying to figure him out for years but I haven't been able to. I still don't know if the journal is real Eric or "Reb to the world" if you know what I mean.
No way. His journal reeks of "Look at me everyone. I'm a big bad ass and I know you'll be talking about me years from now".

Eric and Dylan both knew they were going to have followers...probably not to the extent that we have now, but they knew they were going to have followers. Eric's "journal" wasn't really a journal. It was what he called "The Book of God" or some BS he stated. He made it very clear many times in his journal that he was writing for an audience. That journal was meant to be read for everyone, including the police. He knew people were going to read about it, so he wanted people to get this impression of him that he was this shotgun swinging bad ass. If you really want to know the true Eric I suggest you read the last page of his "journal". It reeks of insecurity. Poor kid probably forgot to rip out that page lol.

It's the only part where he calls himself "Eric"...not Reb. But Eric. Geeky toothpick arms Eric Harris. Not this bad ass Rebel that he wanted to be. "Oh nooo don't let this weird Eric kid come along". But that last page of his journal is really one of the true things we see of Eric not trying to act like Billy badass.
Back to top Go down
dereknocturnal

Contribution Points : 49944
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:50 am

Yeah, that last page is something. Don't let the weird Eric kid come along oohhhhhh fucking nooo. I do wonder who he is talking about, if he is just speaking toward the popular kids that he wished he could've hung out with and partied with and been cool with. TBH I could've envisioned myself doing something like that bitching at the popular kids who got all the girls that I didn't, I was an acne faced weird kid. Or do you think his actual friends hurt him in some way?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193557
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 4:00 pm

I apologize, because again, I don't remember where I read it since there is SO much information but I vaugely remember a few people stopped invited Eric places... I keep thinking it was Robyn but I don't know.

Then again when Dylan was in Arizona Robyn had a party and invited Eric independent of Dylan.. so it wasn't like they were a packaged deal.

He may have had people he knew from other schools too that may have stopped asking him to go places.

Also Eric was said to be distant even at parties, he would show up and not talk.. so maybe towards the end he was becoming even more solemn and people assumed he didn't want to go?

I always wondered if they were really as inseparable at school as people thought?

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71014
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm

There journals are the most interesting in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?   What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think the most important part of the 11K+ is?
Page 1 of 1