Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's AOL shirt

Go down 
+4
sympathyforEandD
properground
HanShotFirst
Gold Digger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 53364
Forum Reputation : 177

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 am

Wasn't that Dylan's favourite shirt? I really wanna know what it means.

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64462
Forum Reputation : 1210

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 am

I recall it being something he wore ironically to make fun of pseudo "hackers" who plagued AOL chat boards at that time period.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

Contribution Points : 58274
Forum Reputation : 108

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:22 am

It's in "leetspeak", which is shorthand that arose from gaming communities and online chatrooms.

"AoLeet D00D" means "AOL elite, dude", or that AOL is cool/ approved.

"AoL: wHeRe KewLz HaXoRz ArE" means "AOL: Where cool hackers are".

Like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, it's making fun of all of the people on AOL chats who would drone on about how they could trace your IP and hack your computer and stuff like that. A lot like people a few years ago, before everyone had a basic understanding of tech and the internet.

I remember hearing someone say that Dylan went off on a few people on AOL chats, and he eventually got banned.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 am

properground wrote:
I remember hearing someone say that Dylan went off on a few people on AOL chats, and he eventually got banned.

IIRC, Dylan was banned from AOL for using software that tricked people into giving out their passwords.

Not a fan of the AOL shirt. He probably had to explain what it means constantly which is just embarrassing. He was very attached to it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:54 am

Yeah, Robyn tells that story in the 11 K I think. I only recall one of his AOL names. He filled out a profile and stuff .

I liked the shirt. Why does he have to explain a shirt? He can wear what he wants. There’s a lot of things that people wear out in the world that I don’t like. Doesn’t mean I’m going to ask them to explain themselves.

sympathyforEandD

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Yeah, Robyn tells that story in the 11 K I think. I only recall one of his AOL names. He filled out a profile and stuff .

Anyone know what names he used besides Wurmhole?

Quote :
Why does he have to explain a shirt? He can wear what he wants. There’s a lot of things that people wear out in the world that I don’t like. Doesn’t mean I’m going to ask them to explain themselves.

"Hey, what does your shirt mean?"
"Oh well on AOL there's this language called leetspeak and something something hackers something something"

It's awkward and embarrassing.

*points at shirt* No, no, no.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:35 am

I disagree, I don't think it is awkward and embarrassing. Dylan also didn't have to answer any questions about his shirt if anyone really cared. He didn't owe anyone an explanation regarding his shirt.

Do you think teenagers cared what his shirt looked like? Probably not. They are more concerned with their own crap.

sympathyforEandD

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:55 am

Puh-leaze. It would've been even MORE awkward if Dylan had refused to explain it.

On the day of the shooting I'm pretty sure JCSO and the fashion police were competing with eachother to see who could arrest Dylan first.

Out of interest Ophelia, do you have a crush on him? O_O
Back to top Go down
Heinrich94

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83330
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 1:00 pm

Yeah I gotta say, the shirt is pretty cringe, even for the 90s

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Dylan was hawt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Shirts like that were just fad type shirts from the 90s. I recall this one too. *eyeroll*
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72597
Forum Reputation : 211

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 12:26 am

I'd bet my life on the fact that Dylan used to twiddle with AOHell to disturb other people's activities in AOL chatrooms.

sympathyforEandD

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 am

Amarantha wrote:
I'd bet my life on the fact that Dylan used to twiddle with AOHell to disturb other people's activities in AOL chatrooms.

Judging by the description on Wikipedia, that's exactly what he used:

The program would barrage random AOL users with instant messages like, "Hi, this is AOL Customer Service. We're running a security check and need to verify your account. Please enter your username and password to continue." (The program also had) a fake account generator which would generate a new, fully functional AOL account for the user that lasted for about a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan's AOL shirt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's AOL shirt   Dylan's AOL shirt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's AOL shirt
Page 1 of 1